2012 NHL Off-Season and Pre-Season Thread

I doubt I will watch any more games if there is another lockout. I was nearly done with the last one and thee only thing that brought me back was watching the Olympic hockey games.

So, tuesday. We'll finally find out if the NHLPA has actually been doing anything for the past two months or if they've been doing as much as it looks like they have. Oh yeah, sure, meet once for a couple hours every week or two, that'll make sure negotiations get done quickly. With a month left, if the counter offer is in any way unrealistic, well, then the NHL has said they will continue with the old CBA to avoid the season being effected untill a new one can be reached :D
FTFY;)

I doubt I will watch any more games if there is another lockout. I was nearly done with the last one and thee only thing that brought me back was watching the Olympic hockey games.

your joking right? Please tell me your not one of "these" people

No, I am not joking. What "these" are you refering to? The only reason the NHL recovered after the last lockout was because of the great Olympic hockey that brought fans back.

It is not all about the money for me though. The NHL in recent years has made itself look bad with the way they have handled punishments (this has improved somewhat, but is still not great), and when they league has no integrity, why support it?

No, I am not joking. What "these" are you refering to? The only reason the NHL recovered after the last lockout was because of the great Olympic hockey that brought fans back.

It is not all about the money for me though. The NHL in recent years has made itself look bad with the way they have handled punishments (this has improved somewhat, but is still not great), and when they league has no integrity, why support it?

i watch it because i love the game. yes, i hate the fact that there is a business side to the game and that Shanny is suspending people for illegal hits playing hockey but i love the game. the "those" people that im referring to are the "if there is a lockout/strike i wont watch anymore" people. If there is a lockout then thats too bad but its the way things work. Im not going to penalize my favorite team because they want their fair share. i know it sucks but its just the world today. IMO if your saying what you said then you just not a real fan to begin with. I mean no ill will by this, just my opinion.

I am a fan of the game, and there are other leagues I can watch that play good hockey too.

well i have not played the series since 2010..

In other news: The Swedish Elitleague has decided not to allow any players under contract with a NHL team to play if there is a lockout.

Shame, would have loved to see B?ckstr?m back in the Bryn?s Jersey.. :(

o_O

I thought they were just not going to let NHL players leave if they were playing during a lockout and the lockout ended. Or maybe that was another european league. Meh.

In other news: The Swedish Elitleague has decided not to allow any players under contract with a NHL team to play if there is a lockout.

Shame, would have loved to see B?ckstr?m back in the Bryn?s Jersey.. :(

Guess that means Shane Doan is currently in the clear to play in the SEL.

The SEL made a clarification. They won't allow short term contracts, but if the lockout drags on, any player is welcome to stay for the full duration of the season in .se!

edit. And the season has started here!! wooo!

Last edited:
Meanwhile the KHL is lifting their nationality requirements an letting every team take in three NHLers who are free to stay for as short a time as they want. :lol: In soviet russia, hockey owner pay player money!

Meanwhile the KHL is lifting their nationality requirements an letting every team take in three NHLers who are free to stay for as short a time as they want. :lol: In soviet russia, hockey owner pay player money!

This i would love to see!

Now that the lockout has started, am I the only one with a bad taste?