• Jenson Button - McLaren-Mercedes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sergio Perez - Sauber-Ferrari

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Pastor Maldonado - Williams-Renault

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, they're offering refunds to those advised not to attend. According to the circuit's traffic coordinator, everyone in the department's frustrated after all the money they've invested into traffic management. The only obvious solution to this problem is to tarmac all the fields (which they can't).

If you want to get in and get a decent parking space (if you're driving) you're going to need to get there well before 7am. And even then you're probably still going to be there all night trying to get out again! :lol:

I'm on Park & Ride, so hopefully getting there shouldn't be too bad. Fingers crossed. :unsure:

Shuttle buses could have worked. Building proper parking spaces would be the best solution, hoping for a dry weekend is not a good strategy in a british summer.

I went in '98. It pissed down but it was the first wet British GP for 10 years. It's normally a dry race.

To build dry (concreted or tarmaced) parking for that number of cars (over 300,000 attendees) that would be fully used a couple of times a year simply isn't financially viable. It's akin to those who complain that we can't cope with snow when the rest of Europe manages fine but forget that the rest of Europe gets deep lasting snow and can justify spending the money on the equipment.

It's more like 125000 seats, it was 90000 last year. They asked 30000 people to stay away, so parking needs to be sorted for those.

Qualifying seems rather good until now. :)

Red flag. I think that's a disappointing decision. There was a good chance of rain in the session, dont they raise the ride height to compensate for the water? Or they used to. The guys who made the right decision to get out early on the wet tyres have been deprived of their advantage. If a driver doesnt want to drive in the conditions, just pit! Dont go out. The clock will still run down and those who want to go out there can and will.

I don't think it's a setup issue, the current wet weather tyres clearly cannot take that amount of water. The cars were aquaplaning all over the shop. It's not driving, it's just roulette.

Pirelli probably should make something like the 'monsoon' tyres we used to have around 10 years ago, but whether they would solve the issue I don't know.

Still, it's bloody ridiculous that the medical car can keep pounding around the circuit without trouble but the cutting edge F1 cars with the best drivers in the world cannot.

BBC Jake says session to restart at 07 past the hour, 15:07 here.

Good to see Murray again on TV. :bow:

Alonsoooooooooo.

I'll take this top 3 qualy for the race as well, thanks. :thumbsup:

I love the "The Dark Knight Rises" ad on the side of that Lotus. Looks very cool

Epic laps from Alonso and Webber! Definitely a day when experience counts.

Hamilton says that on full wets or full dry he could be quickest but on inters something doesn't feel right because he's 2 seconds a lap slower and "I'm never 2 seconds slower in the rain." :lol:

As for the parking situation, they can't tarmac over all the fields for 2 reasons. 1) Silverstone don't own the fields, they rent them from farmers for the GP weekend and 2) tarmacing over that kind of area could potentially cause all kinds of flooding problems in the local area. The best solutions are going to be more park 'n' ride (although Ted Kravitz spoke to the man in charge and he said that won't work on Friday because the buses are in public use) and a better public tranport infrastructure to encourage people to take the train (maybe courtesey shuttle buses from the nearest station to the track).

Also, to say that they should expect rain is unfair becuase this is real freak weather. We've had months worth of rain in a matter of weeks with no real time for it to dry out inbetween and there has been widespread flooding. Nobody could have expected this!

I'm ecstatic to see Alonso on pole [sarcasm]but he won't win because his car sucks[/sarcasm]. :cool:

Tomorrow will have to be perfect to turn pole into a win, I have the feeling that someone will either make a bad decision (like not switching to inters when they should)...

I'm ecstatic to see Alonso on pole [sarcasm]but he won't win because his car sucks[/sarcasm]. :cool:

Are you going to say that for the entire season? It worked well in the cold conditions in Malaysia, so it's not that surprising that it did well in qualifying.