2012 Car Launches and Testing Thread

looks better than the old ones.... but still looks very slow.
Why's that? The only thing screaming "slow" to me is the "Cosworth" logo...

Well we're not even at the first race yet and the first 'bone of contention' in the rules has arisen. Seems McLaren and Sauber have a bodywork trench exhaust set up that everyone else thought was illegal but isn't...

Why's that? The only thing screaming "slow" to me is the "Cosworth" logo...

put it next to the force india or the williams, and it looks dead slow! and those aren't even the top teams...

put it next to the force india or the williams, and it looks dead slow! and those aren't even the top teams...
Please explain...

Well we're not even at the first race yet and the first 'bone of contention' in the rules has arisen. Seems McLaren and Sauber have a bodywork trench exhaust set up that everyone else thought was illegal but isn't...

I thought Charlie Whiting agreed that all the exhausts were legal some time ago. Presumably like everything it will be declared legal and then banned soon after.

Please explain...

look where the exhaust exits, how will they get it to the diffuser? rules say it has to point upwards, and that's what it does, nothing more than that
001_small.jpg

ever seen such a boring front wing? even local ricers would've come up with something better
002_small.jpg

the bargeboard! other teams have one, we need one as well! and we'll use this piece of cardboard that's laying around as template!
12937_m.jpg

Clearly I am no match for your superior aero skills.

if you don't see that that wing will be miles worse than the Merc one for instance, you clearly aren't...

schu_merc_barc_2012-470x264.jpg

002_small.jpg

Last edited:
B-but....it's got such a great paint job! (No sarcasm there I actually really like it :D)

So a team that probably barely has a quarter of the resources and budget of the big spenders don't have an insanely intricate front wing? So what? Are they not supposed to show up because the car doesn't match the level of Mercedes, McLaren, Ferrari, or Red Bull? They haven't thrown in the towel and said "Fuck that," and I respect that.

So a team that probably barely has a quarter of the resources and budget of the big spenders don't have an insanely intricate front wing? So what? Are they not supposed to show up because the car doesn't match the level of Mercedes, McLaren, Ferrari, or Red Bull? They haven't thrown in the towel and said "Fuck that," and I respect that.

who said that? i just said it looks slow, what it will be compared to the teams you mention!

Any more details on this?

I remember reading on Autosport that the updated Red Bull had a Sauber type exhaust.

Sooo... German TV expert and former racing driver Christian Danner has laid down his prognosis: Red Bull still in lead, McLaren and Mercedes runner-ups and Ferrari hopelessly behind.

If that turns out to be true, can we expect a mass suicide in Maranello this year? :p

i actually hope ferrari does well. if not we again have to listen to the whining of the frustrated fanboys for a whole year :puke:

if you don't see that that wing will be miles worse than the Merc one for instance, you clearly aren't...

schu_merc_barc_2012-470x264.jpg

002_small.jpg

If Red Bull rocked up with a similar wing to HRT, you'd be among those saying 'wow that's so simple and effective, I bet that wilkl give them 0.2651s a lap!'

How long has it been since an unexpected race win from a car lower down in the pack, was it actually Vettel's win in the Torro Rosso? I can't recall how it happened but it would be great to see something similar from a mid-pack team. Is it possible with some sort of mid-season super update or is it purely down to a mixture of luck and driver skill?

How long has it been since an unexpected race win from a car lower down in the pack, was it actually Vettel's win in the Torro Rosso? I can't recall how it happened but it would be great to see something similar from a mid-pack team. Is it possible with some sort of mid-season super update or is it purely down to a mixture of luck and driver skill?

Alonso, Silverstone 2011.

/ducks :p