2012 Formula One Grand Prix of Hungary

After watching the qualifying after many hours, and looking at Hamilton's pole lap, that is one heck of a qualifier. He basically saved most of the KERS boost just for the start of that lap, nailed almost every corner proper and maximised the car and tyres. Fantastic stuff. Looking forward to the start, Alonso and Massa should be able to rob a few positions as they usually start well. Frankly though, the pace shown by Hamilton might just be enough to have him win. Ferrari will be another 'maximise points we can score' race.

P.S: Any chance of a damp race or something?

In a year of great qualis, I think this one was the best. Not because Hamilton took the pole, just because of the sheer competitiveness of the whole affair. Hats off to Grosjean for taking Vettel of the front grid.

So much for my wild, baseless prediction that Kobayashi would drive the Sauber's balls off... ah well. I am very excited for tomorrow's race.

Last edited:
Hamilton looks like a safe bet today, if the weather doesn't change. My money is on Grosjean for another podium and Alonso for the third spot. I think the only variable in there is whether Alonso will make it to 2nd of if Grosjean can hold on to that position. Seeing Webber storm up some positions would be nice, but Hungary isn't exactly the best place to make up positions.

Hamilton has a good chance to run away with this, based on his quali pace. The battle for 2nd and 3rd is going to be incredibly heated between Grosjean and the 4 World Champions right behind him. I am incredibly sad that I won't get to watch as I'll be driving to South Carolina. This should be a good one.

Schumacher's string of bad luck and mishaps this year is beyond belief :blink: Grosjean looking good...

Well well done to Lewis for the win, awesome drive by Kimmi but too bad about the KERS issue and i can't wait to see him in the interviews and good drive by Grosjean, won't be to far till he win his 1st race :)

great to not see Vettel on the podium and a good result for Alonso and his championship.

Boring track and the only thing that could of produced more passing was that thing called rain, thank god this horrible track is gone for another year :)

lol Maldonado keeps running drivers off the track.

Bring on the best tracks of the year now, can't wait for SPA

Last edited:
Ok so the ugly tall rear wing and low wide front wing are obviously shit at "preventing air turbulence from playing a part in overtaking", can we get rid of them and go back to 2002sh wings?

Typical hungaroring result... A few exciting pit moments, but overall boring, and no it has nothing to do with Alonso's place. McLaren played their card rights with Hamilton but not Button, wonder what went on there, he was looking at 3rd and finished way down.

Massa yet again driving backwards it's getting really frustrating really quickly for everyone.

Last edited:
Hungary never produces much of a GP, but this was was a bit exciting especially with Kimi charging like that. Good job for both the Lotus cars and Hamilton for the win.

Dissapointed to see Alonso in the points though.

This is getting old, Loz... he started in the points, he has a good car and good motivation, do you really get surprised at this stage? or do you have to mention it at every race?

This is getting old, Loz... he started in the points, he has a good car and good motivation, do you really get surprised at this stage? or do you have to mention it at every race?

I'm probally gonna mention it every race because I dislike him.

I dislike smokers, I don't add that to every single post I make... "Good race but disappointed that smoking is still legal" ...

Haha hear that ovation for Kimi coming second... if he had won, the world would rain down in applause

Last edited:

Not easy disliking the best driver on the grid :p You do realize he's the only driver in the top 10 with an overtake on the track today right? He drove the wheels off the Ferrari to get that 5th position. Other than Lewis he was the best driver out there today.

As for Lewis, perfect drive. Managed the gap when he could and drove brilliant defense when needed, all in all it was not an easy one for him to win and he managed it so hats off to him.

Kimi was probably the fastest driver out there today, started well behind Gros after the KERS problem at the start line but still clawed his way back up to 2nd and challenged the leader with consistently fast times throughout the entire race. Great drive from him as well.

Maldonado should be severely punished. That bastard smashed right into Di Resta on purpose and why?? No friggin reason, he probably had the position anyway. Something needs to be done about this idiot, and fast.

And last point, This track without rain is just terrible. The fact that even with DRS it's almost impossible to overtake here proves the point, this track is just terrible.

Last edited:
Alonso's championship lead extends to 40 points!
ferrarilt7.gif
( <= Waiting for lukenwolf to throw another hissy-fit over that image. :lol:)

Well done to the McLaren engineers whose developments from the last race are doing a great job. Kimi and Gorsjean were epic. Red Bull and Button messed up their strategies.

Kimi was probably the fastest driver out there today, started well behind Gros after the KERS problem at the start line but still clawed his way back up to 2nd and challenged the leader with consistently fast times throughout the entire race. Great drive from him as well.

Maldonado should be severely punished. That bastard smashed right into Di Resta on purpose and why?? No friggin reason, he probably had the position anyway. Something needs to be done about this idiot, and fast.

And last point, This track without rain is just terrible. The fact that even with DRS it's almost impossible to overtake here proves the point, this track is just terrible.

x2 Agree with all of this.

You're going to be disappointed a lot for the rest of the year then. :lol:

Last edited:
Nice race Lewis, controlled up front, deserved to win, well done. Shame about Kimi, another 2nd, would like to see him win again. Poor call on the strategy RB, 3 stops was not the way to go at all, and Jenson really didn't have a lot of luck. Rather uneventful, but that's Hungary.

Meanwhile, Alonso has a relatively quiet weekend in 5th, and still extends his lead in the championship...

3q9vt3.jpg

Alonso's championship lead extends to 40 points!
ferrarilt7.gif
( <= Waiting for lukenwolf to throw another hissy-fit over that image. :lol:)

Sorry, Sir, not going to do you the favour :p If you like to be obnoxious, who am I do deny you the fun :mrgreen: Anywho, not the most exciting of races, but thats to be expected at the Hungaroring. Lewis ran away with it, as expected, but Kimmi really flew. That was one helluva race. Grosjean ran well, too and he did even manage without a shunt, something that can't be said of Maldonado. That guy could really use a ban to cool off and get his sh*t together.

Last edited:
Hehe... it's funny how we have a race with no overtakes whatsoever (apart from Alonso and lapping cars) and it's an eventful race...
but if we have a Ferrari winning and a million position changes behind, 3 elephants running into the track, a meteorite crashing down in a chicane taking out 5 cars, a woman giving birth during the podium ceremony, it'd been a boring race.

Very good driving by all 3 podium finishers. Lewis controlled the race well and has really matured as a driver, I think his championship battle starts now. I would have loved to see Kimi win but you just can't overtake at the Hungaroring, great driving and strategy though to get to 2nd. Button's race was ruined by the strategy really, he was keeping Vettel behind him well (Vettel was really getting quite angry about that! :lol:) but switching to a 3 stopper when you can't overtake was a mistake. Maldonado finally gets a meaningful penalty, although he was already out of the points so it didn't have much effect. Great weekend for Senna though and some well deserved points.

There wasn't much action in terms of racing but the strategy and pit stops made sure there was still some excitement. Can't wait for Spa now, the Lotus' are strong with their new rear wing stalling device, the McLarens are strong again too, should be an exciting second half of the season. :D

Last edited:
Class act from Bruno Senna today, and a nice slap across Maldonado's face. Could not be more proud to be a fan.

''Even Bruno is quick here! Even Bruno.'' my ass.