2012 Formula 1 Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix

Alonso will get third.

alonso is a great driver but I doubt he will get a podium it will be button hamilton and vettel or schumi on the podium in any order

Questions

1. Podiums?
Vettel, Hamilton, Schumacher

2. Will McLaren continue their great form, or was Melbourne a one time fluke?
They'll have a tougher time of it, but will still be hard to beat.

3. Under pressure, how will this race affect Massa in Ferarri?
He's done. End up somewhere between 6 and 10 if he doesn't try too hard and crash out.

4. Will there be another red flag end to the race?
Nah, maybe they'll just make it another last year at Canada.

5. Can Sauber get both their cars in the top 10 again?
I wouldn't count on double points twice in a row.

Checo is really making the best of that car. I can see him in Ferrari.

Fun qualifying to watch just now. Same starting 3 as last race: Hamilton, Button, and Schumi.

Wow Hamilton... so much faster than anyone else. Alonso apparently had a KERS problem and still managed to out qualify Massa and the RBs were on the hard tire??? Both Webber and Vettel looked like they were on the hard tire or am I wrong? Maybe we have some kind of tactic worth mentioning here.

Great session apart from Hamilton being ridiculously faster than everyone else. Webber and Raikonnen set the exact same time lol.

That is an awesome last sector from Webber. He was half a second down and managed to pull out only 2 tenths slower than Hamilton's lap.

What we really have to look out for is Vettel though. That strategy of using the harder tyre in the start of the race when the cars are heavy is VERY clever. Like I said, never EVER underestimate the wits in Red Bull. I am very curious as to see how this strategy plays out because on paper, it's pretty flawless.

Expecting Hamilton to fuck up the start however and battle it out later in the race with Button. (That is assuming RBR and their sneaky ways don't come out of nowhere).

High five britishcolumbian for staying up! Will I be seeing you at the 5am races later this season? :p

Wow Hamilton... so much faster than anyone else. Alonso apparently had a KERS problem and still managed to out qualify Massa and the RBs were on the hard tire??? Both Webber and Vettel looked like they were on the hard tire or am I wrong? Maybe we have some kind of tactic worth mentioning here.

I think it was just Vettel on the hard tyres, not Webber.

Alonso will get third, if everyone else before him crashes.

Fixed that for you :p

Seriously, though: He will probably gain some places but look at it soberly. 9th place in qualifying despite the undisputable brilliant driving skills of a Fernando Alonso = That car is crap.

I think it was just Vettel on the hard tyres, not Webber.

Yes, only Vettel on the hard tyre and he said in an interview afterwards that it wasn't a tactical choice for the race but he just felt like he could go quicker on that tyre (which he did) and the fact that it might help in the race was just an added bonus.

Should be a very interesting race, top 3 covered by less than 2 tenths, Mark looking quick too. Shame about Kimi's penalty but hopefully he can get a good start and get ahead of Alonso etc. and back into the top 5/6. Just looking at F1.com, it turns out Kimi and Mark had identical Q3 fastest times (1:36.461), Kimi even said that he made a few mistakes on that lap so the Lotus has clearly got good pace.

:( I'll wait for the race, but it's looks bad..

Michael Schumacher though...fuck yeah :D My hero is poking around the top :D

Seriously, though: He will probably gain some places but look at it soberly. 9th place in qualifying despite the undisputable brilliant driving skills of a Fernando Alonso = That car is crap.

Are you watching the same seasons I do? Cos if we saw anything in the past is that there are cars that are brilliant on one lap showdowns and crap at race pace and vice versa. I don't know why people put so much importance on qualifying anymore.

If I remember correctly, Ferrari sucks at both recently.

Are you watching the same seasons I do? Cos if we saw anything in the past is that there are cars that are brilliant on one lap showdowns and crap at race pace and vice versa. I don't know why people put so much importance on qualifying anymore.

lol

See Below

+1

I won't feed the troll but whatever, keep going.

Agreed.

Excellent quali.

Speed Channel last week...

:roflmao:

Last edited:
ecTNS.jpg

Nice to see that it's not always that serious in F1

Yes, only with Ferrari fans you can get accused of trolling, when you state the obvious or everyone else :)