2012 Formula 1 Grand Prix of Europe

I am the anti Hamilton around here and even I see it was Maldonado's fault. Once he was off the track, he should have stopped fighting for the position and concentrated on returning to the track as safely as possible. Then line up another overtake somewhere else if he was being so much faster.

I just watched the replay and then Maldonado's interview and I actually got mad. I was genuinely pissed that Maldonado thought he was innocent. This kid wins a race and now he believes he can't do wrong. Utter bullshit, he should definitely get a grid penalty.

edit: just watched Hamilton's reaction and he was so...unemotional. Considering how he punched his steering wheel then threw it, I'd say he's been told to chill the fuck out on interviews since last year.

Maybe it's cause he's black.

(who was that guy beside him? Engineer or some PR guy to make sure Hamilton didn't lose it on camera....?)

Last edited:
Amazing drive from Alonso, absolutely brilliant. His poise is truly remarkable.

Maldonado is a douche. He can't be more in the wrong in that incident. I mean that is some amateur video game racing bullshit.

I just watched the replay and then Maldonado's interview and I actually got mad. I was genuinely pissed that Maldonado thought he was innocent. This kid wins a race and now he believes he can't do wrong. Utter bullshit, he should definitely get a grid penalty.

He's got a terrible habit of blaming others for his mistakes. When he got a penalty for sideswiping Perez in Monaco practice he still claimed that he was simply turning into the corner and Perez got in the way. Even though, if you turned in to the corner at that point without another car in the way, you'd drive straight into the barrier. And he blamed Hamilton for their crash after qualifying at Spa the other year.

(who was that guy beside him? Engineer or some PR guy to make sure Hamilton didn't lose it on camera....?)

Apparently HAM had 2 PR guys with him.. :p

Apparently HAM had 2 PR guys with him.. :p
I completely agree with Humphrey that Hamilton did perform lines given to him by the PR brass. Badly. He should not consider a second career in acting.

I completely agree with Humphrey that Hamilton did perform lines given to him by the PR brass. Badly. He should not consider a second career in acting.

Yeah, I'd like to hear what he had to say behind closed doors..

Great drive from Vettel. Deserved to win the race.

I'm going to blame Rosberg for that. If it wasn't for his....staunch defending....at Bahrain this year, Lewis probably would have left just enough room on the outside the other day. But since we now know there are no rules about running someone off the track anymore, why should Lewis have given Pastor room? :/

He would have won probably in a very Vettelesque fashion, if the car didn't quit on him. Even with the safety car removing his whole lead.

I wanna bring up Kobayashi's move on Bruno Senna which sent the guy spinning and with a puncture. Senna ended up 10th (after his team mate got a penalty), so I wonder exactly where he'd have ended up if Koba hadn't done another of his "I don't care I'm kamikaze" moves. I don't agree it was Senna's fault and the drive through was adding salt to the wound for no reason since returning to the pits and the pitstop meant a lot of lost time... he finished 35 seconds from the lead, after the safety car compacted the field of course, but I still wonder.

Also yet again, wtf is up with Massa... Domenicalli said he had a lot of bad luck. Surely not more than Senna and he still managed to be beaten by a god damned Marussia.

Last edited:
I'm not sure on the Senna incident. He had just been overtaken by a Lotus and I think was just trying to file back in, but just left it slightly to late and just cut of Kobayashi. I think the reason he got the penalty, was because if there wasn't a wall there, he would have driven Kobayashi of the road. And you could say it was to defend, but he didn't leave one cars width. Which is against the rules.

Massa is just shit. I'm sorry. But he needs to go. He is costing Ferrari the constructors. Ferrari is (amazingly) the only 2 time winner. It may no be the quickest in quali, but Alonso seems to have race pace pretty damn good. He is the only one to finish in the points in every race I believe?

And also, sure, Vettel had a great drive. But racing is also about the cars. And as we all know, to finish first, first you have to finish. To say he should have won is nonsense. You never know what could have happened. He may have got a punture, crashed into a backmarker. It's racing, shit happens. He got unlucky. But everyone has there good days and bad days. Last year, nothing went wrong for Vettel, except for Abu Dhabis weird tyre thing. If you exclude that his worst race was a 4th.

Last edited:
He would have won probably in a very Vettelesque fashion, if the car didn't quit on him. Even with the safety car removing his whole lead.

I wanna bring up Kobayashi's move on Bruno Senna which sent the guy spinning and with a puncture. Senna ended up 10th (after his team mate got a penalty), so I wonder exactly where he'd have ended up if Koba hadn't done another of his "I don't care I'm kamikaze" moves. I don't agree it was Senna's fault and the drive through was adding salt to the wound for no reason since returning to the pits and the pitstop meant a lot of lost time... he finished 35 seconds from the lead, after the safety car compacted the field of course, but I still wonder.

Also yet again, wtf is up with Massa... Domenicalli said he had a lot of bad luck. Surely not more than Senna and he still managed to be beaten by a god damned Marussia.

that was so senna's fault!! nothing wrong with getting alongside on the inside of a corner, senna should've seen kobayashi!
but i wondered about his drive as well. he lapped have a lap with a flat tire, got a drive through, and still ended up 10th? well driven!

Also have just read Brundles race report.

Brundle
In the closing stages he had lost his rears, he described them as feeling like two flat tyres. Should he have simply yielded to Maldonado? Of course not, every point counts and you never know what might happen to your opponent before the chequered flag.

Did he squeeze Maldonado off the track? No, he left the mandatory car's width in the braking zone and then if your opponent tries to go around the outside of a tight corner he's likely to run out of space, that's perfectly normal. Should Lewis have left more space for Maldonado? Absolutely yes, especially for him given their history together, but the layout of the track there means he couldn't run very far off line as a tight left hander followed immediately. But the bottom line is that Maldonado speared at a sharp angle into the side of Hamilton's car having just recovered from fully off the race track. The throttle pedal works both ways, and this was a particularly stupid accident anyway because he was guaranteed to pass the McLaren any time soon. Apparently Williams had implored him on the radio not to take risks, and he is very lucky not to be carrying a heavy grid penalty to Silverstone.

Pretty much my thoughts.

And also, sure, Vettel had a great drive. But racing is also about the cars. And as we all know, to finish first, first you have to finish. To say he should have won is nonsense. You never know what could have happened. He may have got a punture, crashed into a backmarker. It's racing, shit happens. He got unlucky. But everyone has there good days and bad days. Last year, nothing went wrong for Vettel, except for Abu Dhabis weird tyre thing. If you exclude that his worst race was a 4th.

I agree.