2013 Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

Mercedes and Ferrari falling apart on live TV. Good grief, do they want to gift it to RB that badly? :?

This has gone to the shits. Badly..

Gutted for DiResta, would love to see a new driver on the podium. Great racing from the Lotus cars. Shame about Massa too, he was running great in the first part of the race.

Great to see Alonso only score a few points. Would have been better with a few less though for me.

thank god for the mute button when that prick wins, hopefully one day he crashes when he goes for these fastest laps towards the end of the race.

Boring race apart from watching both Mclaren's fighting on the track

Also great drive by well done to both Lotus cars, Di Resta and to Alonso even with no DRS

Oh My these 3 week breaks are horrible :(

Well, Alonso was in the mix for fifth, sixth place. And that without DRS...god, he would have been up there without that needless faliure.

thank god for the mute button when that prick wins, hopefully one day he crashes when he goes for these fastest laps towards the end of the race.

Fairness isn't your strong point, is it?

Did we watch the same race? How did you manage to miss Prez vs Alonso, Hamilton vs Webber and many other great battles? This race was everything but boring :blink:

What an enthralling race! Perez certainly seemed motivated and looked much more like a McLaren driver than in previous races. Bit clumsy with Button I think, was probably a bit too aggressive there, but no harm done.

I do not understand why the Webber/Rosberg incident (if you could even call it that) was being investigated yet Gutierrez gets away with smacking into the back of Vergne at the start of the race. Does everything really need to be investigated and penalised nowdays? It was a slight coming together with no malice intent. But on the whole I think we saw some very good racing between the world's best drivers.

As someone who calls himself a Formula One fan, I hope you watched the race Cellos and enjoyed the wheel to wheel action even if your guys had a poor one. Alonso certainly had a hell of a comeback drive, can never count the guy out.

Alonso certainly had a hell of a comeback drive, can never count the guy out.

Too bad that being determined and fast as hell doesn't directly translate into points. <_< Real shame...he was on it. Massa though...he just doesn't seem to be able to pull himself out of trouble when they come.

I'm not usually one to defend Massa but he did have two tyre failures and it's probably likely he was told to protect the car in case of a repeat. Since when was F1 fair though? Perez was determined and fast and was probably just as deserving of a good result, as was Hamilton - where the hell did he come from?

what a dog of a race for rosberg

what is the record for losing most places when starting from poll? (without encountering mechanical issues). he went from 1 to 9
at the same time hamilton manages going from 9 to 5. if rosberg even had the slightest hopes as being on the same level as hamilon within the team, he can put them away i think...

button also made a fool of himself, asking the pitwall the cool perez down, and then finishing 4 places lower
maybe button should've turned it up instead?

Last edited:
It seems he probably should've resisted less and let Perez go by, saving his tyres and maybe not having to need to make that fourth stop. Perez might've gotten far enough up the road to finish ahead of Hamilton. I always think from a team perspective, there's no point in having your two drivers fight like that as they're only risking their cars, ruining their tyres and losing time to their competitors.

Oh, I don't think so. Bumper cars anyone? ;)

Did we watch the same race? How did you manage to miss Prez vs Alonso, Hamilton vs Webber and many other great battles? This race was everything but boring :blink:

I loved it! I was so rooting for Perez to get a podium finish. I guess he just said said: "Screw it! I'm going for it!"

But congrats to Lotus and to Vettel as well. :)

I thought that was a fairly entertaining race for a change.. if you call that boring, what do you call most other races? :D

That must of been the most consistently exciting race we've had in a while. The first few laps where the entire field stayed together led by a close 3-way battle, the fun with the Mclaren boys, Hamilton v Webber, Hamilton v Webber v Alonso, Perez v Alonso, it was great.

A real pity for Ferrari getting messed up like that, but Alonso's comeback was really impressive to watch. Hamilton's 9 to 5 was as well, but as both him and Rosberg highlighted, that Mercedes has some problems that they need to work on. Button and Perez also had a good showing (especially Perez), but for some reason the car isn't carrying them. And they seriously need better pit stops.

Fantastic race. There were plenty of overtaking, making it enjoyable right till the last lap.

Countless of epic battles like... Vettel's opening laps, Hamilton's move on Webber, Rosberg & the McLaren boys... and Perez's move on Webber & Alonso were also pretty damn good.

In other news, Caterham's upgrades seem to be working. Pic beat both Marussias AND a Sauber. Maybe his switch wasn't as bad as we first thought.

Speaking of switches which looked bad but weren't, Hamilton has yet to finish behind a McLaren this season.

And then there is Hulkenberg. :oops:

In other news, Caterham's upgrades seem to be working. Pic beat both Marussias AND a Sauber. Maybe his switch wasn't as bad as we first thought.

and at the same time he "complained" that the updates gave too much downforce on the back, resulting in understeer
if now they get that front sorted, they'll run away from marussia without a problem

Button and Perez also had a good showing (especially Perez), but for some reason the car isn't carrying them. And they seriously need better pit stops.
I would not put any money on Martin Whitmarsh keeping his job these days.