• Jenson Button - McLaren-Mercedes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sergio Perez - Sauber-Ferrari

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Pastor Maldonado - Williams-Renault

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As an Alonso fan, I am very happy to seem him on pole. But for some reason I just don't think he will win the race since anything can and will happen in these conditions and with these tires. It will be incredibly unpredictable. My bet is on Vettel, Webber, or Hamilton.

I don't even have to say it, do I? :clarkson:

Fuck yeah, Schumacher.

I'm ecstatic to see Alonso on pole [sarcasm]but he won't win because his car sucks[/sarcasm]. :cool:
Alonso and Domenicali themselves say the car is not where it should be. And that's not even starting about EJ.

Weather here is raining steadily, moderately to heavy and has been for the last three or more hours.

(Am about 70 miles south of Silverstone.)

Tomorrow will have to be perfect to turn pole into a win, I have the feeling that someone will either make a bad decision (like not switching to inters when they should)...

It'll be a bit of a lottery if the conditions are changeable. The Ferrari seems to work very well on the inters while it looks like Hamilton and the Saubers are stronger on the full wets.

I'd like to see a Schumacher victory, a good old fashioned romping off into the distance. I would've hated that 10 years ago, but it'd be nice to see now maybe! :p

I'm hoping for Spain 1996!! Even though I'm an Alonso fan, would be cool to again see why the call Schumacher the rain master.

Last edited:
They need some clarity on what constitutes "slowing down" for a yellow flag. Button slowed down for it in Q1 and went out as a result but Maldonado (I think it was) blasts through at the end of Q2 and nothing is done about it. They seem to have this stupid measure that there is no problem if you don't set your fastest time. If they are going to bother with yellow flags at all then you should have to clearly slow down for them, not just ease the throttle for 0.0001 seconds. Hamilton appeared to get away with the same at the last race as well.

Yeah he crowded Raikkonen off the track earlier in the race too - something he done twice at Valencia. He needs a wake-up call. And I don't mean another evidently ineffectual 5 place penalty.

Seeing Alonso and Hamilton racing wheel to wheel is awesome. The level of respect is equal to the level of rivalry.

Perez is talking absolute sense about Maldonado in his interview...

Last edited:
Why is Button being so useless again?

Why is Button being so useless again?

I don't think he is. There are 8 teams which are actually quite similar on pace, with only really the Torro Rossos and the "new" teams being noticeably slower. If you end up behind a load of cars you're buggered.

Both Hamilton and Grojean passed him as if he were stopped. For the entire race he has been stuck behind Bruno Senna.

Both Hamilton and Grojean passed him as if he were stopped. For the entire race he has been stuck behind Bruno Senna.

Point being? Hamilton & Grosjean passed him when they were on different strategies with completely different wear on their tyres. I've seen nothing to suggest that Button has had a worse race than Hamilton.

Point being? Hamilton & Grosjean passed him when they were on different strategies with completely different wear on their tyres. I've seen nothing to suggest that Button has had a worse race than Hamilton.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Hamilton fan. He is still my favorite. But I maintain that this was a lackluster race for him. The fact that he started so far back should have given the team the opportunity to try an aggressive strategy, but they didn't.

Well done Webber. Looks like the championship is between the Red Bulls, Alonso and maybe Hamilton.

FFFFFFFfffffffffffffff-

I hate being right ... Totally stupid call to start on the harder tyres and save the weaker tyre for the end. :glare:

Second place is still good, but damn it all. Not happy at all. The only exception being Massa's best result of the season

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Hamilton fan. He is still my favorite. But I maintain that this was a lackluster race for him. The fact that he started so far back should have given the team the opportunity to try an aggressive strategy, but they didn't.

What does that have to do with his performance? Hamilton started 8th and finished 8th, Button started 16th and finished 10th only about 8 seconds behind Lewis. If anything they both had poor races but there is certainly nothing I saw to suggest that Button was worse than Hamilton.