2012 Formula 1 Season Thread

I edited that post with an explanation but I suspect I did so after you checked it out ;)

check it out now :)

i tried that, and got the following:
http:// d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/578727753.png?key=900599&Expires=1336906340&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=CwR3ZoFzf2qokrX6YWy43NcV30BjVid6JhurMwkAMkVhkgcw9bQz8tcsi1Ni31mDFMSBg44p0qb5WpsFLHDarqRq1MhzrKUMsCqtjJYN8EqtUOyeOVyrefgkhF~g-x111yLiURa9tdTeF32BU4KoA6MS39XXdcmUI2SCCcWFzkw_

Last edited:
Right click, View image, copy the URL from the address bar or right click and Copy image location.

Weird bone, I got the link u see in my post (which is the same except it stops at ?key=900599). Maybe you're logged in there or something so you get a unique URL.

I don't think seb would leave redbull especially after back to back titles

...mmm, delicious finish. Middle bit was meh. Sucks that Schumy got penalized for fuck all though, I honestly think if he hadn't had to deal with that penalty he'da won the race instead of retiring due to, what I'm assuming, damage from the lap 1 clusterfuck. But oh well. Still a good race.

Last edited:
If not for Alonso we'll be just normal Ferrari fans. Massa had another shitty race, so for constructor's it's basically Alonso flying the flag.

Sure, cos the team is just sitting at home drinking coffee and having pasta and pizza. Alonso could take top places if he ran the race on foot! Come on man.

Sure, cos the team is just sitting at home drinking coffee and having pasta and pizza. Alonso could take top places if he ran the race on foot! Come on man.
Massa also had a reasonable race today, he seemed faster than Alonso at certain points?though Alonso may not have been extracting the full performance from the car at the time.

No, he was pacing himself to use the tyres at the time he wanted and not at the time he was pressed to. He lost a little time to Hamilton and then decided it was time to put the foot down and shaved a second off each lap for 4 consecutive laps. McLaren brought Hamilton in, Alonso kept the foot down, and when he did his own pitstop he came out well ahead of Hamilton.
Massa showed a hint of hope for a comeback for sure, we'll see how he does next.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/0...-prix-as-talks-resume-with-quebec-government/

Sucks if things go hairy, since I bought tickets and this will be my first Grand Prix Weekend ever...

Also, I live in the province beside Quebec and my tuition rates go up ~$500 per year, so I find it pretty amusing they're protesting so heavily for ~300 year increases for 5 years :p.

On topic: In Bahrain the protestors publicly said ( I think ) that they would leave the Grand Prix alone, but here at least one student group has said they'll target it specifically to bring shame to the government. Also most of these protestors are ultra-liberal so F1 is the complete opposite of what they support:

?The AFEA-UQAM suggests that the C.L.A.S.S.E. (the student federation the faculty belongs to) organize a weekend of disruptions in order to cancel the Formula 1 Grand Prix and its jet-set events of June 8-10 which represent sexist, anti-environmental, elitist and economic values that must be abolished.?

You can argue for elitism and anti-environmentalism, but how is F1 sexist :p.

What do you think will happen?

It's looking like Fernando is edging in on being the biggest WDC contender, he's been very consistent with being in the points; only Lewis and Alonso have stayed in the points all 6 races, if McLaren can get their shit together it should prove to be a legendary battle between them.

Not forgetting Mark whose only black spot so far is the 11th at Barcelona, otherwise it's been lucky 4s and a win.

Last edited:
It's looking like Fernando is edging in on being the biggest WDC contender, he's been very consistent with being in the points; only Lewis and Alonso have stayed in the points all 6 races, if McLaren can get their shit together it should prove to be a legendary battle between them.

Which leads to a funny point, that they have been talking each other up. Two former teammates who did not get along now recognizing publicly how the other is likely to be champion.

Lewis Hamilton favourite for title - Fernando Alonso

Ferrari's Fernando Alonso believes Lewis Hamilton is the favourite to win the world championship this year.

The Spaniard said he is already looking towards the end of the season and that he expects the McLaren driver to be the one he needs to beat.

"In Monaco, traditionally, the first three drivers on the grid have a chance of winning," Alonso said.

"But we are looking further ahead. We are looking to November and it is Hamilton we want to be close to."

Alonso will start fifth in Monaco on Sunday, two places behind Hamilton.

Both have been promoted one place from their qualifying position because Michael Schumacher, who took pole for Mercedes, has a five-place grid penalty.

Alonso heads into the race tied on points at the head of the championship with Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel, with Hamilton in third place eight points behind.

Hamilton said: "It is always a pleasure to have my former team-mate, a two-time world champion, who is regarded as one of the best drivers if not the best driver here, saying positive things about me.

"I feel very, very similar - once he has the car, which he has done in some of the races, he will be extremely quick and very difficult to beat.

"I'm sure Ferrari being the competitive team they are - and with the experience they have - will be very strong throughout the year. I think they are going to be competitive for the rest of the year."

The first five races of this season have been won by five different drivers - Hamilton's McLaren team-mate Jenson Button, Alonso, Mercedes' Nico Rosberg, Vettel and Williams's Pastor Maldonado.

Earlier in the Monaco weekend, Alonso had said of Hamilton: "It is impossible to predict how the season will evolve, but I would hardly believe it will stay like this.

"Still, if I can tip one driver, I would pick him because he's the only one who can make a difference even with a car that is not a winner."

Hamilton is behind Red Bull's Mark Webber and Rosberg on the grid in Monaco and is hopeful he can challenge for his first victory of the season.

"I've got a good feeling about the weekend but I've got two great drivers in front of me who will make it as hard as possible for me to get by and beat [them] but we will do what we can."

Button said his car lost performance between final practice and qualifying and that he did not know why.

"I don't have the pace," he said. "That's it really. This morning the car felt good, and the pace was pretty strong, but we didn't have it this afternoon when it counted. Monaco is all about qualifying."

Both McLaren drivers have written letters to an English fan, Lawrence Welks, who was injured when the grandstand he was sitting in on Thursday at the Tabac corner gave way. Welks, who is 47, has a broken back and leg.

Button said: "We both wrote him a letter saying the obvious really: get well soon, sorry to hear about the incident and thank you for your support because he's a massive fan of the team and us two.

"It's a very difficult time for him because he came here to watch F1 and he's not seen anything. He's been in hospital."

Hamilton added: "We wouldn't be here without our fans and we're very grateful for all the support we get, it was the least we could do. We hope he has a speedy recovery."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/18221419

Oh please, the usual Ferrari excuse.

It's not that outrageous to think. The article states that the "contract" is contingent upon Ferrari's performance at the end of the season. If they prove to be at the top of their game or on equal footing with McLaren or RBR, what is left to push a driver to sign a contract with them? History. Ferrari has a lot of that and to be a part of that history is pretty special.

Ferrari haven't been equal with RBR or McLaren for the last 2 (or 3) years (not much setting them apart, but significant enough).