Circuit_Valensia_street.svg

[video=youtube;uo5E-2_2mgg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo5E-2_2mgg[/video]

Race date: 24th of June, 2012
Number of laps: 57
Circuit length: 5.419 km
Race distance: 308.883 km
Lap record: 1:38.683 (Timo Glock, 2009)
Last winner: Sebastian Vettel

(questions are pointless, as they're always the same)

Last edited:
Damn, I forgot what an awesome sound the Ferrari had in 2010...sounds like a spaceship :D

It was actually surprisingly difficult to find an actual lap of this circuit on youtube...

Well, considering what a borefest it is I'm suprised there actually is any footage.

Last edited:
Its the most boring race of the year, that will never be debated anywhere. But I was playing F1 2011 the other night, and it's probably one of the better tracks on there to play besides Spa, Monaco, and Canada. How do the drivers feel about the track?

PF1 said:
Organisers have reduced the capacity for the European Grand Prix from 65 000 to 45 000 in order to get a full house in Valencia.
PF1 said:
With Spain gripped by economic strife, it comes as no real surprise that the event is not yet a sell-out. However, in an effort to ensure that the race still benefits from the great atmosphere created by packed stands, the capacity has been cut.

Of the 45 000 tickets that where available, organisers say that 85% have been sold, with just over a week until the race.
The Valencia Street Circuit may not host a grand prix next year, with the European GP falling away and Valencia and Barcelona instead rotating the hosting of the Spanish GP from 2013
Seems topical.

Lets just get it over with so we can get on with Britain.

Oh, really. :rolleyes:

Yes, really. I do actually mean it. They're getting tideous and boring, but maybe that's me.

I'll happily step aside with making threads or restarting with questions again if that's what you guys want.

Last edited:
^i'm on your side

"a new post in the F1 thread!"
"ugh, another one guessing based on nothing"
* closes thread

I gave up on them a couple of years ago, but jsausley's questions for Spain a couple of months ago were as good as any I've seen recently.

Valencia is definitely a borefest, but even that still can't get me into being able to make an accurate prediction of the results for Sunday's race. This bloody better be a good omen for what the Valencia race has in store, otherwise it's going to be more sure than ever that the Valencia Street Circuit is a huge waste of money and should never be featured in the F1 calendar ever again.

I gave up on them a couple of years ago, but jsausley's questions for Spain a couple of months ago were as good as any I've seen recently.

They need to be specific to the season at that point and the race. Obviously, "Who do you think will win/be on pole?" is a fun question but it is ultimately a pointless one, as guessing the winner is as random (especially this season) as trying to guess the Super Bowl Champion halfway through October. But you can come up with interesting questions for these threads, I think... you just have to look at the races in the past (both in the current season and on the track in seasons past) and try to find trends.

I just enjoy having more substance on these threads. Without the questions there's almost nothing to bother posting about. I don't frequent any F1 forums so I like to see the discussions here with FG members and see what other people are saying about the race ahead of time. Obviously if I did go to F1 forums this would be redundant, but I don't. Plus it's fun to talk crap about Ferrari and watch the fanboys get angry. (I kid, I kid. Ferrari has gotten their act together and are racing excellently at the moment. It's good to see the red cars putting in a valiant effort for podium once again. Well, at least one red car... poor Massa. :( )

Last edited:
The last post in this thread was 8 days ago, so nobody cares for this race. I am kind of annoyed though that the BBC is showing this race instead of another potentially more interesting one.

Was that Andrew Bynum in the McLaren garage ?

Edit: Webber out in Q1 :blink:

Last edited:
The gaps are insane :eek: Schmacher 0.2 sec behind Rosberg - a full 10 (!!) positions on the grid. You used to share a grid row if you were 0.2 behind your team mate. Absolutely Epic!

what the hell vettel!

wow...just wow :shock:

Jean Todt all chummy with De Montezemolo in the Ferrari garage...
It looked like we might see an interesting polesitter until Vettel pulled out that monster lap. Well done, but I hope he doesn't go on to dominate the season from here on...

Jean Todt all chummy with De Montezemolo in the Ferrari garage...
It looked like we might see an interesting polesitter until Vettel pulled out that monster lap. Well done, but I hope he doesn't go on to dominate the season from here on...

Too bad Webbo was out with the DRS problems- he was only 7/10ths slower than Vet even with the wing out of the running.