2012 BMW 3 Series

LeMans GTR

The current E90 BMW 3-series has only been on the market since 2005 but details about the next-gen model are already circulating with most agreeing that the next model will feature styling lifted from the Concept CS. Due in 2012, the next BMW 3-series will be the first of a family of BMW cars with a more recognizable face derived from the original styling of the Shanghai concept.

With the new 3-series, designers will attempt to address criticisms of the current car?s awkward styling and lack of interior space. These renderings, compiled using information from sources close to the project show that the new car will have a pronounced kidney-grille with the air-intakes positioned on either side of the bumper just below the headlights.

The bonnet will sit much higher than on the current model to improve pedestrian safety, while the sides will be marked with a prominent character line and high beltline. Proportions will remain much the same as the current model but weight will be reduced thanks to the increased use of aluminum in its construction.

New options for the 2012 3-series will include hybrid variants as well as the latest version of BMW?s Efficient Dynamics. The X-Drive AWD system is likely to gain favour thanks to a redesign of the system to reduce weight, which will only increase fuel consumption by 0.5L per 100km over RWD models. Other features that may make it to production include night-vision devices, a heads-up display and radar safety systems.

Source

BMW3h.jpg

BMW3v.jpg

The back looks good, but the front is hideous !, then again it's only a photoshop.

I dont like the grille but the side profile and reat seems okay.

why does that look like a very bad photoshopped pic of bits of 5 series, 3 series and merc CLS? it's bloody ugly whatever...

No Chance. I'm sure it won't look like that so I can take my mind off this awful picture.

looks like the bmw's prototype of their own cls, which I've seen in some magazine.. maybe it was photoshoped into a future three-series

I hope the real one looks more like the old three series then the new one.

That is the worst photoshop-artist impression-whateverrendering of an upcoming car I have seen in a lllooooong time. I mean seriously....how can anyone take that piece of crap for real ?? I for sure am not buying that.

looks like the bmw's prototype of their own cls, which I've seen in some magazine.. maybe it was photoshoped into a future three-series

Concept CS

http://img458.imageshack.**/img458/8928/0448703lgwo4.jpg

Excuse me, I need to vomit.

Sorry, but I don't buy it. BMW is stepping back from the "radical" styling they have had for the last few years and going back to a more traditional and classy look, at least that is the rumor. That... monstrosity had better never wear the BMW badge.

So I guess this is what the 2012 1-series will look?

http://img528.imageshack.**/img528/6421/210le7.jpg

If I were American I'd sue, due a cruel and unusal visual punishment, loss of sleep and excessive vomiting due to that grill. Must be worth 47 Million USD of BMW's money?

I think BMW got to the point, a few years ago, where their cars just could not look any better than they do. Like this:
2003_bmw_m3_csl_02_m.jpg

Then that pompous elitist airbag (Bangle) ruined them.

I think Porsche is in the same boat, only they haven't ruined their cars yet. Sure the 911 looks pretty much exactly the same as it did a few years ago, but I like it. It looks good. Don't mess with perfection.