2012 Formula 1 Season Thread

^no, there still can't be no overtaking, there still is the minimum time they have to set over a lap, and it gives the backmarkers a chance to cruise to the back of the queue slowly, save some fuel, and have another go at overtaking whoever is running in front of them

and the top dogs won't be hindered by lapped cars

2012 F1 season, with MC Laren :lmao:

12.8.4 Wheel guns can only run on Air or Nitrogen, not Helium

why would they use nitrogen or helium? what makes it better than air?

why would they use nitrogen or helium? what makes it better than air?

Not sure about helium, but (I believe) nitrogen is less affected by temperature than regular "air", so you'd get more consistent & optimised performance from the wheel guns regardless of the environment. All very silly really, but then this is F1...

Oh, that's why tyre places charge extra to fill your tyres with Nitrogen (i.e. more stable tyre pressures as the tyres warm up) - it's a total scam, expecially considering the air we breathe is around 80% nitrogen. But hey, you get fancy coloured valve caps!

Last edited:
Not the wheel guns, but the tyre pressures I think.

And Zesty's right, it sounds cool and high tech :cool:

helium in the tyres? would make the car lighter :lol:
not sure that's the way you want to achieve it though

Troll_guy.png

Oh no terrible news! :lol:
The European Grand Prix at Valencia could drop off the F1 schedule in the future, after the local government confirmed it wants to renegotiate its agreement with F1 boss, Bernie Ecclestone.

Jose Cisco, vice-president of the Generalitat Valenciana, said somewhat paradoxically on Thursday that while the street circuit race is not under threat, 'nothing can be ruled out'.

?The big events are under full and absolute review,? he explained. ?They are not viable as they have been until now.

?The big events have had an important value up until now but the circumstances force us to prioritise.

?With contracts signed, we can't be imprudent because the penalty could cost us more. We have to find balanced solutions.?

Valencia hosted its first F1 race back in 2008. The current five-year contract, which was signed in 2009, runs until the end of 2014. This year's event will take place there on June 24.

Good news everyone!

It just might die off. It better, that snoozefest is just in another league of boredom.

Not really, it's just so useless.

Anyways, next years calendar is set to be one of the largest ever. That surely won't go down in the future with Russian GPs and whatnot...so killing this shitfest is no big loss.

Valencia is basically bankrupt, I doubt Bernie will be high up on the list of those who will be paid. Stopping the race will be good for F1 anyway.

Good news! Always didn't like Valencia

It really isnt :p

I don't understand this point of view at all. Seeing the cars go up and down a straight road is far better than nothing at all. To my way of thinking the only people who would prefer no race at all are the people who just watch F1 for the overtaking and crashes. If you genuinely believe no race at all is better then I assume you don't watch any coverage of the race?

So will there be a race in Bahrain this year? There are calls for a boycott and not much seems to have changed in terms of the political leadership.

A Valencia gp is better than no gp but a gap in the calendar makes it easier for new gp's like Russia and the US and mabye even old greats like magny cours and imola although that is unlikely thanks to the big m word.

Old greats? Imola and fuck me dead, Magny Cours? :p

They're better left well alone from the F1 calendar. Though Imola might be more interesting with it's present layout.