2013 Chevrolet Malibu

Of course it is not RWD. They dropped the V6 in favor of bumping up the displacement of the I4 to 2.5l. Worthless......they do seem to sell. As for pleasing to look well........I think it looks better than most other offerings in the segment.

Toyota sells Camrys too, that doesn't make them any good. This car and the Camry are rental fleet and old people fodder. Cool people buy Fusions, Altimas or Legacies. :D As Spectre said the new CAFE regs have more to do on companies not continuing 6cyl engine R&D. Granted EcoBoost and other forms of forced induction I4's are neat and can be fun. A large portion of people I know that have bought midsize saloons recently wanted the grunt of a larger engine vs an I4.

Awww it was looking so nice from the outside but as I scrolled down I was greeted by an interior with... with... fake wooden trim. Shiny fake wooden trim, and light grey plastics from an old Daewoo. Am disappoint.

I actually like the faux wood. It's very minimal and tasteful. I will never understand everyone's obsession with silver painted plastic these days....so bland and ugly...:/

Hmm..I really like the way it looks both inside and out, I haven't had much hands on experience with American interiors so I'm inclined to say looks quite good.

Jesus fucking Christ, GM - stop using blue lights all over the interior of your cars! They fuck up the driver's ability to see at night, are a pain in the ass to read and are not, and have never been cool.

Also, the build quality of every GM car I sat in at the most recent auto show was crap. Even the Buicks had rock-hard seats, it was like sitting in church but more claustrophobic and with less legroom.

Jesus fucking Christ, GM - stop using blue lights all over the interior of your cars! They fuck up the driver's ability to see at night, are a pain in the ass to read and are not, and have never been cool.

Also, the build quality of every GM car I sat in at the most recent auto show was crap. Even the Buicks had rock-hard seats, it was like sitting in church but more claustrophobic and with less legroom.

I don't like the tealish color of the blue GM uses..."Ice Blue" is not cool. :yucky:

Holden have confirmed that they will be selling this in Aus from 2012, as their "mid-size" car. The current model is already only 2cm shorter than a Commodore, so there is a large chance their mid-size car will be larger than their large car. At least it will be better than the Epica, and even though I predict it will be worse than the Mondeo it's pretty much guaranteed to sell more.

Also, weird stereo is weird
malibu-interior_729.jpg

The exterior looks a lot like the new Holden Cruze IMO.

It'll be interesting to see how this sells under the Holden badge, though.