Unveiled: 2013 BMW 4 Series Coup?

The bottom bits at the front and rear kind of remind me of the VW Up! Other than that, do want.

Like the 3-series sedan, this new 4-series look barely any different from its predecessor (in this case, the prev 3-series coupe). Then again, that's no bad thing, as the prev coupe was good-looking, in an understated way. I like how the interior apes that of the 5- and 6-series cars with the giant honking nav and the asymmetrical leather between the seats.

I like it overall, but I'm having a real hard time getting over that interior. It's both offensive and painful.

Last edited:
They managed to make a BMW I like to look at? Color me impressed.

The interior can be changed. Let's be honest, very few people are going to to want that particular shade of alcantara. Just change it to black and you're all set.

BMW-3Series-f30-interior.jpg

My response to a 4 series: "What is the point?"

My response to the pictures: "Holy hell, that looks excellent"

Yea, I'll have one.

omfg_you_hot_lets_sex.gif

However, I wonder whether this will actually be the death of the 3-series coupe. After all, the VW EOS was supposed to replace the Golf convertible, yet after a while along came the new Golf convertible. BMW may still end up making a 3-series coupe purely for the few people who have always bought one/had one as a company car and will go: "4-series? What's that? I'll just get the 3-series coupe again."

It won't cost them much to re-engineer it and could equal lots of profit because not only will it will mean those who normally think "I don't want to be just another 3-series driver" the chance to buy an exciting and stylish new alternative but will also mean the 3-series die-hards will still be able to buy their beloved status symbol.

That would be the mother of all niches if BMW did 2 3-series coupes.

Well, BMW is making sure that they don't miss any market niche after all. But overall it looks very good in my opinion, except for the lower back end and I'm not so sure about the Ipad thing in the dashboard.

I hate that they have integrated the exhaust in the rear bumper.

Why? Hiding an ugly and functional part of a car away has to be a good thing surely?

But I?m still no fan of poo-colored interiors ...

I guess it's because of the colours of my cars but I rather like the gunmetal grey paint/chocolate brown leather interior combo......

A new BMW, and the forums are generally positive about it?

It's like I don't even know you guys anymore! :p

Hold your horses, The Spie hasn't commented yet.

Reactions: haz
He's busy preparing more napalm.

Reactions: haz
Apart from the rear bumper and exhaust, it looks great. I'm sure the base interior, not the individual package, will look much smarter. As it is, the individual interior looks like a cattle rancher's wet dream, all it needs is spurs and a place for an assault rifle.

Get rid of that beemerang side scoop and its perfect IMO. I don't mind the integrated exhaust, but something tells me it will be toned down for the production version.

Also, presumably this means that this is the end of the M3 Coupe. I don't know why, but M4 just doesn't sound right.

A new BMW, and the forums are generally positive about it?

Hold your horses, The Spie hasn't commented yet.

He's busy preparing more napalm.

Actually, I was going to pass this one up, since I don't like coupes in general (the F-Type being the only one I've had a desire to buy within the last, say, twenty years). That being said, in the words of Admiral Ackbar, it's a trap. It's been designed and renamed in order to get you to buy into the fact that they're not Evil. They're making this look like a good car to lull you into grabbing the cheese, then, wham, the bar snaps your neck. Don't fall for it.

The beemerang is proof that no matter how they want to disguise it, the Evil still has to come out somehow. Buick's vents are more tasteful, and when an American car beats a German car in the taste department, there must be a reason for it. The reason is that BMW Is Evil.

Would BMW create something that resembles a good car for this purpose? Of course they would. They're Evil. Remember Shakespeare's words: the devil can cite Scripture for his purpose. Here's the Book Of Johann.