2012 - WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE.......(from boredom)

I have to say it wasn't THAT bad.
very cheesy, cliched, yes... but come on explosions are always fun. it was way too long though, yeah...

i heard an interview with emmerich the other day on the radio, and he actually said he'd done ENOUGH DESASTER MOVIES... i mean come on, what's he ever done besides end-of-the-world stuff? no, he said he'd had enough and he was going to do something else. namely SHAKESPEARE. yes, that's what he said!
I was a bit confused by that, shakespeare doesn't offer enough explosions and other CGI-consuming stuff for emmerich, won't work!

I have to strongly disagree with you here.
Among the movies discussed as "better overall" after we left the theater were:
-Armageddon (which is a Michael Bay Film)
-Deep Impact (which was considered worse than Armageddon when it opened, but has a better Megatsunami than 2012)
-and even Emmerich's own "Independence Day" (which had more monuments of the world getting blown to smithereens in slow-mo)

Just watched it.
The main character's name is Curtis Jackson, seriously? So he's 50 Cent. :lol: The effects looks great, and I don't mind the family surviving at the end. It's a PG-13 movie afterall. But they could've cut 30 mins of boring crap out to make the movie more fast paced. Past the 2hr mark I was just waiting for the movie to end.

I still maintain - it was a lot better than Transformers 2, plot-wise that is. I just hated the last 30 minutes of Transformers, when they just ran in slow motion through the desert...why didn't they just use the Camaro?

With that said, I don't think I'll watch either movie again.

Here you go, watch these clips and you've more or less seen the whole film....CLICKY

very cheesy, cliched, yes... but come on explosions are always fun. it was way too long though, yeah...

i heard an interview with emmerich the other day on the radio, and he actually said he'd done ENOUGH DESASTER MOVIES... i mean come on, what's he ever done besides end-of-the-world stuff? no, he said he'd had enough and he was going to do something else. namely SHAKESPEARE. yes, that's what he said!
I was a bit confused by that, shakespeare doesn't offer enough explosions and other CGI-consuming stuff for emmerich, won't work!

I saw someone put several gunfights and an orgy into Macbeth, I'm sure he'll figure something out.

I had not seen this movie yet, but heard a lot about this movie. Today i have seen some trailer and decide to see this movie. Next sunday I am going to see this. I wish I would have complete worth of my money.

I wished that alzo.

Are you sure? Maybe it's a sentient spambot that has run away from it's master and is hiding since it's actually not done any spam.

Are you sure? Maybe it's a sentient spambot that has run away from it's master and is hiding since it's actually not done any spam.

lol :lol:

Saw it. While not brilliant, I was entertained, however I went in expecting the worst.

I was surprised that they put in so many people (in the special effects) who were about to die. For instance, when the buildings were collapsing, you see people hanging out at each level hanging on to any ledge they can while the building is falling in top of them. Or, as the parking garage was tipping, and the cars were being poured out, there were people falling out, too.

Through the whole movie, any time something absolutely crazy happened, I turned to me girlfriend and said "It's great that it's a movie we can relate to...'member when that happened to us?"

It did seem very long, though.

Here you go, watch these clips and you've more or less seen the whole film....CLICKY

lol just watched that clip and... my concluding thought was

why didnt anyone at the airport take the plane for themselves? :?

If there is anyone out there still considering watching this movie: DON'T!

Lol everyone seems to hate it. Although I agree that the plot was full of cliches and quite crap. The act that there were so many explosions convinced me to stay until theendof the movie. Explosions and destruction in a movie means that even if the plot is horrible you should wait until the end in case the character thats been annoying you the whole film dies! Wow ... im a cynic.
Still the explosions were cool! But i could have done without 3 hours of them. I mean i would watch like 30 minutes of that movie condensed and probably enjoy it. But I agree, unless your already watching it (in which case switch off, enjoy the explosions and stay until the end) dont go.

I dont quite follow the hate for this movie- most people seem to be saying how the script is awful, the acting sucked etc etc - but really, what did you expect?
I went to see it, fully expecting a rollercoaster of cheese that entertained me, and that's what I got- I thought it was great!

<cue comments about how I can't ever appreciate a "proper" film ;)>

Holy cliches batman!

I mean really...that line at the end...
...And why the hell would the whole ship/ark/whatever cheer when they find out that he's alive...wouldn't they just care that the door closed and they're gonna live? I mean...The writers didn't do a good enough job that I wanted him to live...so why the hell would everyone else who SHOULD hate him since he just nearly killed them all want him to live?
But damn...the effects...I'm actually playing with this renderer at the moment with my 3d stuff...the effects in this certainly inspire one...

I dont quite follow the hate for this movie- most people seem to be saying how the script is awful, the acting sucked etc etc - but really, what did you expect?
I went to see it, fully expecting a rollercoaster of cheese that entertained me, and that's what I got- I thought it was great!

I expected less dull moments. I've spent the last hour nearly asleep,
Woodie Harrelson made it bearable, from then on, the talkie parts of the movie
were just too tedious - by the time shit started to blow up, I didn't care.

For me, i still think that Emmerich has only provided one solid film in his career which is the original Stargate film and that is only because it led into one of the best sci fi shows made. Everything else he's done since then, Independence Day, that awful Godzilla film and The Day after Tomorrow have all been just style and no substance to them.
The weird thing is that i still remember a interview Dean Devlin (who was the writer and i think one of the producers of Independence Day) did when Independence Day was released at cinemas and he said "to this day every one still talks about Star Wars, one of the reasons why it was so popular was because it had a great story and its a story that still works now. You can't do a film that is all special effects and has no story." If only Emmerich had actually listened to him instead of producing these awful films.