2012 chinese GP thread

Personally, I think we might see a Merc on pole. I think their system will really suit this track. Their race pace is another story.

I really hope Hamilton can bag his first win, despite the gearbox penalty.

On a side note, if you think Ham's penalty for a gearbox change is rubbish, just have a moment to think about the fact that 12 cars will have to take 10-place grid drops at the Long Beach Indycar race due to unscheduled engine changes.

Some Q's shouldn't much harm so:
1.Qualifying and Podium?
2.Will Ferrari show any improvement in raw pace?
3.How will the Merc's fair in the race, is the Qualy pace a sign of potential race pace or is the W03 a one trick pony?
4.Judging by the last two races how tight is the field, have the midfield teams closed the gap to the front runners slightly this year?
5.Will we see a more aggressive Hamilton in the race? (note he has a grid penalty.)
6.To Bahrain or not to Bahrain?

What is this not capitalized, no sponsor, thread title bullshit?

Lol jokes, any reason why the gearbox required changing? Already feeling a bit down even though this circuit is easy mode for overtaking.

1.Qualifying and Podium?
Pole: Rosberg (LOLWUT) Podium: Button, Vettel, Maldonado (oh yuss why not? :p).

Nope, especially not with Massa the way he is at the moment. I feel sorry for him, and think a lot of criticism he receives is excessive, but it's a cruel game. If he's gone next year no one will be surprised.

3.How will the Merc's fair in the race, is the Qualy pace a sign of potential race pace or is the W03 a one trick pony?
Quali pace is sadly not indicative of race-pace. I expect both to finish smack-bang in the middle of field, crashes or mechanical problems excepted.

4.Judging by the last two races how tight is the field, have the midfield teams closed the gap to the front runners slightly this year?
Most have, bar 'Sort-of Lotus'. They are going backwards...or maybe that's just Free Practice. IDEK

5.Will we see a more aggressive Hamilton in the race? (note he has a grid penalty.)
No, he won't even bother now.

No. Putting all political arguments aside, I just can't see how the situation can possibly be safe for holding a major international sporting event. I hope everyone will be okay. The whole thing is such an embarrassing mess. :sigh:

What is this not capitalized, no sponsor, thread title bullshit?

you've had plenty of time to create one to your standards...

anyone knows about vettel? he had gearbox problems during the malaysian grand prix, but i have read nowhere they actually replaced it?

anyone knows about vettel? he had gearbox problems during the malaysian grand prix, but i have read nowhere they actually replaced it?
From what I gathered the team wanted VET to fake a technical problem in one of the last laps in order to get a free gearbox change (the gearbox change penalty if lifted if you DNF because of technical problems). Being a racer, VET ignored the team order and pushed on to the end. Got scolded by the team management, but as a back-to-back world champion they could not really fire him for disobeying orders ;)

1.Qualifying and Podium?

Pole: Schumi Podium: Schumi, Vettel, Alonso

Yes, you'd have to be a Ferrari hater to think otherwise. Fry said that they've brought improvements to help narrow the gap by 0.8 seconds.

Well but I'm don't have confidence with the rest of the team.

Tight.

Nah.

Fuck Bahrain.

Yes, you'd have to be a Ferrari hater to think otherwise. Fry said that they've brought improvements to help narrow the gap by 0.8 seconds.

Hello and welcome to today's episode of Cello's delusional world!

Here's some news from the planet the rest of us lives on:
Pat Fry said:
Taking these two factors into consideration, I am not expecting anything new in terms of our positions on the grid. At the moment, our realistic expectation is somewhere between seventh and 12th place, as indeed we were in Sepang.
Fry said that while the upgrades they brought are a significant improvement, the track does not suit the car as well as the last two which will effectively neutralize any gains. (src)

Last edited:

euhm...no
he said they still are 0.8s off the pace...

?I certainly wasn?t expecting to have one driver leading the championship. From quite early on in testing, we realised we had quite a few issues we needed to sort out. Everyone at the factory has been working hard at that, as we still have a long way to go. I think our dry qualifying performance is still around 8 tenths off the best while we want to be the best ourselves. Damp low grip conditions suit our car and flatter some of the issues we have with the F2012 at the moment. You could see that in Melbourne on Friday and again in the race in Malaysia.?

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Form...410-f1-Chinese-gp-still-a-long-way-to-go.aspx

Spoilers: Ferrari is going to suck at this race.

My predictions:

1. Button
2. Vettel
3. Hamilton
4. Raikkonen
5. Webber
6. Schumacher
7. Alonso
8. Perez

Massa somewhere around 13-15th.

Last edited:
HOLLLLYLYLYAIHLWFELUAWFEWFEAWEAFLUWAFELUEWFALUWEAFLUI VETTEL P11.

Feels weird now that I want him to come back and win this race <.< >.>

Did webber just get P1 in Q2 on primes?

Holy crap, Kamui. D:
Good on Nico, though, a well-deserved pole. Hopefully, his first GP win, too.