Circuit

Circuit_Albert_Park.png

Melbourne, Australia
Race Date:18 Mar 2012
Circuit Name:Albert Park
Number of Laps:58
Circuit Length:5.303 km
Race Distance:307.574 km
Lap Record:1:24.125 - M Schumacher (2004)

Weather
Friday: Rain
Saturday: Cloudy
Sunday: Sunny

Pole Lap

And we're back for another season for F1! How will 2012 play out, this will be the best sighter of them all..

Obligatory questions:

1: Podium?
2: Who will be the biggest surprise team of the midfield?
3: How will Raikkonen, Grosjean, Hulkenberg, Vergne and Pic perform?

Last edited:
I'll be there for this one. :mrgreen:

Me too, can't effing wait. Going to the Lotus Renault team launch tomorrow night as well so should get to meet Kimi and Bruno Senna. Woop! 'Tis going to be a good weekend.

1. Vettel, Hamilton, Alonso - not necessarily in that order.
2. Assuming we are talking about last year's midfield, I think Lotus Renault.
3. All no problem except for Pic, who I couldn't give two shits about.

Get your shit together quickly, Bernie already made some comments about scrapping Australia

Button,Vettel, Webber
Sauber although they were fast in prior preseason(s), but they were running underweight.
4th,6th,9th,13th,18th.

Sauber ALWAYS runs underweight to try to get some sponsors. And if Bernie takes away Australia I'll shove my PC up his bumhole. Though, actually, I like to watch from home. There's creature comforts available, and you can actually watch the entire race.

Sauber ALWAYS runs underweight to try to get some sponsors. And if Bernie takes away Australia I'll shove my PC up his bumhole. Though, actually, I like to watch from home. There's creature comforts available, and you can actually watch the entire race.

Normally I would agree but Sauber ran a very impressive race sim at one point. You can't really be underweight for a race sim. They don't have that much ballast on them.
I'm not sure of the value of trying to gain sponsors like that anyway. Brawn won the championship in 2009 and still had very few sponsors on the car by the end of the season.

1: Podium? Button, Vettel, Hamilton
2: Who will be the biggest surprise team of the midfield? Sauber, best developed exhaust system of the midfield teams

Well, hmm that's true. I do like the Sauber exhaust idea. Very interesting!

1: Shumacher, Vettel, Hamilton.
2: Force India.
3: Raikkonen - points, Grosjean-DNF, Hulkenberg -DNF, Vergne-DNF, Pic -DNF

1) RB 1-2, Vettel winning, crapshoot for 3rd between Alonso and the McLaren boys.
2) Force India.
3) Raikkonen and Grosjean fighting for 6th-7th, Hulkenberg scraping a point, Vergne DNF (crash), Pic DNQ (and neither Marussia nor HRT will make the 107%).

Last edited:
I'm going to the race Friday, Saturday & Sunday, I think the weather for Friday is 23c with early morning showers, Saturday will be 23c sunny and Sunday 22c sunny but anything is possible with Melbourne's weather.

Podium: Vettel, Button and Alonso :)

I hope kimmi does well in the race

Just got home from Lotus/Renault 2012 season launch. Kimi was hilariously nonchalant about the fact that he is an F1 driver again. "Everything is same, some people wear different colours but car is same, much better than a rally car"

No-one seemed to be able to explain to me about how that team works. I'm not even sure that they know themselves, but for all intents and purposes it's Lotus F1. Not sure if they are going to be exactly the same as last year or a bit of a dark horse. Hopefully the latter as I think everyone wants to see Kimi do well.

1. Podium will be Vettel in first, Lewis in second and Button in third (depends upon the weather and the 2012 car though - so too soon to say really - Ferrari?).
2. I think Williams will be the biggest surprise in the midfield. Their turn.
3. Too early to say, none of them will not be in the first 6, that is for sure.

Just got home from Lotus/Renault 2012 season launch. Kimi was hilariously nonchalant about the fact that he is an F1 driver again. "Everything is same, some people wear different colours but car is same, much better than a rally car"

No-one seemed to be able to explain to me about how that team works. I'm not even sure that they know themselves, but for all intents and purposes it's Lotus F1. Not sure if they are going to be exactly the same as last year or a bit of a dark horse. Hopefully the latter as I think everyone wants to see Kimi do well.
At the Top Gear episode interview, it was said that the original Lotus is purely a sponsor. And it's still Renault F1.

1: Podium? Vettel, Button, Webber
2: Who will be the biggest surprise team of the midfield? Saube
Raikonnen and Hulkenberg somewhere in the middle, everyone else is a DNF

Oh yeah and I'm going to Friday practice. :D

Honestly, i dont think a red bull will be there but we shall see. Im gonna say that either HAM or BUT at the very least along with one of those red cars and a Mercedes

no surprise, Catherham with finally be in the points

Kimi sould do decent, im gonna say around 8th, Hulk will finish Mid but have a strong showing but the other 2, i have no idea.