2012 chinese GP thread

AMAZING race.

couldn't help but notice that this thread is suspiciously lacking in the "Ferrari fan" category

What can we say? It's a shit car so I have not expectations of the team this year.

Congrats to Nico. He was due a win. Now, Force India needs to win just to throw everyone off.

tumblr_m2iqneA1O31qlt7lao1_500.gif

Brave comrade, but not glorious as Vyborg rocket.

petrov-goes-rallying-o.gif

Last edited:
Keke Rossberg also has a new first!
he's the first F1 race winner to see his son win a race

What a crackin' race! Man I wasn't on my toes for a whole race since.... ever in F1. And what an absolute perfect weekend by Roseberg, truly untouchable throughout the whole weekend and the other teams need to start worrying cause if those Mercs really are this quick it will be hard to catch up. IMO, they'll only be strong in cold conditions and when they come to Europe in the summer they'll have a very hard time.

Button's pit stop was a heart stopper as well, we see the mechanics signaling something is wrong and then the picture moves to somewhere else! I nearly killed my TV... Also kudos to RBR for having what was probably the best strategy today. Got both cars to 4th and 5th, well done.

All in all it was an amazing F1 weekends and we can only hope for more of those!

I couldnt help notice the extremely poor air quality in Shanghai. How long is that back straight, a kilometer? And from end you can't even see the first corner clearly for all the smog. Nice race.

tumblr_m2iqneA1O31qlt7lao1_500.gif

Brave comrade, but not glorious as Vyborg rocket.

I like Webber's better. Looks like he's got a lowrider! :lol:

I couldnt help notice the extremely poor air quality in Shanghai. How long is that back straight, a kilometer? And from end you can't even see the first corner clearly for all the smog. Nice race.

Yeap, I was there for the expo and its so humid that being indoors with aircon and then stepping outside is like being suffocated. Your skin gets all icky almost instantly and it feels like someone has a pillow over your face.

Yeap, I was there for the expo and its so humid that being indoors with aircon and then stepping outside is like being suffocated. Your skin gets all icky almost instantly and it feels like someone has a pillow over your face.

You were at the expo too? Brofist.

Last time I landed in China, I puked in the airport carpark thrice.

There's a moment in the middle of that where it just hangs in the air, on the verge of flipping over, but there's not quite enough momentum/lift and it eventually comes back down.

It could so easily have ended up like this:
[video=youtube;gmdzy-rd24U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmdzy-rd24U[/video]

Last edited:
Stunning race. Amazing. I'm gonna rewatch it because I was too busy worrying about the McLaren to actually enjoy the fabulous racing that was going on. I think though that had Lewis been on a two stop, he would have been second/first. With the shorter DRS zone the 3 stopper didn't work like it did last year...

Stunning race. Amazing. I'm gonna rewatch it because I was too busy worrying about the McLaren to actually enjoy the fabulous racing that was going on. I think though that had Lewis been on a two stop, he would have been second/first. With the shorter DRS zone the 3 stopper didn't work like it did last year...
I disagree. Vettel, Kimi, and a few others got fucked by their two stopper. Rosberg made the 2 stopper work because of the gaps he pulled at the beginning of the race.

There's a moment in the middle of that where it just hangs in the air, on the verge of flipping over, but there's not quite enough momentum/lift and it eventually comes back down.

It could so easily have ended up like this:
[video=youtube;gmdzy-rd24U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmdzy-rd24U[/video]

That moment is supposedly one of the reasons why the cars are so ugly this year. It's supposed to keep cars from flipping....

Oh and love this :)

535623_368929936484348_354038244640184_1012000_2064278569_n.jpg

Last edited:

Would've loved to see Hammy's race had he not been starting off in 7th. :p

I disagree. Vettel (...) got fucked by their two stopper. Rosberg made the 2 stopper work because of the gaps he pulled at the beginning of the race.

Explain how? He went from being 14th at the end of the first lap to 5th by the end. Sure he lost the podium but he wouldn't have been anywhere near it if he stayed on a three stopper.

Keke Rossberg also has a new first!
he's the first F1 race winner to see his son win a race

To actually see, as in Graham Hill died before seeing Damon winning? That's interesting...

Any chance of procuring the on board footage from that? must be scary as shit

The race was a lot of fun, such close racing from ALL teams and I do include Ferrari there cos if Alonso hadn't made that one tiny mistake which left him behind the Williamses, I think he was keeping up with Hamilton quite well. He would have spiced up that 2nd to 5th fight even more.
Schumi would have had a say in there too. Real shame how his race ended.
Can't remember a race where pit stops/pit crews had such a big influence since refueling was banned. Nico probably has to thank that gun in the McLaren garage. Which leads me to ask, these air operated guns are more prone to jamming?

What a drop off the Raikonnen tyres... really that wall is an understatement, they should have used the Game of Thrones one. I thought he was gonna retire there for a minute, losing like 12 places in two laps?

Now let's sit and wait for the Bahrain drama

Last edited: