2012 Goodwood Festival of Speed

marcos_eirik

Car(s)
Mostly my feet, occasionally a Tesla
This year I got the opportunity to finally go to the Goodwood Festival of Speed. I'm looking forward to it; to see, and hear the epic machinery of the past as well as the present...

I have brought with me a reasonable collection of photographic equipment, so I promise to deliver... :D I see Lotus will be this years feature marque...

Nice! Its definitely an amazing place to be simply for the smells and sounds :) Don't forget to check out the rally stage, though - we left it a bit late and didn't have much time up there but it looked epic.

I'd certainly like to go at some time, have fun. :)

Went yesterday, first time in 12 years. Wow has it changed, so much stuff to see now. Getting to the point that you'd need to spend two days to really properly see everything. Fantastic seeing all of the cars in the metal but more importantly seeing, hearing and smelling them on the move.

Interesting to see how some (i would say biggish) names in the motoring industry could walk around with no-one knowing who they were, a few Autocar journos and Horacio Pagani for example.

True awesome event.

Absolutely brilliant. I was there Friday and Sunday (it rained both days but the sun came out from time to time!) because after my first visit a couple of years ago I soon realised that 1 day wasn't enough! I don't go so that I can collect autographs but I did manage to meet Daniel Ricciardo and he signed my programme.

I've got loads of pictures and videos but I'm too tired and worn out to edit/upload much stuff right now, so here's 1 brief clip from today's top 20 timed run shootout.

Sad to see it happen but the crowd gave a big round of applause, not just for his valliant effort to try and save it but also for his spectacular driving and determination to set a fast time.

Last edited:
Did I hear Tony Mason doing commentary in the rally video?

Looks like it was a great weekend, so many great cars in one place. Apart from the Chevette, get it away! :lol:

I had a fantastic time at Goodwood, despite getting badly sunburned the first day and allergic reactions from hell because of my strong grass allergy... I haven't posted any pictures yet, as most of them are still raw files, but I'm working with it, I'm just a bit slow. Also I can't upload to Armedcats, I just get an error... :/

That said, being so close to F1 and prototype cars of all different vintages running up that hill was amazing... :drool: