2012 Car Launches and Testing Thread

The Ferrari have that ugly step-nose too. :(

Force India have gone 'platypus' aswell. And they've added a little extra on the nose. Enter Le Moustache!

14b2p10.jpg

167v4ok.jpg

Good grief, those fucking noses.... I think cars should go through an aesthetics committee which has to approve the designs for the next year >.<

The new Ferrari reminds me of Arnie's final words to the Predator:
You're one ugly motherfucker!
Anyone who did not know what was behind the spoiler tag without clicking - rent "Predator" THIS weekend.

EDIT: I'd like to add the the magazine render SchumacherM posted was spot on again - not!

Last edited:
http://img15.imageshack.**/img15/235/retromd.jpg

This picture shows the huge aero bits on the rear wheels that the exhausts blow onto.

best view of this car. Makes me very glad that im a VMM fan as they managed to make thiers look normal

I know what's going on here! They made the presentations at Dunsfold and Careless Air was just doing it's routine rounds. They cleaned up the pianos but the reporters got there before they could replace the noses! Please god, let it be so!

A friend of mine is now on the Force India F1 team. Pretty awesome, being just 2 years out of college!

University of Texas at Arlington with mechanical engineering, then Oxford Brookes for something more FSAE related. Miata guy, naturally. Another friend from the same group works on the Cadillac ALMS team (Pratt & Miller). Both were on the UTA Formula SAE team.

Where did I go wrong?

Last edited:
I'm just curious because I'm on the ME/EE track right now at Penn State. I find out which track I'll be in after the selection process this month.

The Oxford Brookes school pretty much manufacturers F1 engineers. They actually have a partnership with F1.

Several uni's in the UK have (relatively) good relationships with F1 teams.

Oh god those noses WHYYYYYY. I'm definitely a pure VMM fan this year.

Hopefully, RBR has a smoothed out nose too....I mean, that grotesque excuse for a piece of bodywork doesn't even look aerodynamic.

Last edited:
I really don't care that the cars have ugly noses, so long as they get the job done and are as safe as possible. Besides, within a few races I'm sure we'll all get used to it.

Still, couldn't they have possibly made it look less...um...awkward? Especially the Force India, WTF is even going on there?! :lol: