2012 FIA WEC/ALMS/ELMS/BES Thread

Ouch, big crash in Mulsanne Corner by Toyota #8 and a Ferrari...

That means the Safety Car is coming out.

What the hell! Big crash!

And once again a moron in a 458 crashes into a top team because these bloody asstalians don't know how to use mirrors.

Unlucky for Toyota, not their fault at all. Not sure how much I'll bother to watch the race if the #7 goes off or has a mechanical failure at some point.

Ok my Eurosport stream has went to football and I'm missing this - can someone post or PM me a stream link please? I only have the Audi.tv one on-board the Audi...

Quite a weird move by that amateur driver.. Also weird that that the car flipped like that!
Very weird, given that the fin is supposed to stop exactly that. By general consensus, it worked in the McNish crash last year, so it's strange it didn't work this time.

Edit: Stick with your Eurosport stream, it'll be back at half past. Personally I'm going with the Eurosport player, ?5 for a months subscription.

Last edited:
Ok my Eurosport stream has went to football and I'm missing this - can someone post or PM me a stream link please? I only have the Audi.tv one on-board the Audi...
http://www.sportlemon.tv/v-4/0/180/v-418132.html
Very weird, given that the fin is supposed to stop exactly that. By general consensus, it worked in the McNish crash last year, so it's strange it didn't work this time.
Well, the fin can't stop everything since there are too many physical variables (at which speed and which angle did the car spin etc.), but it reduces the speed of the impact greatly when a car goes sideways. I think even without the fin McNish wouldn't have flipped until the armco, but there would have been a bigger impact.

Wow, the #3 Audi goes out of the pits again, that's quite an achievement fixing such a damage in a mere 20 minutes or so (he lost 10 minutes on the road after the crash)...

Last edited:
Incredibly, the #3 Audi is back on the track. It's lost 30 minutes, but as we just saw, anything can happen and we still have just under 19 hours to go.

I think one thing that caused Ant's car to take off was that the collision with the Ferrari took out his left rear wheel, which in turn lifted the front right corner up and let the air underneath the car. Pretty much the worst case scenario there, full speed and the leading edge of the car being raised off the ground.

Went away for an hour and carnage... Hopefully Davidson is fine.

The armco and tires at the Mulsanne Corner look pretty much intact again so expect the race going faster in the next time again.

[edit]
Green flag again! The race is on again.
[/edit]

[edit]
Nooooo! The Delta Wing has been knocked into the concrete barrier...
[/edit]

Last edited: