2012 Formula 1 Season Thread

How reliable is this? And does Webber really want Ferrari? Seems like a bad place to be at the moment.

Ferrari seemed a bad place to be in 1996 and look what happened... Never underestimate the prancing horse, NEVER

I don't think Webber will be particularly happy with Ferrari...

Then he can opt out of F1 and not race. Between not racing and racing for Ferrari, I'd pick the latter. Furthermore, has any driver turned down a Ferrari contract?

Then he can opt out of F1 and not race. Between not racing and racing for Ferrari, I'd pick the latter. Furthermore, has any driver turned down a Ferrari contract?

Kimi kind of did :D. Fisichella should have, that would have given him a shot of winning a race.

Kimi kind of did :D. Fisichella should have, that would have given him a shot of winning a race.

The whole Kimi situation is what I was thinking of. Kimi and Ferrari obviously weren't a good match, and I doubt it will be any different with Webber.

john surtees :p

The whole Kimi situation is what I was thinking of. Kimi and Ferrari obviously weren't a good match, and I doubt it will be any different with Webber.

Right, they only just won a championship together...

john surtees :p

Quitting and turning down a contract are two different things...

Last edited:
Tickets are not going on sale until June 17, but I'm wondering what price range should we expect for the US Grand Prix in Austin.

Anybody care to hazard a guess? If there are tickets under $100 I might consider going.

Tickets are not going on sale until June 17, but I'm wondering what price range should we expect for the US Grand Prix in Austin.

Anybody care to hazard a guess? If there are tickets under $100 I might consider going.

knowing that a general admission ticket for the belgian grand prix is 180?, and knowing their hostingfee is "only" ?40milj, i suspect the austin gp might be more expensive than $100

NASCAR tickets generally start around $60.

Not that this is any indication, but if they want to be "competitive" and draw a substantial audience, I think they need to consider this.

How much were the tickets back when it was at Indy?

knowing that a general admission ticket for the belgian grand prix is 180?, and knowing their hostingfee is "only" ?40milj, i suspect the austin gp might be more expensive than $100

It is ?120 plus 16 for a parking space, so a bit less than you were thinking.
How much were the tickets back when it was at Indy?
They had 185000 seats, I don't think there will that many seats in Texas, so prices should be higher. The tickets were the cheapest of the season as far as I remember.

They're raping people (pardon my word choice) for PSLs right now. I'm talking over $3,000 for a basic one and over $5,000 for a good one. And I'm sure most of the grandstand seats will be gone by the time general admission opens up. Consider your chances of getting a grandstand seat next to nothing unless you want to pay Super Bowl prices or more.

When the other sections open up, I expect tickets between $300-500 for decent seat. You can probably get some of the really lame seats for less, let's say $120-200.

I plan to go with a few friends. We were gunning for Turn One seats, but obviously we're waiting to see what the prices are going to be. If it's on the $300 side, we'll do it, but if it's $500 we're not getting anywhere near it. We'll do New Jersey next year instead. You have to also remember that hotels in the Austin area are going for like $400/night for a remotely decent one and since there are apparently a ton of things going on in Austin that weekend most are already booked up. It's going to be an expensive trip for sure..

Last edited:
my guess is the tickets will cost about the same as the Canadian GP

You have to also remember that hotels in the Austin area are going for like $400/night for a remotely decent one and since there are apparently a ton of things going on in Austin that weekend most are already booked up. It's going to be an expensive trip for sure..

if you order the ticket and hotel via the F1 website you will be able to get the hotel for cheaper than that.

Last edited:
Is this what you wanted here bone?

578727753.png

Firefox > Right click on image and select "copy image location"

Last edited:
yes! how did you do it? how/where did you find that URL?