2012 Formula 1 Grand Prix of Europe

And a hundred thousand fans in the grandstands exploded that day. Fairytale result for Alonso.

Last edited:
Wasn't/Isn't there something in the rules about stopping on the track and such after the race and recieving things/assistance?

I think Mercedes won't complain. After all, a Mercedes drove Alonso to the podium :D

I almost cried when all four of those guys stood on the top step before the champagne. Those 3 drivers have a rich history with Ferrari (Alonso to a lesser extent but he's the star driver for the team this year). I said I was rooting for Grosjean but I'm just as pleased now to see another Lotus scoring a podium result. And to top it off Michael Schumacher gets his first podium since Shanghai 2006. This is the form he should have been this season if it weren't for bad luck. Although that came about because of Maldonado taking Hamilton out and falling down to 10th, still, please Schumey, keep it up!

ferrarilt7.gif

That was a good race in Valencia. Still can't believe that. Bad luck for some and a great drive by all podium finishers.

Unreliability is so underrated.

edit: Did Schumacher use DRS under a yellow flag?

Last edited:
Holy fuckballs Batman. It's like ALL of the excitement of the last few Valencia races all came out like a stream of diarrhoea.

For the Hamilton - Maldonado happy smash time, both are at fault, but more towards Hamilton, as he left no room and when Maldonado jumped the kerbs, there's no way there won't be any contact.

Grosjean: :(, but potential world champion.

Vettel: Lol! I got a feeling the safety car period affected something in the car, perhaps cooling went poof?

Unreliability is so underrated.

edit: Did Schumacher use DRS under a yellow flag?

According to Ross Brawn, MSC released DRS 30 meters before the yellow flag.

In other news, Pastor Maldonado.

Guy on Reddit said:
He's like a shitty Montoya.

Did anyone see his post-race interview with the BBC? The guy has no sense of realism. After Spain, he was talking about winning the championship. :|

Oh, the joy of hearing this on the podium. And the fact that all three drivers on the podium have had it played for them in the past...breathtaking. And this is VALENCIA.

Valencia? Exciting? What kind of black magic is this?! :p

I am by no means an Alonso fan or a Ferrari fan, but that was quite a drive. Really pleased to Kimi get on the podium again, although dissappointed for Grosjean. It's really nice to see Schumi finally back on the podium too!

I don't really know what Maldonado and Vergne were thinking in their respective incidents

Watching the Sky post-race show now and Martin Brundle says the stewards are still looking at the Maldonado/Hamilton incident and might be looking at Michael opening his DRS in the yellow flag zone, something Vettel was penalised for earlier in the year.

In other news, Pastor Maldonado.

Guy on Reddit said:
He's like a shitty Montoya.

I like Chris Harris' verdict on Twitter:

@harrismonkey said:
Maldonado = prick.

Last edited:
BRAVISSIMO!

What an absolutely superb race, unpredictable, edge of your seat stuff with a truly worthy victor. Great to see the Iceman and old man Schumi back on the podium too. I'm no tifosi, but seeing those three together was really special.

A Valencia grand prix that was actually worth seeing. A nice birthday present!

Alonso was super, what a talented and clever driver and he did not have the best equipment either.

McMerc must get their pit stops sorted out. I think that Maldonado was off the track when he hit Hamilton, you can not do that - it's damn dangerous.

The Lotuses are getting better and better, Red Bulls must improve their reliability (Mr Obvious strikes there). Yes it was a great race, some of the camera work and editing left a lot to be desired though.

And the Prick of the Year award goes to: Maldonado.

Send that amateur out of F1.

His BBC interview confirms it. He's completely illusional and has no ability to understand realism.

Last edited:
Assuming that Alonso ran out of fuel at the end, why is it not considered as serious as doing it in qualifying? The cumulative affect of even half a laps fuel over the whole race will be quite significant. The team would have known he was going to be short so surely he should have to turn down the engine so he can finish will the needed fuel?
Don't get me wrong, Alonso deserved the victory and an extra liter or fuel would have made no difference but I don't understand this strange distinction with qualifying.

Assuming that Alonso ran out of fuel at the end, why is it not considered as serious as doing it in qualifying? The cumulative affect of even half a laps fuel over the whole race will be quite significant. The team would have known he was going to be short so surely he should have to turn down the engine so he can finish will the needed fuel?
Don't get me wrong, Alonso deserved the victory and an extra liter or fuel would have made no difference but I don't understand this strange distinction with qualifying.

Martin Brundle talked about it after Hamilton's penalty in Barcelona. There is some regulation that says all cars must get back to the pits under their own power (unless they've crashed or legitimately broken down) and be able to provide a fuel sample at the end of all practice and qualifying sessions but once they've crossed the line at the end of the race, the weekend is officially over and, although they still need to be able to provide a sample, they don't have to make it back to the pits under their own power.

Or something like that. :? :lol:

20 second penalty for Maldonado. Bruno Senna takes the 10th place.

It should have been a lot worse IMO, especially considering how Kobayashi's been given a grid penalty.

Last edited:
Martin Brundle talked about it after Hamilton's penalty in Barcelona. There is some regulation that says all cars must get back to the pits under their own power (unless they've crashed or legitimately broken down) and be able to provide a fuel sample at the end of all practice and qualifying sessions but once they've crossed the line at the end of the race, the weekend is officially over and, although they still need to be able to provide a sample, they don't have to make it back to the pits under their own power.

Or something like that. :? :lol:

Ok, makes sense I guess.