Spoilers: 2012 - predictions for the new year

Well as we've just had more earthquakes last night adding to the 8000 or so we've had since September 4th 2010, my new years hopes of not having anymore are already dashed. I predict that 2012 is going to be more of the same.:(

New conflict somewhere? I guess the west has to be involved in a war somewhere. Will the world bother to go into Syria?

I'm guessing (but not hoping for) a further worsening of the global financial crisis. There still hasen't been any fundemental, or even minor significant changes to how the world economy is run. Therefore it will get a lot worse before it will get slightly better - but never as good as it was, for us in the EU and the US. I think a big chunk of ecomomical ground will be permanently lost to the BRIC contries.

This years big trend - Return of the Yo-Yo or something to that effect.

New conflict somewhere? I guess the west has to be involved in a war somewhere. Will the world bother to go into Syria?

I'm guessing (but not hoping for) a further worsening of the global financial crisis. There still hasen't been any fundemental, or even minor significant changes to how the world economy is run. Therefore it will get a lot worse before it will get slightly better - but never as good as it was, for us in the EU and the US. I think a big chunk of ecomomical ground will be permanently lost to the BRIC countries.

This years big trend - Return of the Yo-Yo or something to that effect.

Losing ground to BRIC countries is a given, but on the other hand, China is facing economic problems of its own. I too foresee a yo-yo effect however, the problems will not be limited to just the US/EU.

I predict the effective collapse of the EURO - may split into two Northern 'strong' and Southern 'weak' versions, America in hiatus until they elect a new president (Probably Obama again though) following which they get the shit together.

In the UK we will teether on the edge of economic collapse, scrabble back and everyone will breath a sigh of relief. TG will show a number of excellent episodes recovering from the poor India special. The BBC will cut, cut and cut again, more cheap shows (Cooking and reality TV abounding).

Cobol74 will still have his dicky ticker despite all the efforts of medicine but lots of his other issues may clear up. ...

22nd of December - I will still be here and laughing at those who believed the apocalypse theories.

At the risk of playing devil's advocate I wouldn't be too sure. Prophecies have a tendency to be self-fulfilling and there are a few little powder kegs around the globe which might lead to all hell breaking loose.

How about a nice game of chess?

;)

At the risk of playing devil's advocate I wouldn't be too sure. Prophecies have a tendency to be self-fulfilling and there are a few little powder kegs around the globe which might lead to all hell breaking loose.

;)

Someone has been watching Wargames I see.

:D

Here's a prediction : everything is going to suck.

Nah that's an internal conflict, nobody cares about internal conflicts. Especially ones without white people that you can't even see in HD.

In conversation on IM with Spectre. We both agree that Argentina will once again try to take the Falkland Islands.

Only this time they will succeed because Ukania no longer has a Navy worth speaking of and someone just found oil nearby.

;)

I said I'd be here on the 22nd laughing and here I am.

For those who wasted their money on bunkers and rations, you have my sympathies I hope you can find a way to recoup these monies But I still find this humorous that so many of them bought into the end of the world theory to begin with.

I said I'd be here on the 22nd laughing and here I am.

For those who wasted their money on bunkers and rations, you have my sympathies I hope you can find a way to recoup these monies But I still find this humorous that so many of them bought into the end of the world theory to begin with.

LOL, yeah very good for business. If the people who bought all that stuff and just thought it through first.

The Mayans were obviously crap at predictions:

They didn't predict the arrival of the Spanish.
They didn't predict the subsequent colonialisation and catholicisation of their culture from the 17th/18th centuries. (i.e. the end of it.)

:rolleyes:

The world will not end on 22/12/2012 or on any date in 2013.

David Cameron will finally become so shiny he will reflect all light falling on him and finally disappear completely.

People will still be saying Nick who?

The EURO zone will fumble along still not finding a solution to the Euros' woes.

Obama will make an R n B record that sells a million.

Someone will finally find a way of developing a form of personal transport that rivals a car and is green called a <insert new technology name here> car.

[video=youtube;Z0GFRcFm-aY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY&feature=share[/video]

:D