2012 chinese GP thread

Can't remember a race where pit stops/pit crews had such a big influence since refueling was banned. Nico probably has to thank that gun in the McLaren garage. Which leads me to ask, these air operated guns are more prone to jamming?

Not too sure if i heard it correctly, but the McLaren(or Mercedes?) wheel guys have the nut primed in the gun already, and any misalignment when tightening the fucker in means a botched stop. As for what is your favourite(mine actually) driver Alonso, it is definitely intriguing if he managed to stay ahead of the Williams and joined in the argy-bargy when Raikkonen tires decided to die.

Not too sure if i heard it correctly, but the McLaren(or Mercedes?) wheel guys have the nut primed in the gun already, and any misalignment when tightening the fucker in means a botched stop. As for what is your favourite(mine actually) driver Alonso, it is definitely intriguing if he managed to stay ahead of the Williams and joined in the argy-bargy when Raikkonen tires decided to die.

no idea about McLaren, but definately not mercedes, they have a system where the nut is part of the rim...
xpb_425371_1200px.jpg

[Mercedes] have a system where the nut is part of the rim...
xpb_425371_1200px.jpg
They tested that in DTM for a few seasons before adopting it in F1, DC said.

So it's an internal spline and the nut is a male screw that tightens down on and jams the whole wheel is place.. Very smart

Explain how? He went from being 14th at the end of the first lap to 5th by the end. Sure he lost the podium but he wouldn't have been anywhere near it if he stayed on a three stopper.

Vettel not as much, since he only lost the podium, but Kimi dropped from 3rd to 14th in one lap, that is getting fucked by a 2 stop.

I've been looking around on my favourite racing website (at least it is for me...) but I can't find a post-race forum or similar from Sky. Was there one? All I can see is BBC forum, but nothing post-race for Sky. I know last race it was wrapped into the same file as the race coverage but the description of the race this time says it only goes up to the podium.

Reminded me of this (embedding disabled)
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2iqneA1O31qlt7lao1_500.gif

can anyone explain me what is a post race forum?

on every forum imaginable there are post race discussions?!?!

I'm pretty sure they're talking about the post race activity that includes interviews and discussions that's an actual segment on TV.

Yeah, the BBC and Sky both have post race coverage, discussions and interviews (which the BBC call the "forum") lasting around an hour to an hour and a half. The BBC's is broadcast on a digital channel via the red button whereas Sky's is part of their normal 5 hour race coverage broadcast.

What was said above re post-race coverage. When I said I was searching on my favourite racing website, for me, it was a reference to a particular site.

lol bone I was thinking the same thing when the BBC started covering F1 2 years back. then a nice forum member introduced me to Get iPlayer and I saw what the "forum" was. Since then I can't watch F1 anywhere except the British coverage, it just makes all others look soooooo bad.

Oh man has anybody watched the race edit yet? (which btw, all of them this/last year have really shitty music)

The shot of Button in the pits during his slow stop, you can see through his visor and his eyes are just BULGING, FUMING IN HIS HELMET. Scary

Oh man has anybody watched the race edit yet? (which btw, all of them this/last year have really shitty music)

The shot of Button in the pits during his slow stop, you can see through his visor and his eyes are just BULGING, FUMING IN HIS HELMET. Scary

Music wasn't shitty... Anyways I always watch em cause sometimes the bring new footage and I'm like whoa! where was I when that happened! This week's wasn't bad and Button's eyes were really scary...