2012 FIA WEC/ALMS/ELMS/BES Thread

Will be interesting to see if any potential niggles show up in the coming hours. Looks like it's all over for the DeltaWing, it hit the concrete barrier pretty hard :|

Edit: That was pretty damn unlucky, the worst part of the track to run into that heavy traffic.

Last edited:
Big mistake by Nakajima

The remaining Toyota #7 goes into the garage and is dismantled, I think the undercarriage gets changed.

[edit]
20 minutes later, it's still in the garage and dropped to 10th place...
[/edit]

Last edited:
The Toyota is still in the garage, it's 15 laps down already. That means Audi can relax and just drive their win home, possibly a triple-win since the gap between the 3rd Audi and the best of the rest is already 2 laps.

It?s a shame that Toyota are basically out of it. It was not really unexpected for Audi to win (they haven't yet ;)), but Toyota has shown to have the pace, and this makes 2013 Le Mans an exciting prospect. I don't wish any bad luck to Audi, but I'd really like to see a privateer team on podium.

I am happy Toyota is out after they killed my beloved Deltawing. If Audi fails now a Lola might actually win ;)

The Deltawing is officially out. Apparently they asked the ACO if, provided they could recover and fix the car, if they could be allowed to race it, for the sake of the fans, but the answer was "non".

Anyone else having problems with the live timings?

The Deltawing is officially out. Apparently they asked the ACO if, provided they could recover and fix the car, if they could be allowed to race it, for the sake of the fans, but the answer was "non".

That's French for you.

It occasionally cuts out, usually when the ACO throws some random gibberish in the timing & scoring feed. At one point they were feeding French news into it!

For me, none of the two timings has been working probably for the last hour or so...

Edit: Now is one of the few moments where it actually does work.
http://thomasbaekdal.com/mini-sites/lemans2012/ This is still about 10 laps behind...

Last edited:
Apparently Davidson has broke his back. He's in hopital and tweeting, and since he got out and walked around, I presume it's not a disabling break, but a more minor break - as far as a broken back can be minor...

[video=youtube;NJylUpzQ-iQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJylUpzQ-iQ[/video]

Makes me sad. I mean the likelihood of it actually finishing was quite slim, but to be punted out by such a dumbass move....:?

Last edited: