Practice 3: Sat 11:00
Qualifying: Sat 14:00
Race: Sun 15:00

Race Information:

Laps: 56
Circuit length: 5.451 km (3.387 mi)
Race length : 305.066 km (189.559 mi)
Most wins (drivers): Lewis Hamilton (2)
Most wins (constructors): Ferrari (3) / McLaren (3)
Lap record: 1:32.238 (Michael Schumacher, Ferrari, 2004)

Last year:

Pole position: Nico Rosberg / Mercedes / 1:35.121
Podium: 1. Nico Rosberg / Mercedes | 2. Jenson Button / McLaren-Mercedes | 3. Lewis Hamilton / McLaren-Mercedes
Fastest lap: Kamui Kobayashi / Sauber-Ferrari / 1:39.960

---

So glad it's not Malaysia anymore. Hopefully we can move on from the drama and go back to racing. Will we see some more Multi-21 here or will the field separate itself and let the racers race? Who will be taking the top step on this high speed circuit?

Should be interesting with the Mercedes guys I reckon cause they are both very, very good at this track. Hope the tyre wear isn't so bad that everyone's cruising...I say Mercedes will win it, but I honestly have no idea which driver. Lewis is quicker but loves to eat his tyres up when they're new. It was the same story at McLaren where he would be 15 seconds ahead of Button all race and in the final stint Jenson just cruised up to the back of him. Same happened with Rosberg in Malaysia.

That said, Brawn said the reason Mercedes were strong there is because it's the only track where rear tyre wear (which was their problem) was dominated by front wear and so their problem dissapeared. Now that they have gotten on top of their problem the advantage they pull out might not be so great comparatively.

I predict a Red Bull and Mercedes podium, this piece of shit of a track suits the Red Bull cars very well and its going to result in another Chinese GP that will be boring as fuck to watch.

I predict a Red Bull and Mercedes podium, this piece of shit of a track suits the Red Bull cars very well and its going to result in another Chinese GP that will be boring as fuck to watch.

Cool story, bro.

Practice tonight!!! Oooh, can't wait! It has been a long 3 weeks!

Yeah, coz Red Bull has such the dominant number of victories here. With.. 1... Your beloved Ferrari is the must successful here along with Mclaren.

China has had some good races the last few years.

Jp53Zpu.jpg

Please stop trying to start shit, getting real old man. I mean, you're not even trying to be subtle anymore; RBR has 1 victory here not to mention we've known for centuries they have a car set up for lower top speeds and higher cornering speeds.
(If you were too busy flame baiting and don't remember, China has the longest straight of any GP)

so I predict Ferrari not winning and that's equivalent to me trying to start shit... lol ok... you guys need to relax a bit. A man is allowed to hate the Chinese GP year after year if he chooses, there's no reason to get your undies in a bunch over it. This race sucks and it has sucked since its inception.

My prediction is based off the following: McLaren sucks, Ferrari hasn't won here with their current car platform, Red Bull has gotten slightly better, and Mercedes does well here. Call the prediction outlandish if you want but it's based off some objective though.

jsausley, you need to calm down with the F1 fan fanboism, you don't define what a fan is or isn't so get off your high horse.

It'll be an exciting weekend. I'll try to get my girlfriend into the show as well

^i got my sister hooked
last race she even recorded qualification because she wasn't home at the time... :cool:

lol, the race hasn't even started and Ferrari fanboys are whinging already?

Anyway.... predictions.

Mercedes, RBR/Ferrari Podium. Either Rosberg / Hamilton should have a great chance at winning.

How does my whining pertain to the team I support, exactly? I said they (Ferrari) won't win, I'm perfectly cool with that, as I said earlier, the Chinese GP is a stupid publicity stunt of a race and is probably the second least important (after Bahrain) race of the season.

Why are you reffering to all of us that support Ferrari, when only one has said anything. Strike one.
IF he'd had been trolling/whinging or whatever you lot think he does when he speaks, then why go into the flame war. Then you aren't any better than the supposed troll. Strike two.

Why do certain people still come here if they see nothing but trolling or blind support in every post a guy with a prancing horse to his name makes? Just get lost already, I've had enough of it. Every single time you barge in here, LOOK AT ME, I HATE THE TIFOSI, I AM GLORIOUS, I AM NEUTRAL, THEY ARE TROLLING.

Either keep it to yourselves or just.get.lost.

Yes, I mad.

How does my whining pertain to the team I support, exactly? I said they (Ferrari) won't win, I'm perfectly cool with that, as I said earlier, the Chinese GP is a stupid publicity stunt of a race and is probably the second least important (after Bahrain) race of the season.

I fail to see how all races aren't equally important. They're all worth 25 points. Unless you're just referring to some pseudo- sense of accomplishment for winning a driver's home GP or another historically important GP, in which case I'd argue the only one that is actually worth a damn is Monaco.

Being an F1 fan means you should be yearning to see and watch as much about F1 as you can. I set my alarms early in the mornings to watch Practice, Qualifying and the Race live. I've been doing this for the past four or five years since I've been watching F1 (didn't really care that much during the Schumacher years - sorry). Yes, China was added to the calendar for mostly political and economical reasons, but it's still an amazing circuit with a great Tilke design, incredible architecture and an awesome city. If you think it's one of the more boring circuits, that's fine (P.S.: Catalunya is the most boring circuit), but I still maintain that if you don't look forward to the race or at least watch it you can't really call yourself a fan.

Do you think an NFL or FIFA fan would miss a game or not look forward to a game just because they don't like the field, stadium or their team's opponent? That's silly.

I fail to see how all races aren't equally important. They're all worth 25 points. Unless you're just referring to some pseudo- sense of accomplishment for winning a driver's home GP or another historically important GP, in which case I'd argue the only one that is actually worth a damn is Monaco.

I'm talking from a historical and fan perspective, the race is one of the least exciting and therefore one of the least important. I can't think of any memorable China GP moments.

Being an F1 fan means you should be yearning to see and watch as much about F1 as you can. I set my alarms early in the mornings to watch Practice, Qualifying and the Race live. I've been doing this for the past four or five years since I've been watching F1 (didn't really care that much during the Schumacher years - sorry). Yes, China was added to the calendar for mostly political and economical reasons, but it's still an amazing circuit with a great Tilke design, incredible architecture and an awesome city. If you think it's one of the more boring circuits, that's fine (P.S.: Catalunya is the most boring circuit), but I still maintain that if you don't look forward to the race or at least watch it you can't really call yourself a fan.

I don't care what your opinion or definition is of an F1 fan. You either are or you're not. There are no rules one has to follow in order to be fan of something, that is just arrogant.

(Catalunya is far from a boring circuit, I think you're mistaking it with Valencia.)

Do you think an NFL or FIFA fan would miss a game or not look forward to a game just because they don't like the field, stadium or their team's opponent? That's silly.

Apples and oranges. A field/stadium is in no way comparable to race track aside from the fact that they both have grand stands and are located on pieces of land. Also soccer and NFL fans miss games all the time due to certain (lackluster) opponents, why do you think certain games sell out and others don't?

I'm talking from a historical and fan perspective, the race is one of the least exciting and therefore one of the least important. I can't think of any memorable China GP moments.

Last year? Rosberg's win was epic.

(Catalunya is far from a boring circuit, I think you're mistaking it with Valencia.)

I actually prefer Valencia to Catalunya but neither are my favorite - I don't like the layout of the central European circuits, with obvious exceptions being Monaco, Monza and Spa. I am a fan of Tilke designs in general, I really miss Istanbul.

Apples and oranges. A field/stadium is in no way comparable to race track aside from the fact that they both have grand stands and are located on pieces of land. Also soccer and NFL fans miss games all the time due to certain (lackluster) opponents, why do you think certain games sell out and others don't?

I don't mean in person.. don't you have a team you follow that you watch every week? The Bears perhaps (guessing here, since you're in Chicago).

Why are you reffering to all of us that support Ferrari, when only one has said anything. Strike one.
IF he'd had been trolling/whinging or whatever you lot think he does when he speaks, then why go into the flame war. Then you aren't any better than the supposed troll. Strike two.

Why do certain people still come here if they see nothing but trolling or blind support in every post a guy with a prancing horse to his name makes? Just get lost already, I've had enough of it. Every single time you barge in here, LOOK AT ME, I HATE THE TIFOSI, I AM GLORIOUS, I AM NEUTRAL, THEY ARE TROLLING.

Either keep it to yourselves or just.get.lost.

Yes, I mad.

All of this x 100

Here

tea+thermus.jpg

I brought a thermus full of Chill the fuck out and there's enough for everyone.

Last edited:
Looks like Ferrari are on form here. I'm a Mclaren fan, but they are failing hard this year. Would be kinda nice to see a Ferrari (particularly Massa) win a race.

Equally I'd be happy if Lewis won to.