News: 2012 Jaguar's new 3-Series a.k.a. Jaguar XS

Pedrocas

9gag reposting troll
Car(s)
Citroen ZX 1.4i Tonic
lg80m.jpg

jBPPz.jpg

Replacement for X-Type confirmed, with hi-tech aluminium platform scheduled for whole range.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/254716/jaguars_new_3series.html

Jaguar-Concepts-821111351324071600x1060.jpg

Jaguar plans to launch an upmarket 3-series saloon rival and a radical, sporty 4x4 crossover by the middle of this decade.
The two new ?40k models, being planned under project codename X760, will join with the new XE sports car to help lift Jaguar?s sales volume closer to 100,000 units per year, the company?s medium-term strategic goal.
Jaguar had a good year in 2010, boosting sales by a couple of thousand units to around 52,000. But the number is comparatively tiny and strong growth is vital to ensure future profits and satisfy owner Tata, which is investing heavily in Jaguar Land Rover.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/255446/

3F7lX.jpg

zh1uv.jpg

Jaguar is working on a dramatically styled five-door sports hatch featuring lightweight alloy bodywork and new, direct-injection V6 petrol engines.
Priced from ?40k, the compact five-door is pencilled in for production around 2014, when it will line up alongside a new front-engined sports car and an estate version of the XF as extensions to Jaguar?s model line-up.
Intended as a luxurious but practical five-seater combining excellent fuel economy with good performance and handling, the sports hatch still awaits the production go-ahead, but is being championed at the highest levels of the company.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/Jaguar-Concepts/243688/

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/20/no-joke-jaguar-to-call-next-small-car-xs/

:cool:

I'm really digging the look of the silver one, but the side profile seems very strange in comparison with the front 3/4 view, it looks all bloated and Japanese.

Last edited:
:barf:

If I wanted something that looked like a 'new' Buick, I'd buy one. Instead of a Buick with a Jag badge on it.

When even the Top Gear Rabid British Fanboy Three are 'over' this crap general design....

Last edited:
The red one looks good.

All of these are "artists' impressions" that look like flattened Corollas, nothing to see here, move along.

The name XS reminded me of this product from Amyway - very glad I stayed away from this one.

xsenergy.jpg

I'm pretty sure that last one is just a Volvo S60 with different lights.

Front end from 2009 Buick LaCrosse meets front end from 2011 Buick LaCrosse meets rear from 2011 Audi A6

The grill, as with other Jaguars of late, looks like a '32 Ford v8 Coupe grill cut down and combined with the grill from a 2006 Buick Lucerne.

Why can't Jaguar use more of their own excellent design heritage for styling cues?

STOP POSTING RETARDED ARTISTS "IMPRESSIONS" LIKE THEY'RE OFFICIAL PICTURES FROM JAGUAR. THEY ARE NOT. DO NOT BE CONFUSED. THEY ARE SPECULATION AND WRONG.

Just making sure we're clear.

If you post pics of three completely different looking "artists impressions" I believe it's quite clear they aren't official.
I believe one of the points of this section is to post speculation and rumor about upcoming cars.

Why do people bother with speculative renders anyway? Just because someone has teh photoshopping skillz doesn't mean they have any better an idea what a new car is going to look like than anyone else. All they're doing is getting people worked up over literally nothing. Especially since those renders are awful. As much as I don't like Jaguar's new designs, I'd be willing to bet the real car will look better than any of those.

What are you doing generic car, you're not a Jaguar, oh well you seem to look like a car, you can pretend to be a Jaguar just this once.

I'm sorry, I don't know if I've quite got that right. The "XS," you say. Pronounced "Excess"?
Oh, okay. Sounds like a great name to me!

I really liked the old Jaaaaag naming scheme of "letter"-type. Everyone is using letters, throwing a word in here or there makes them stand out a little bit.

I'm sorry, I don't know if I've quite got that right. The "XS," you say. Pronounced "Excess"?
Oh, okay. Sounds like a great name to me!

They must be targeting a specific demographic. After you open the door and enter, you're INXS.

STOP POSTING RETARDED ARTISTS "IMPRESSIONS" LIKE THEY'RE OFFICIAL PICTURES FROM JAGUAR. THEY ARE NOT. DO NOT BE CONFUSED. THEY ARE SPECULATION AND WRONG.

+1

Much as I appreciate Pedrocas' efforts here, an "artist impression" warning would be appreciated. :)

*laughs* I know it's awful and a render, but damnit: I want that red one. :p