2013 Chevrolet Malibu

jetsetter

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1997 BMW 528i
http://img535.imageshack.**/img535/1350/2013chevroletmalibularg.jpg
http://img191.imageshack.**/img191/2530/2013malibublue128009222.jpg
http://img27.imageshack.**/img27/7421/13malibuinttease0953913.jpg
The 2013 Chevrolet Malibu will be unveiled on Monday at the Shanghai Motor Show. General Motors is expectedly making a big deal of the event, and started dropping teasers a couple weeks back. Those were followed by a full-on, high-resolution pic of the Malibu in red on Thursday. And now? Another picture of the China-spec car in blue. Since it's static, we get a clean look at the new Malibu's wheels and a better idea of the car's profile

If you feel like you're already overstuffed on the 2013 Malibu, try to save some room for the main course, which comes in the form of the sedan's official debut in Shanghai. The live reveal will be streamed via webcast on Chevy's Facebook page on Monday, April 18 at 8:30 p.m. EDT.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/04/16/gm-releases-another-shot-of-the-2013-chevrolet-malibu/

A very important vehicle and so far I think it looks quite good. Certainly better than the soft tumorous bulges coming out of Japan. I do not understand why current Japanese design language tends towards the squishy but I do know it is to their detriment. With the Malibu I suspect the most polarizing portion of the new design will be the rear, Chevrolet seems to be saving that feature for the premier.

Last edited:
Looks almost the same from the front, but it obviously has very different taillights, it would have been nicer to have a rear shot. :sleep:

it would have been nicer to have a rear shot. :sleep:

2013-Chevrolet-Malibu-LTZ-Exterior-rear-light-1-533x355.jpg

:dunno:

Looks good. You can definitely see some Cruze in the front and Camaro in the tail-lights.

Holden have confirmed that they will be selling this in Aus from 2012, as their "mid-size" car. The current model is already only 2cm shorter than a Commodore, so there is a large chance their mid-size car will be larger than their large car. At least it will be better than the Epica, and even though I predict it will be worse than the Mondeo it's pretty much guaranteed to sell more.

Also, weird stereo is weird
malibu-interior_729.jpg

I guess its so you can stick a mp3 player or phone than and do everything via Bluetooth? Just seems like one more thing to break in my eyes. Doesn't really work for theft deterrent, because all you've done is hide an expensive phone inside an expensive stereo...

I quite like that folding NAV system, I wonder why nobody's thought of it before.

Yup. Modern tech is fairly thin, so all that space in the dash would be otherwise wasted.

As long as it's properly constructed and doesn't break all the time, I like it. The problem is I imagine it to be thin, light and flimsy, which is the opposite of what I want it to be.

I quite like that folding NAV system, I wonder why nobody's thought of it before.

Ditto, I usually route the iPod cable cable to my glove box when I install a stereo.

The outside is nice!

I'm glad some can find something positive to say. As for me, looking at this and a number of other recent releases and concepts that have been posted here; all I can think of is an old Neil Young song:

Another chorus:
Saw it on the web
Bought it with a loan
Tried to drive it home
It was a piece of crap

Last edited:

I mean, seriously, if you can't f**king bolt on the steering wheel right on one of your 'critical to success' cars, why should anyone give your other products a second glance?

Last edited:
Ah yes, I almost forgot. GM=bad.

Holden have confirmed that they will be selling this in Aus from 2012, as their "mid-size" car. The current model is already only 2cm shorter than a Commodore, so there is a large chance their mid-size car will be larger than their large car. At least it will be better than the Epica, and even though I predict it will be worse than the Mondeo it's pretty much guaranteed to sell more.

Also, weird stereo is weird
malibu-interior_729.jpg

This is, in fact, a clever stereo. The Chevy Orlando has one exactly like this. With today's technology reducing space and components, it's a waste not having similar solutions like this. This kind of stereo lets you store things behind it and lets you plug your mp3 player to the stereo while hiding it, without the need to get access to the glove box. I hope more car makers start opting for this kind of solutions.

I mean, seriously, if you can't f**king bolt on the steering wheel right on one of your 'critical to success' cars, why should anyone give your other products a second glance?

I thought that was a hoax?