3 Lotus-Renault - 126
4 Ferrari - 122
5 Mercedes - 92

Track Layout:

800px-Silverstone_Circuit_2010_version.png

Sebastian Vettel's Pole Winning Lap 2010 (Red Bull):

Last Time (2011):

Pole position: Mark Webber - Red Bull-Renault - 1:30.399
Fastest lap: Fernando Alonso - Ferrari - 1:34.908 (lap 41)

Podium:
First: Fernando Alonso - Ferrari
Second: Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull
Third: Mark Webber - Red Bull

Weather Forecast:

Silverstone Circuit, UK

Questions for consideration:

1. Pole / podium predictions?
2. It's always a very special goal for a team to win their home GP. With most teams originating from Britain, among them McLaren, Lotus and Red Bull, you can be sure that they'll all be gunning hard for a victory here. Will a home team take the victory?
3. Ferrari has turned their car around this season along with some brilliant drives from Alonso. With his win last year here at Silverstone and his win two weeks ago in Spain, he has become the favorite for this weekend among the analysts. Will he be on the top step again here?
4. Of all the drivers who have yet to win a race this season, which one stands out to you as the most capable underdog right now?

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently I can't reply to my own thread without it doing a stupid update.

Ferraris do not have the best equipment and great driving and a smart strategy will not be enough to win in England. I think it will be a McMerc driver.

1. Pole / podium predictions?
Pole-Vettel. Podium-Ham,Alo,Vet

2. It's always a very special goal for a team to win their home GP. With most teams originating from Britain, among them McLaren, Lotus and Red Bull, you can be sure that they'll all be gunning hard for a victory here. Will a home team take the victory?
It's very possible, they will get a lot of support but it wouldn't be any different to any other race in terms of effort.

3. Ferrari has turned their car around this season along with some brilliant drives from Alonso. With his win last year here at Silverstone and his win two weeks ago in Spain, he has become the favorite for this weekend among the analysts. Will he be on the top step again here?
Yeah but the Mclarens suite this track as much as the Ferrari's and the Red Bulls are just reeeaally fast it just depends on how much the crappy weather (really crappy trust me there's been about 5 mini monsoons during the week were I am and floods elsewhere.) effects their pace.

4. Of all the drivers who have yet to win a race this season, which one stands out to you as the most capable underdog right now?
Grosjean.

Last edited:
I've got tickets to Farm Curve on Sunday. My first GP. :w00t:

Is anyone else here planning on going? I can't seem to convince any of my coworkers to come along and I don't want to go there forever Alonso.

I'm not rooting for him, but I'm thinking Vettel will take this one. His pace at Valencia was incredible, and if he hadn't lost his engine, I think it would most definitely have been his win. I expect we'll see that again this race.

Is it strange that the thing I'm most excited for in this race are the camera on wires? Those things are sooo cool!

I've got tickets to Farm Curve on Sunday. My first GP. :w00t:

Get there early, no that is not early enough - I am not joking. ...

I'm watching FP2 on Sky right now and they're talking about that. Apparently the car parks are already a complete nightmare; 80,000 spectators today and pretty much all the spaces in the car parks and fields (which are becoming very muddy) are full with people still queuing to get in.

If you want to get in and get a decent parking space (if you're driving) you're going to need to get there well before 7am. And even then you're probably still going to be there all night trying to get out again! :lol:

If you want to get in and get a decent parking space (if you're driving) you're going to need to get there well before 7am. And even then you're probably still going to be there all night trying to get out again! :lol:

last sunday i went to rock werchter, took 1.5hours to get off the parking
i was home at 4.30!
it was a zombie day at work monday :lol:

Better to just camp out outside... I love camping, so everyone else must too!

I just read on Twitter that 20,000 ticket holders have been asked to stay at home tomorrow to ease the traffic/car park pandemonium.

facepalm_picard_riker.jpg

I thought we'd seen the end of this sort of thing a few years ago! Of course it doesn't help that we've had months worth of rain in just a couple of days.