2013 Formula 1 Season Thread

Too funny that people still think it is acceptable to issue team orders that early in the season. Ferrari were raked over the coals in 2002 and 2010 for issuing team orders in the middle of the season. Suddenly it's acceptable in the second race :blink:
And let's be honest here, most of those who blast Vettel now for disobeying the team order would have screamed bloody murder, if the roles would have been reversed and Mark had been asked to stay in 2nd, because it's not what happened, but who did it.
Another thing that's 'conveniently' overlooked. After dropping behind due to the first stop, Vettel had caught up to Mark again by lap 26. His team told him to leave a gap to Mark, because 'you are too close in the fast corners'. That was effectively the first team order. Mark was doing delta times and Vettel forced to stay behind at a gap. This allowed Hamilton to close in and Vettel wanted to go past Mark instead of doing forced delta runs. That lead to the infamous "get him out of the way" exchange. A few moments later he was told 'be patient, it's only half race yet'. All this happened on lap 28. The result of this was, that Hamilton got past at the second pitstop, so the team's ridiculous order to leave a gap to Mark cost him a position.
At the third stop he got past HAM again and since he was on a brand spanking new set of softer tires, he closed in on Mark at the speed of light. All easily visible in the Lap Charts.
When Mark came out of the pits, Vettel had caught up and Mark barely stayed in front and ONLY THEN came the "Multi21". BTW a "turn down engine" order wasn't issued at that point yet, or at least both ignored it, because both Vettel and Webber drove their fastest laps in lap 45. At the start of lap 46 the battle started, lasted for several corners and Vettel squeezed past. Only AFTER being overtaken Mark turned down the engine and dropped back about 2 seconds per lap, exposing all those conspiracy theories as utter claptrap, because no mere mortal could have fought as long as Mark did with a neutered engine.
From a team-player point of view Vettels disobedience was wrong on so many levels, but considering the bullshit he was issued by the team throughout the race and the fact that a team order this early in the season is unacceptable to begin with, his move is understandable. The biggest gripe I have with all this is, that he didn't have the balls to say what's what. Instead he cooked up this lame apology, which was cringewothy at best.

if we burried the next race thread somewhere in technology section, any chance that cellos and lukenwolf wont' find the thread, and we will actually be able to have a normal discussion?

if we burried the next race thread somewhere in technology section, any chance that cellos and lukenwolf wont' find the thread, and we will actually be able to have a normal discussion?

We need an F1 Forum Admin who can ban a few people for a race weekend or two.

Apparently Mark Webber has signed a 5 year deal to race sportscars with Porsche from next year. So this is it then, he's called it a day.

Yeah it's completely unconfirmed. Radio Le Mans is reporting it, saying with regards to confirmation "working on that but credible independent sources. Great news if confirmed. His skills will be appreciated here!"

Apparently Mark Webber has signed a 5 year deal to race sportscars with Porsche from next year. So this is it then, he's called it a day.

That rumour has been around for two weeks already and considering how RB have screwed him over this weekend, I wouldn't be surprised. I wouldn't think that RB did it deliberately, but after a rotten WE like China your couldn't really fault him for wanting to get the heck away from it, could you?

That would suit him more, to be honest. There aren't really too many options for him if he stays in F1.

Considering that even certified numb-nuts like Jean Deniz Deletraz have done well in sportscars, I think Mark could have a whole second career there. And being a Porsche works driver isn't the worst place to be in when racing there.

I would think Mark could view Le Mans as unfinished business and I have been dying to see a proper LMP1 Porsche return.
(I actually think Ferrari would gain a shit load of extra cred if they mounted a return as well, while I'm at it.)
But we need more than just "a reliable source has told us..."

Some German journalist just tweeted this:

"For the record:
#Porsche spokesman at Silverstone officially denies Mark Webber having done a five year deal with them. "

So don't know what to believe.

We need an F1 Forum Admin who can ban a few people for a race weekend or two.

Yep. Really, this is getting so childish.

- - - Updated - - -

Some German journalist just tweeted this:

"For the record:
#Porsche spokesman at Silverstone officially denies Mark Webber having done a five year deal with them. "

So don't know what to believe.

Too bad. Poor Mark could do so much better with a team that would yunno...stand behind him.

Might I suggest just turning off the F1 race thread for the time being to see if it gets better. It's become a place for personal attacks and heated insults, rather than civil discussion. Looking at threads 1-2 years ago, the difference is night and day.

Might I suggest just turning off the F1 race thread for the time being to see if it gets better. It's become a place for personal attacks and heated insults, rather than civil discussion. Looking at threads 1-2 years ago, the difference is night and day.

It won't work because lukenwolf seems to post in all threads in this sub-forum. I still can't see how he isn't banned. Yesterday he actually posted this:

'Fernando, no need to push' - what has F1 come to
f2t3p111n141.gif

If that wasn't a direct flame-baiting attempt then I don't know what is. How many times have we heard Rocky come on the radio and tell Vettel to calm down and slow down (and to not go for the fastest lap of the race) over the past few years. And yet lookenworm chose to call out Stella's message to Alonso as something that's "destroying F1". The guy is a grade-A tifosi troll.

If you actually go through my previous posts, I've stopped completely responding to him, but others do respond and that's where the arguments start.

Also another point of contention is that some people don't want anyone to celebrate when their teams win... um yeah, no.

If that wasn't a direct flame-baiting attempt then I don't know what is. How many times have we heard Rocky come on the radio and tell Vettel to calm down and slow down (and to not go for the fastest lap of the race) over the past few years. And yet lookenworm chose to call out Stella's message to Alonso as something that's "destroying F1". The guy is a grade-A tifosi troll.

If that wasn't a grade-A contrived post to find offense where there is none, I don't know. Your constant begging for attention really goes on my tits, man. Or should I say boy?. If you had spent the last five minutes reading previous posts instead of ejaculating all over your screensaver, you'd know that I was just as po'ed about the 'non-agression' team orders of Merc and RB at Malaysia. This time the 'save the car' order came well away from the finish. That isn't the fault of Ferrari - the blame squarely falls on the doorstep of Pirelli and their comedy tires, but that of course doesn't fit your agenda - you need people to attack Ferrari, because else you have nothing to have an angry wank about, even if they won. Don't despair thou, I'll ridicule you sufficiently in the future so you can jerk the gurkin until the cows come home.
For goodness sake - Fernando ate the lot of them for breakfast yesterday with a brilliant drive, yet you still find a leg to hump angrily. How fucking sad must your life be?

I hope I was sufficiently rude so you have at least a legitimate reason to be scandalized, you poor sod. Your intellectual poverty is pissing me off.

Last edited:
Aw man, everyone chill. If a post pisses you off, instead of going all 'HULK TYPE FURIOUSLY', just ignore, go to OMGKITTENS or whatever you like to do. We all support the sport, just that some of us (me included) do support the teams we like rather fanatically. If any of the Ferrari wins, I'm happy, if anyone else wins, I'll just wait for the next race if the result was shit. It's not that hard. :)

OMFG kittens :lol:
Cute-Kitten-kittens-16122946-1280-800.jpg

;)

I agree with your post. Hopefully all will understand it. I was actually rather impressed with fernando this week. why I'm accused of flame-baiting is anybodies guess.