2012 Formula 1 Qantas Australian Grand Prix

1: Podium?
Button, Vettel, Rosberg.
2: Who will be the biggest surprise team of the midfield?
Mercedes not being in the midfield would be a big surprise...
3: How will Raikkonen, Grosjean, Hulkenberg, Vergne and Pic perform
Moderately well. (A typically Raikkonen length answer.)

1.Ham,Vet,But
Williams
3: How will Raikkonen, Grosjean, Hulkenberg, Vergne and Pic perform?
Raikkonen will be up fight around 5-8 Grosjean won't be too far behind, Hulk and Vergne 10>16, Pic unfortunately at the back likely behind Glock and the Caterham's.

3: How will Raikkonen, Grosjean, Hulkenberg, Vergne and Pic perform?

1. Button, Kimi, Schumi
2. Force India
3. Raikkonen - very well. Grosjean - well. Hulkenberg - Excellent. Vergne & co. - mediocre.

Still hard to say what the order is going into qualifying, Red Bull and McLaren both look good and Mercedes seem right up there as well. The McLarens look planted and stable, the Mercedes looks a bit more flighty but seems quick. Ferrari look hopeless, the car looks terrible on track and both drivers are struggling with it.

Wow, Raikkonen is out!

EDIT: David Croft is really, really annoying with his shouting commentary

Last edited:
I like Crofty, I've always enjoyed his practice commentary almost musings with Ant D.

Alonso has spun off and is out of qualifying. He's currently 4th so it depends who can beat him as to where he starts tomorrow.

I don't know, maybe my volume is too high, but he just keeps going on and on. Reminds me of that previous guy before DC

Fanfuckingtastic! Great stuff from Button and Hamilton! And the even better news is that Red Bull and Vettel dont have that magic lap package in their arsenal. Looking forward to the race tomorrow should be very close.

Thank fuck for McLaren. If I had to take another year of RBR domination, I would have abandoned the sport altogether.

Finally Red Bull aren't ridiculously fast! YAY! Seems like we might have some racing this season. Mercedes looked very strong all along but Roseberg made a mistake in both his final laps and lost some time But Grosjean! Where'd he come from??? After Kimi couldn't manage to get into Q2 for Roman to get 3rd was a very big surprise to me.

Loved the session, was a lot of fun, and here's hoping Mclaren aren't too fast so we can have some racing this season.

BTW Is it weird that I'm not surprised at Ferrari sucking?

Even with those times, I would NOT underestimate RBR. Newey is just too fucking clever to stay in 5/6.

What a lap by Grosjean though; no clue who this french guy is but that was some brilliant stuff. And here I thought he would be Raikkonen's Massa....still want to punch the guy that messed up the timing on his lap though. Pretty dumb mistake.

Someone make a gif of Alonso's snap oversteer, that was fun to watch.

I don't know, maybe my volume is too high, but he just keeps going on and on. Reminds me of that previous guy before DC
Yeah, but he is actually being enthusiastic as opposed to just yelling about drivers positions in relation to gradient change.

Great job by McLaren and Mercedes. Meh for Red Bull but then again, the real aerodynamical challenge will come in Kuala Lumpur. Let's see what the race brings tomorrow. And the season is long.

But Ferrari is totally, completely, absolutely fucked. Time to set the flag on half mast in Maranello.

What a lap by Grosjean though; no clue who this french guy is but that was some brilliant stuff. And here I thought he would be Raikkonen's Massa....still want to punch the guy that messed up the timing on his lap though. Pretty dumb mistake.

Grosjean is the guy they got to replace Piquet Jr in 2009. :p And for the half of the season that he did, he looked just as hopeless. He took the long way round back into F1, going through GT1, one attempt at Le Mans, AutoGP and winning the title in GP2 last year, just to prove to whoever was prepared to listen that he wasn't that hopeless. And I guess he proved his worth with this quali session already.

I wouldn't say thank fuck for McLaren. I may be a Red Bull and Vettel fan but I would prefer this season to have more competition.

My thoughts exactly. Hamilton turned in a tremendous lap, but I hope McLaren won't be as dominant in the actual race. Still, even if McLaren ends up dominating, everyone else seems to be so close that it's pretty much bound to be an entertaining season.