Unveiled: 2012 Honda Accord Coup? restyling for the US market

The thing is...this is a facelift...on top of a facelift. :|

Nice analogy, yeah it's going down this direction of 'too much plastic surgery' which is an ugly and dangerous path

jocelyn_wildenstein.jpg

Nice analogy, yeah it's going down this direction of 'too much plastic surgery' which is an ugly and dangerous path

jocelyn_wildenstein.jpg

Ugh! Do. Not. Want.

If it weren't for the giant chrome vents on the front and rear bumpers, and the LED running lights around the fronts, I would say it's an improvement on the current generation design. Hopefully the fact that this is a "concept" means it will not make it into production exactly as it is.

I like the taillights. Thats it.

the headlights and the grill remind of the the 5th gen

..and thats a good thing... 5th gen was the best accord gen for me. :)

94-97-Honda-Accord-Front.jpg

Last edited:
With the shiny red paint and chrome bits and large wheels, it almost looks as if Honda is trying to give their cars an Dodge "SRT" kinda of flavor. Too bad it doesn't really look very nice or sophisticated. The current Accord sedan in the higher trim though is actually a really classy and probably the only car I would consider from Honda apart from the Fit.

Worlds biggest exhausts?

Between the 2010 and the 2012 Accords, it looks like Honda is taking a page from Porsche's design department. Something like "Every panel is new and different than the old car, but they only look very marginally different"

Interesting fact: The Accord v6 coupe was the #1 cross-shopped car again the Mustang. From 2009 to 2010, Ford refreshed the Mustang's front end and added rear-wheel haunches. Looks like Honda followed the same plan.

And before the Mustang GT went to the 5.0, the Accord V6 coupe could keep up with one on the drag strip.

I don't care too much for the current Accord sedan, but I still love the coupe. It's great to drive and well-balanced. I think the 2013 concept looks a bit too chromish, but the production car will be less. Just like the 8th gen concept was.

And before the Mustang GT went to the 5.0, the Accord V6 coupe could keep up with one on the drag strip.

I don't care too much for the current Accord sedan, but I still love the coupe. It's great to drive and well-balanced. I think the 2013 concept looks a bit too chromish, but the production car will be less. Just like the 8th gen concept was.

It looks better than the current Acura TL does at least ... which isn't saying much. You'd think Honda would understand the more expensive version should not be uglier. So yeah, upon reflection: It could be worse.