Unveiled: 2012 Toyota Yaris

3-door version:

S0-Nouvelle-Toyota-Yaris-voila-la-3-portes-229273.jpg

S0-Nouvelle-Toyota-Yaris-voila-la-3-portes-229274.jpg

S0-Nouvelle-Toyota-Yaris-voila-la-3-portes-229275.jpg

if only it drove as sporty as it looks (it's a subcompact modern day Toyota...I have my doubts..)

Looks like a 3-door Prius with some sharp edges. Meh. If it still uses the same bolt pattern that Toyota has used for its compacts, though, I'll be able to get cheap wheels very soon.

another soulless and boring to drive, but well built small car from japan that will sell in great numbers world wide and fail to move the mark in small cars or inspire anyone to do anything

another soulless and boring to drive, but well built small car from japan that will sell in great numbers world wide and fail to move the mark in small cars or inspire anyone to do anything

The first gen is actually not too bad to drive, but agreed when it comes to the 2nd gen.

I think they should think about renaming their entire range of cars. Hyundai, as a car brand name, has redeemed itself with the Sonata and Genesis (and the smaller i** cars), but the Accent is doomed, I'd say...

I think they should think about renaming their entire range of cars. Hyundai, as a car brand name, has redeemed itself with the Sonata and Genesis (and the smaller i** cars), but the Accent is doomed, I'd say...

They could change it to the Hyundai Excel. :p

Really? On that car? That's, honestly, a silly thing to worry about. Lots of more expensive cars still come with them.

I'm actually more concerned with the fact they're rear drums.

As others have said drums aren't an issue with a car that light. I belive around 75% of the breaking is done by the front breaks anyway.

Proof Toyota read this thread:

45779464655-c-toy.jpg

Boom. Rear discs.

I believe that the base 1.0 (if they will still offer that engine) will have drums in the back, as will the 1.3. The one pictured above is probably the diesel version, those tend to have rear disc brakes as standard. (At least that's the case with the Fabia, Polo, Punto, Ibiza,...)

This reminds me, last week I saw a ~2005 Grand Vitara with rear drums.