2012 SRT/8 Charger unveiled

jontoad

Car(s)
06 SRT/8 Charger, 08 Caliber SRT/4, 00 Dakota R/T
*edit* -didn't notice there was one picture of it in the end of the 2011 charger thread. oh well here are a lot more pics of it in different colors anyways.*

unveiled at the Chicago autoshow yesterday... not a big fan of the catfish/large mouth bass looking grill. i think the front end looks like an EVO and the new 6.4L hemi is nice but all you see is plastic covers under the hood. one of the things i love about the current SRT is that you see a beautiful motor when you open the hood. all these new cars have is plastic covers. its like opening the hood to see another hood.

i do love the new rear end with the LED lights all around it. the new motor was tested to run a 12.4 quarter mile in the 2011 Challenger SRT/8 on stock goodyear F1 tires. many members of LX forums were present to witness this. the motor is supposed to be way under rated at 465hp/465tq.

01-2012-dodge-charger-srt8.jpg

dodges-drops-stunning-2012-charger-srt8-medium_8.jpg

dodges-drops-stunning-2012-charger-srt8-medium_2.jpg

dodges-drops-stunning-2012-charger-srt8-medium_6.jpg

pic showing the 2011 R/T vs. 2012 SRT

dodges-drops-stunning-2012-charger-srt8-medium_7.jpg

and in gunmetal...

2011-dodge-charger-srt8-front-view.jpg

2011-dodge-charger-srt8-front-three-quarters-view.jpg

2011-dodge-charger-srt8-rear-view.jpg

2011-dodge-charger-srt8-engine-compartment-view.jpg

new motor running a 12.4 stock in a challenger on street tires...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFbxZZtywZ0[/youtube]

Last edited:
It does look a lot like a GTR doesn't it.

so an EVO X and a Charger R/T walk into a bar....

hum. didn't think about the GTR... all i see is an EVO.

the 06-10 charger was not supposed to be a "charger" they just stuck the name on the car after it was made to try and sell more. it has no retro styling cues. the new one brings in some retro styling cues on the rear, sides, and hood but stays modern with the front end. kind of and odd mix i think. i like it but i don't love it.

Last edited:
The rear end is great, the overall car looks really nice. The wheels look like they belong on a VW and not a muscle car though.

Well...it's terrible.

01-2012-dodge-charger-srt8-1297280224.jpg

charger%20hood.jpg

Ralph Gilles "i love this car"

ralphlove.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH_ny1-RHXg[/youtube]

Last edited:
It's growing on me. But the front end still looks like an Evo.

To be fair, I really like the looks of an Evo....

being its the same bolt pattern and offset, i would love to see my viper wheels on that silver car. i might have to attempt a photoshop of that...

The bumper on the nonSRT version is body-colored.

Wow, I didn't even consider that it was the new Durango. :lol:

Well, I think it's cut from the same cloth as the new Jeep Cherokee, so it's likely not complete shit.

Last edited:
Wow, I didn't even consider that it was the new Durango. :lol:

yup durango, when it was a concept it was going to be called the magnum. people had got upset and they made it the durango instead. honestly i think they wanted to keep the magnum name clear since it seems wagons might be coming back in popularity with the CTS-V wagon coming out and stuff.

2011_dodge_durango_1_660x482.pz77kgh1k1cokks4000sgo4s.a5fuq7lrqzkgc0ccw4ss08gso.th.jpeg