2013 Australian Grand Prix

i have been at the track for the last 2 days, Friday was perfect at 26c degree's and today lol horrible and it didn't make my grandstand seat on the main straight any fun

they are saying early rain tomorrow so hopefully that doesn't come through Q2 & Q3, we have gone through a heatwave here and now back to winter for 2 days

For those in the US:

NBC Sports Network will show the remainder of qualifying from the Australian Grand Prix at 12:30 a.m. EST Sunday morning. Live race coverage begins one hour later at 1:30 a.m EST.

So we won't get it live (due to SEA vs. PDX soccer match), but we will see how they qualified before the race kicks off.

Status quo is resumed. Its an all Red Bull front row for the upcoming race, Vettel and Webber. Hamilton and Rosberg 3rd and 6th. Massa and Alonso 4th and 5th. Button and Perez 10th and 15th.

They shouldn't have left Button in the pits until the last minute or else he would've been a bit further up.

Seeing Hamilton up there, high above Mclaren, I might end up having to eat some of my words about his move to Mercedes.

Accidentally stumbling upon the second part of qualifying on German TV reminded me of how much I don't want to constantly be updated on the progress of every German driver :shakefist:

Hulkenburg out. Fuel problems.

Kimi, my man. :D Bravo. Alonso pulled it off again and Massa sticking with it. The F138 IS good. :D

A wild Raikkonen appears!

Coming out of nowhere and making that 2 stop work, brilliant stuff. Even Vettel was saying he was surprised that he was a position down after one of his stops.

And that late braking by Hamilton vs Alonso was freaking awesome. He knew it was inevitable that he was going to be passed but that fighting spirit, that passion is what I want back from Hamilton.

Oh! Webber botched his launch? Well that's a surprise......

Kimi, my man. :D Bravo. Alonso pulled it off again and Massa sticking with it. The F138 IS good. :D

Fernando-Alonso-German-GP-2012.jpg

Awww yeaaahh! Alonso was epic as usual. :cool:

Great Job by Kimi, Massa and Sutil too. The Red Bull and Mercedes were way off the pace and there's still a huge question mark over Mercedes' reliability. Also, Webber's KERS was out of action again.

Aaaaaand McLaren: What a joke... looks like their "evolutionary design" is really paying off... :lmao:

Hamilton-Lewis-Merc-2013-C600-600x330.png

Last edited:
I obviously wanted a red car to win but well, second best thing would be.. KIMIIII

I think he has a chance this year. I don't want him to, I want more red championships, but he has a chance. If he can pull the consistency he had in 2012, and Lotus can keep up with the mid-championship upgrades... it'll be an exciting season that's for sure.

Alonso did great and dunno who's call it was to pit him early but great job. Massa, very good start, if he can keep up I can see him regaining the team's confidence in no time, and the fans as well, me included.

And yeah there will be many urgent meetings in Woking these following weekends I bet.

I'm afraid this race doesn't have much conclusiveness for the season. Melbourne never is, even when it's warm there. But today it was cold and I have the feeling that the best gambler won.

Anyway, nice race by Kimi. Lotus might be the upcoming team of the season. Vettel made the most of it, Red Bull will have to do some homework on tyrewear for the next races. Ferrari seems already to be in good shape, Mercedes still has a few things to sort out but definitely made a huge step forward. But whatever happened to McLaren????

Last edited:
I think they said somewhere that in the last 10 championships, the winner of Melbourne was WDC 6 times... I counted 7 myself on the wiki. :p

I'm afraid this race doesn't have much conclusiveness for the season. Melbourne never is, even when it's warm there.

Did you just make that up? As mpicco said, in the last 10 championships, the winner of Melbourne was world champion 7 times. And since the race has been at Albert Park, the winner has been WDC 11 times (out of 18 races that have been staged here).

I'm 99% certain that the 2013 champ will be one of today's podium finishers.

Anyway, good race, good start to the season. Great to see Kimi win, a good result for Fernando too. Vettel probably got the most he could have hoped for today, Red Bull are all over the one-lap pace but not so much on the long runs. Interesting.

Fair play to Sutil and Force India, they were legitimate podium challengers for a good portion of the race today. Nice to see Massa get his mojo back.

Merc were better than expected (and mega in the rain!), McMerc were worse than expected (and looking despondent about it).

And finally, good driving from all today. No silly incidents or crashes, everybody was very well behaved.