2012 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Coupe

Aiolos

Car(s)
2005 Toyota Rav4 :-/ (Mom's)
I'm happy Mercedes built this to compete more directly with the M3 coupe, and it looks, obviously, very much like the C63 Sedan, which I like, but the back end is too high for me, I don't like the lines that much. What do you guys think?

Source: Autoblog

When a new Mercedes-Benz model like the C-Class Coupe debuts, it's usually just a matter of time until the AMG version comes along. Times's up: say hello to the 2012 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Coupe.

Destined to be unveiled at the next month's New York Auto Show, the C63 AMG Coupe is essentially a 2012 C63 AMG sedan unburdened of a couple of doors. Either way, you're looking at Affalterbach's prized 6.2-liter V8 engine driving 451 horsepower (481 with the optional AMG Development pack) to the rear wheels via a seven-speed Speedshift MCT gearbox. Expect a 4.4-second sprint to sixty and an electronically-limited 155 mph top end in stock trim, or 4.3 seconds and 174 mph in AMG Development spec.

To go with the extra power, AMG has also stiffened the suspension, widened the tracks, sharpened the steering, upsized the wheel/tire package and beefed up the brakes. Tweaks to the interior and exterior let everyone know this is no mere boulevard cruiser, full details of which you can read about in the press blast after the jump and view in the high-res image gallery below.

2012c63amgcoupe1.jpg

2012c63amgcoupe2.jpg

2012c63amgcoupe3.jpg

2012c63amgcoupe4a.jpg

2012c63amgcoupe5a.jpg

2012c63amgcoupe11.jpg

2012c63amgcoupe12.jpg

2012c63amgcoupe20.jpg

2012c63amgcoupe16.jpg

2012c63amgcoupe17.jpg

2012c63amgcoupe19.jpg

2012c63amgcoupe18.jpg

2012c63amgcoupe13.jpg

2012c63amgcoupe14.jpg

2012c63amgcoupe15.jpg

2012c63amgcoupe26.jpg

The side view looks good but I think they should have made own tail lights for the coupe. The rear end looks fat and the front grill looks a bit too tall.

2012c63amgcoupe4a.jpg

totally looks like

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2011/03/20/avatar10029_13.gif

The front reminds me of a Presidente from GTA IV, and other than that it's kind of meh, AMG aren't even trying new things these days, just the same additions like any mass produced car, CF and more grey gets old, at least try some new styling techniques

I'd like to see that with the far nicer pre-facelift front.

I'd much rather have a saloon C63 AMG, but maybe that's just me.

Meh, apart from the blonde perhaps

I dunno, somehow the side view conjures up images of the C-Class Sportscoupe for me.

I don't think anything short of a gun to my head would make me pick this over an M3.

Last edited:
CLK Black was pretty awesome in red.

Sedan for me still.

I like the fact that some people on the road think you are a normal C-class, poke/disturb/tailgate from behind, and then you rev it up, and they realise, why the fuck is he pulling away so rapidly even at 150KPH ?

Same reason I love the RS4/ M3 sedan.

Sedan for me still.

I like the fact that some people on the road think you are a normal C-class, poke/disturb/tailgate from behind, and then you rev it up, and they realise, why the fuck is he pulling away so rapidly even at 150KPH ?

Same reason I love the RS4/ M3 sedan.

Idiots then. I can spot a M3 from a mile away. It's even more obvious from behind when you see the 4 exhausts.

I think it looks pretty good, although the back does look a little too much like a CLC coupe. Still no competition for the M3 though :p ... not until they at least make the limited slip diff standard (rather than optional) equipment.

If I were to buy a C63 though, I'd still prefer the wagon.