2012 Formula 1 Shell Belgian Grand Prix

If it had been Maldonado instead of Grosjean I'd be calling for some race bans, but I think we know Grosjean isn't reckless or inattentive in his driving, so we can write it off as at most a racing mistake at the hardest part of the race.

A scary reminder of how vulnerable the drivers are with their heads sticking up there - when that happened I was just willing the cars to not come down on someones head, and it didn't miss Alonso by much... I think it's inevitable in the next ten years that the wheels will be partially covered (like IndyCar done this year), and after that some sort of structure over the cockpit (not a canopy holefully) that would hold a car coming over the top above the driver's head...

Bernie announcing Schueys retirement and then "I don't know" :lol:

What the hell are you smoking? Hamilton and Grosjean jumped out of their cars in an instant, when I posted that Alonso was still in the car and wasn't moving.

I think it was more in reference to blatant tifoso fanboi-ism that you have exhibited in the past and shone through in your relevant post just now. I bet if it was Alonso under suspicion of causing similar carnage you wouldn't be clamouring for his head.

I'm no Hamilton fan myself and he has shown himself to be reckless in the past but from all the angles I saw he was just a passenger in that incident. Grosjean has to put his hand up and accept 100% of the responsibility for that one.

Also Maldonado going out so early on must have allowed all the other drivers left in the race to breathe a huge sigh of relief! :lol:

I think it was more in reference to blatant tifoso fanboi-ism that you have exhibited in the past and shone through in your relevant post just now.

Wow, I have an opinion... and on the internet of all places, how "disgusting"! :rolleyes:

Can't blame me too much, it wasn't the first time that Hamilton has ruined other people's races. And I did correct my post.

At least Button won at the end of all that, he thoroughly deserved it. Good job by Massa to get P5.

Last edited:
Wow, I have an opinion... and on the internet of all places, how "disgusting"! :rolleyes:

Can't blame me too much, it wasn't the first time Hamilton has ruined other people races. And I did correct my post.

At least Button won at the end of all that, he thoroughly deserved it. Good job by Massa to get P5.

Nothing wrong with having an opinion. Apportioning blame and jumping to ill-informed conclusions based purely on said opinion and without being in possession of the facts is slightly different. Makes you look like a bit of a Maldonado.

Can't blame me too much, it wasn't the first time Hamilton has ruined other people races. And I did correct my post.

Some opinions are disgusting, what........I do not understand your sarcasm.

The interviews on the podium are kinda silly. They don't feel quite right and it doesn't help that the interviewer has to think about each word before he speaks it.

Kimi's pass through eau rouge, hells yeah.

Strangely enough the most exciting portion of the race was when the marussias were duking it out; racing like you have nothing to lose so ruthless!

Aw crap. Tough.

Nice race Jenson, looked in control all weekend, good stuff. Shame about the first corner, ruined the race a little.

Kimi deserves a win. Driving too well not to have one yet. Lotus not getting it done on raceday for whatever reason, hope they pull their finger out soon.

That start was insane! Sad for Kamui, though. Asian pride gone :p

Really great race by Jensen, and his stage charisma on the podium was superb!

Well done to Button and Kimi for keeping their grid positions, they were almost the only ones I think...

That will also shut up anybody who says Vettel can't race, I guess?

Massa earned some points, at last, glad about that but I'm not expecting it to keep happening...

I loved the irony of Kimi being asked on the podium of how he felt about his "turd" place. :lol:

If it had been Maldonado instead of Grosjean I'd be calling for some race bans, but I think we know Grosjean isn't reckless or inattentive in his driving, so we can write it off as at most a racing mistake at the hardest part of the race.

Umm... isn't it, like, the 6th race out of 12 races so far, that he crashed in the first lap? If he isn't reckless or inattentive, maybe stock car racing would fit better to his personal driving style.

Otherwise a very entertaining race, that keeps the championship open and exciting.

Last edited:
Gutted about the start. Maldonado should be thrown out of F1. Button was awesome all weekend.

Grosjean banned from Monza GP.

Shitstorm imminent.

Awesome race by button!!

And GRO was handed a race ban!

edit. Too damn slow!!

Grosjean really needs to learn to know what's going on around him. He could be in the championship hunt if not for several easily avoidable accidents this year. No luck at all for Kobi after a brilliant job qualifying in second. :( Nice flawless drive by Button! He was definitely due a win. Good job by Massa getting fifth, that just shows the pace Ferrari have after the break. Lastly, great drive by Vettel to go from missing out on Q3 to being second on the podium.