2012 Formula 1 Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix

And now, queue the accusations that Ferrari threatened Perez into not challenging Alonso.

It's already happening on F1 Fanatic. I bet its also happening at the Autosport forums but the servers are so busy I can't view the forum.

Facts are, Ferrari didn't win the race, Sauber lost it. Both drivers put in a stunning drive and although a lot of people on other forums are saying Perez deserved to win the race, I think Fernando deserved to win to. He didn't just inherit the race win, he put in an amazing drive. It's clear though Fernando was well aware this win was very lucky and will most certainly not be a sign of things to come in the near future.

Last edited:
You should get your adrenaline down, before you reply :p

I know you don't give a damn but inside you know, that I am right. Not Ferrari saved the day, Alonso did. Alonso is probably the most brilliant driver at the moment in F1. And you should maybe consider the possibility, that he might want to become world champion for a 3rd time and that with Ferrari at the moment the chances for that are practically zero.

Just as they were almost zero in 2010 and he was leading the championship unhappily losing it at the last race?
Please, if you hate Ferrari, just say so, but you can't make these arguments. It's just lame and uncalled for.
Yes the car is under developed right now and I've said so several times, you just choose to ignore it and use your tunnel vision towards finding arguments to justify your stupid belief that we are brainwashed Ferrari fans.
Nobody called Schumacher a traitor when he came back with Mercedes and in fact many of us root for him still. Too bad a world championship winning car under huge Mercedes "AMG" funding became such shit.

Also here are your so called italian headlines: Miracle in Sepang, Ferrari wins with Alonso, P?rez is second
Alonso wins Malaysia GP
F1, a triumph for Alonso, in Sepang Ferrari is a dream
And no I didn't hand pick these headlines, they were literally the first 3 random newspapers I checked.

Maybe you're the one who should get his adrenaline down with the gratuitous disliking of anyone who just happens to support a red italian team.

Last edited:
That was a great race! So many battles throughout the field. Very good drive by Alonso and even better by Perez. I was hoping there for long fight between these two, but it was entertaining nevertheless. Also I think Lewis know that Ferrari isn't that good so his second place in the championship is promising. That's why everyone on the podium was happy.

Alonso also was lucky -- and he was nearly beaten by a Sauber.

Nearly. All others were beaten. Stop hating and enjoy a good race. (all of you)

And...

:D

What a brilliant race! :clap:

As much as I dislike him I have to take my hat off to Alonso, he really earned that win, although had Perez not made that little mistake it would have been his win. Great race by Sergio though, very well deserved result. Nice drive by Mark and Kimi too, kept cool heads to get some solid points, especially for Kimi as he just said on Sky that he'd never driven on these Inters before! Also good results for Force India and Williams, showed some decent performance and picked up some good points.

It seems the Mercedes really doesn't work in the wet and Massa just doesn't work at all any more.

Also, has Narain Karthekiyan developed an invisibility cloak? Both Button and Vettel just plain drove into his car.

Last edited:
Just as they were almost zero in 2010 and he was leading the championship unhappily losing it at the last race?
Please, if you hate Ferrari, just say so, but you can't make these arguments. It's just lame and uncalled for.
Yes the car is under developed right now and I've said so several times, you just choose to ignore it and use your tunnel vision towards finding arguments to justify your stupid belief that we are brainwashed Ferrari fans.
Nobody called Schumacher a traitor when he came back with Mercedes and in fact many of us root for him still. Too bad a world championship winning car under huge Mercedes "AMG" funding became such shit.

Also here are your so called italian headlines: Miracle in Sepang, Ferrari wins with Alonso, P?rez is second
Alonso wins Malaysia GP
F1, a triumph for Alonso, in Sepang Ferrari is a dream
And no I didn't hand pick these headlines, they were literally the first 3 random newspapers I checked.

Maybe you're the one who should get his adrenaline down with the gratuitous disliking of anyone who just happens to support a red italian team.

In contrast to you, I have no favourite team. I consider myself neutral. Maybe you should consider that, too, and maybe read all of my post, before you click on reply.

Stop hating and enjoy a good race. (all of you)

I don't think in terms of love and hate, when it comes to something as trivial as motorsports.

Last edited:
Oh boy you guys should check out the Autosport forums. Some crazy conspiracy accusations. MacGuffin, you're just feeding the troll.

By the way you want stupid ass fanboys? Go to http://www.formula1.com/ and check the daily poll.
Which of the podium finishers impressed you most with their race performance in Malaysia?
Fernando Alonso
38.85%
Sergio Perez
43.95%
Lewis Hamilton
17.2%

I voted P?rez. And 17% for Lewis Hamilton? There you have your stupid mindless fanboys.

In contrast to you, I have no favourite team. I consider myself neutral. Maybe you should consider that, too, and maybe read all of my post, before you click on reply.

You mean you're not actively rooting for any of the teams, but you're definitely not neutral. You clearly hope Ferrari does badly and have a bunch of bullshit prejudices against Italians, that's for sure. Keep on giving us your wisdom and tolerance please.

Last edited:
Perez did really well to get P2. At the end of the day, the better driver and team won as Ferrari chose to pit Alonso one lap earlier (at the right time), and Alonso didn't make a mistake and run wide.

But did the better car win? Definately not.

Last edited:
Oh boy you guys should check out the Autosport forums. Some crazy conspiracy accusations. MacGuffin, you're just feeding the troll.

Yes, when you allow yourself being drawn into discussions with fanboys in general, you end up believing you entered an alternate reality.

I think fanboyism should be officially recognized as a religion :D Only too bad they all pray to different gods.

Last edited:
Apparently Vettel ignored the orders to come in saying it would be honorable to see the checkered flag (Source: Autosport forums). IMO very unsportsmanlike of Red Bull to try and exploit a gearbox loophole. Respect for Vettel if it's true :)

I get BBC Coverage in Canada and I was a bit annoyed at how in many cases the cameras weren't focusing on what DC was commentating about :(

Last edited:
It seems to be true.

I don't think in terms of love and hate, when it comes to something as trivial as motorsports.

That's as German as you can get.

Damn.

By the way you want stupid ass fanboys? Go to http://www.formula1.com/ and check the daily poll.
Which of the podium finishers impressed you most with their race performance in Malaysia?
Fernando Alonso
38.85%
Sergio Perez
43.95%
Lewis Hamilton
17.2%

I voted P?rez. And 17% for Lewis Hamilton? There you have your stupid mindless fanboys.

You mean you're not actively rooting for any of the teams, but you're definitely not neutral. You clearly hope Ferrari does badly and have a bunch of bullshit prejudices against Italians, that's for sure. Keep on giving us your wisdom and tolerance please.

The 39% for Alonso are arguably also mindless fanboys. It was an excellent drive, but nowhere near as impressive as Perez.

The 39% for Alonso are arguably also mindless fanboys. It was an excellent drive, but nowhere near as impressive as Perez.

It seems to me that the general consensus is that the Ferrari is not a very good car, so why can't someone be impressed by Alonso bringing it to a win?
You can argue that many non-Ferrari supporters would vote for Alonso, but you can't justify in a million years any vote for Hamilton.

It seems to me that the general consensus is that the Ferrari is not a very good car, so why can't someone be impressed by Alonso bringing it to a win?
You can argue that many non-Ferrari supporters would vote for Alonso, but you can't justify in a million years any vote for Hamilton.
The only non-Ferrari supporters that would vote for Alonso are the idiots who always automatically consider the winner to be the most impressive.
Also, remember when you tried to claim that the Sauber wasn't a better car last week?

Disagree. Alonso didn't lose it on a kerb now did he? I think he got the absolute maximum out of that car and looked to have driven pretty much a flawless race. Perez looked impressive for sure, but the Sauber is so much better on it's tyres and seems quicker as well. Alonso was my driver of the day.