2012 Formula 1 Qantas Australian Grand Prix

My reaction to Ferrari = :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done Maca even though I'd rather see Button on pole.

So what exactly is Ferrari doing wrong?

Entertaining qualifying session, looking forward to the race. Obviously would have liked to see Kimi do better, but still very happy for a McLaren 1st row for tomorrow's race.

Lotus appear to have some serious pace, Grosjean drove brilliantly today. I hope they can keep this up for the rest of the season.

So what exactly is Ferrari doing wrong?

It looks like the new car simply isn't good enough. And if you look at the gap, it is questionable or even impossible for them to catch up this season. I'm guessing they start developing the 2013 car very soon -- if they not all get fired, that is :p

On another note and probably only annoying for German RTL watchers: Somebody please tell Heiko Wa?er, how to spell "Caterham" right. He is always saying "Ketterham".

tumblr_m11c2aAGLL1r8kneko1_500.jpg

Celebrating P6 :p

Hilarious someone rep fairlady for me!

I hope ferrari get their shit together, hating Red Bull isnt as fun as hating Ferrari!

Grosjean came out of nowhere. I love seeing new faces up top, especially in previously uncompetitive cars. This also gives hope for Kimi. If he hadn't mucked up the one corner of his last lap, he probably would have moved on. Either way, I expect to see him good a good performance during the race.

And thank fuck this won't be Red Bull domination.

The best thing about this result is that McLaren are the only team with a nice looking car with no platypus nose - if they beat everyone else, they'll all ditch the door-step and copy McLaren's low and smooth front. Even if you're a Red Bull or Ferrari fan, that's a win.

A lot of assumption here, even before the first race has started...

The best thing about this result is that McLaren are the only team with a nice looking car with no platypus nose - if they beat everyone else, they'll all ditch the door-step and copy McLaren's low and smooth front. Even if you're a Red Bull or Ferrari fan, that's a win.

The nose is only a tiny part of the whole equation. One of the head Lotus engineers said "there are several ways so skin a cat". High or low nose? Both concepts clearly work, so it's up to each team to develop their own ideas around it.

Well I guess I won't try to stay up until 1am and go to a bar to watch this.

Personally, I think their choice to go with a pull-rod front suspension was a mistake. They tried some fancy suspension geometry, and it's biting them in the ass.

It was about time they tried SOMETHING... after last year. Like them or not, Alonso and Massa have the talent (at least it shows in Alonso) to win championships, so there's nothing to blame but the car and the rest of the team, it's time to get moving.