• Jenson Button - McLaren-Mercedes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sergio Perez - Sauber-Ferrari

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Pastor Maldonado - Williams-Renault

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
See, he wasn't on about just this particular coming together, but everywhere else where Maldonado's done stupid shit to other drivers in other races and gotten almost completely off the hook.
Got a bit heated over this, but I am sitting in the sun.

The rest of the race was good, though. Felipe took me completely by surprise. Emotional times.

Oh for sure he's done stupid shit, he probably should've gotten a ban for his wilful and reckless display in Valencia but I just feel that blaming him entirely for this incident with Perez is short sighted. Accidents happen, there doesnt always have to be a culprit.

It's a silly rule, guy's are just going to stick half a nose in for an overtake that isnt on and expect the guy in front to yield no matter what.

I hope that won't start happening. I guess the point of introducing it is to stop the sort of accidents like Kobayashi-Senna at Valencia or incidents like Hamilton/Alonso-Rosberg at Bahrain, where people are turning in on or moving across aggressively on cars that have got at least a bit of an overlap.

Of course if it does lead to drivers making ridiculous overtake attmpts simply because if there is a crash they can argue "well I had my nose alongside" then it will need rethinking!

Sigh.... the McLaren team and drivers have not a chance in hell of winning this year's championship :(. They squandered their chances when they had a car advantage, Button has no form, and the other teams are now way ahead of McLaren in terms of the development race.

If there is no progress in the Hockenheim update, then it's over, which sucks.

Ok, I am done trying to predict this season. How could the McLarens, which looked so strong in the first few races of the season, be so far off the pace now, AND Ferrari, who looked like a dog's breakfast through the first races now look to be on pace to contend?!

Regardless, congrats to both Webber and Alonso for their brilliant drives. And I don't give a **** who was at fault with Maldonado and Perez: Maldonado has been involved in way too many incidents to be allowed to skate for this. Someone please punch him squarely in the face.

I can't believe they fined Kobayashi. It's not like he ran over another team, it was his own team, and what's the fine supposed to do? Deter him from doing it again? Of course he's not going to run over his own pit crew again for gods sake. He just locked his front wheels and out-braked himself. Total accident. They fined him 25,000 euro, 15,000 more than Maldonado. :?

It's a silly rule, guy's are just going to stick half a nose in for an overtake that isnt on and expect the guy in front to yield no matter what. [/COLOR]

I disagree. I think it's a silly rule that a car can be partially along side you and you can just turn in and side-swipe it and it's the other guy that gets the penalty if anything. Drivers should leave room if there is, or if they think there's a chance that, another car is partially alongside at the turn-in/exit. Seems really fundamental to me.

There must be an open bar in the stewards office when they do the post-race fines and judgments. Either that or a wheel of fortune.

*spin spin spin* Ok lads that's a 10k fine... who's next? Kobayashi? Okk.. *spin*

YEAAAAA WEBBBOOOO!!!!! I "oh shit" quite loudly when he overtook on the outside of Alonso. Seems like whenever the two meet, crazy stuff happens. *coughspa2011cough*

Fine a driver for accidentally hitting his own team.

F1 LOGIC!

Amongst the brilliance of F1 logic is completely shitting on engines "to go green" while making tyres last 1 lap!

I can't wait for Lotus to get a decent qualifying lap/pit crew so they can start winning some races. With Grosjean and Raikkonen showing that their pace is at or near the top nearly every race, they need to just get out front so they can do something with it. The really remarkable thing is just how well the Lotus responds to these tires, seems like only the Saubers can really compete with them as far as degradation goes.

Also Maldonado is terrible, fast enough to get into the middle of the pack but inconsistent/foolish enough to take cars out repeatedly. I don't really know how anyone can defend him; he is consistently getting into these sort of incidents, and he's going to keep getting into them as long as the stewards let him get away with it.

Alonso and who ever is doin the Ferrari strategy are not paid enough - they are consistently getting way better results than you'd expect. Well driven Webbo, see when his car is not shit (i.e. Broken, silly strategy or badly set up) he is a tough cookie to beat.

Please do not join Ferrari next year - you'll get 'Allonsoed', they will put all their resources behind their no1 driver, and that a'int you. ....

Fuck those fucking Pirelli soft compound tires and fuck the FIA rules on requiring drivers to use the option tires. This tire fiasco is such horseshit.

Can't say I was expecting a Webber victory at all here, must say I was pleasantly surprised. Also happy to see Ferrari developing some consistency, even Massa is getting there. Atta boy! :mrgreen:

McLaren though...oh dear oh dear and Maldonado...well I'm not fond of him, that much is true, and the way penalties are handed out is just disgraceful. However, I still think he's got quite a lot of actual talent in there, he can't be 'stupid' or he'd have never gotten a super-license in the first place. He just needs to calm the fuck down and realise he's not in GP2 anymore. Perez wasn't whining, he was angry and probably still boiling with adrenaline, but he has a point. Whoever's looking after Maldonado needs to find a way or find someone to help him with the mental side of things, and his race-craft. At least, find some kind of a compromise solution where he can still be up for the fight and learn through doing, without wrecking his own or anyone else's race. If he doesn't, it's only a matter of time until Williams loses patience with him. His fellow drivers already have. Hmm.

Last edited:
Fuck those fucking Pirelli soft compound tires and fuck the FIA rules on requiring drivers to use the option tires. This tire fiasco is such horseshit.

So you'd rather 2005 regulations for tires? Ok then.

Race was pretty interesting. No dry running for the whole weekend made it a bit of a lottery. I honestly thought Alonso would walk it home, but then no fight back. Guess he just had bad balance on the softs.

Maldonardo. Oh dear again? To be fair, he did everything right, except the car had a wobble mid corner. Had that not have happened he'd of been fine. But he contradicted his arguments. In his interview he said that Hamilton gave him no room on the outside. Which is exactly what he was trying to do to Perez, except this time, the corner was his? Make your mind up kid. Don't think the reprimand and fine really matters in this incident. He just got deep and lost the back and caused an accident. Really a drive through was better suited to this incident. But stewards fail yet again.

Happy to see Mark win again.

And also good to see Massa getting a good result at last. Best since what? 2010? Still can't see him driving for Ferrari next year.

Bit disappointed with Lewis and Button. Lewis just had no pace and I think bad strategy. Button again, no pace. I think he is to clean and not aggressive enough. But those midfield teams are tight and close to the top now.

On to Germany.

Last edited:
Can't say I was expecting a Webber victory at all here, must say I was pleasantly surprised. Also happy to see Ferrari developing some consistency, even Massa is getting there. Atta boy! :mrgreen:

McLaren though...oh dear oh dear and Maldonado...well I'm not fond of him, that much is true, and the way penalties are handed out is just disgraceful. However, I still think he's got quite a lot of actual talent in there, he can't be 'stupid' or he'd have never gotten a super-license in the first place. He just needs to calm the fuck down and realise he's not in GP2 anymore. Perez wasn't whining, he was angry and probably still boiling with adrenaline, but he has a point. Whoever's looking after Maldonado needs to find a way or find someone to help him with the mental side of things, and his race-craft. At least, find some kind of a compromise solution where he can still be up for the fight and learn through doing, without wrecking his own or anyone else's race. If he doesn't, it's only a matter of time until Williams loses patience with him. His fellow drivers already have. Hmm.

Williams wont lose patience with him while he brings in bucket loads of Venezuelan oil money! But it begs the question though, just who was driving that car in Barcelona in one of the finest drives I've ever seen? The ghost of Senna wearing a Maldonado mask?

Besides, I thought Alex Wurz was employed as a mentor driver for Williams?

Pininfarina said:
YEAAAAA WEBBBOOOO!!!!! I "oh shit" quite loudly when he overtook on the outside of Alonso. Seems like whenever the two meet, crazy stuff happens. *coughspa2011cough*

Spa 2011 wasnt exactly crazy. It's two top calibre drivers racing and giving each other the respect and room they deserve, and no more. You wouldn't pull that stuff on a Maldonado or a Kobayashi.

Cellos said:
Fuck those fucking Pirelli soft compound tires and fuck the FIA rules on requiring drivers to use the option tires. This tire fiasco is such prancing horseshit.

Forgot who said it, but Maldonado does remind me of Montoya, but more of like a beta version. Speed certainly is there, but he needs to be force fed some chill pills. :D

Penalties wise, Kobayashi got shafted, the amount fined should be switched between him and Maldonado.

As for the race, damn, that's a good Silverstone GP, but I felt shortchanged as the Valencia race was just too epic.