2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

If they're not going to buy it, why should Hyundai try to sell to that market when they have the Asian and American markets buying up their entire production capacity? :p

Basically this. The same reason why there are tons of fantastic cars overseas (*cough* high performance estates & hatches *cough*) which will never see the light of day in the current US market because the majority of the market here (who speak with their wallets and not internet forum whinings) have little interest in. If I was in charge of a car company where sales was the bottom line, of course I wouldn't introduce cars into a market that I can forsee being a sales flop.

You're thinking of the British market, which is another beast entirely when compared to the rest of Europe.

So is the rest of the european market pretty open to upclassed Hyundais?

Last edited:
I just came back from a month in Europe, and saw basically the same badge spread from here (Costa Rica) and the US (which I spend about 33% of my time in), save of course for the big SUVs and pick-ups. No signs of so called badge snobbery.

The only exception was Prague (which by the way I fell in love with), where you couldn't count 5 cars without one of them being a Skoda, but who can blame them? Skodas kick butt :D

I really like it. I liked the current one when I drove, except the 2.0T Track had no balls and I didn't get to drive the six. I think that Sonata turbo 4 and a V8 would be nice.

Hyundai's are incredibly ugly these days. That said, at least they have brand identity finally.

So is the rest of the european market pretty open to upclassed Hyundais?

They sell the Genesis Coupe too over here (not the sedan though) but judging by the fact that I've seen quite a few i40's on the road already I'd say that Hyundai is in the market to compete with Volkswagen, Opel and Ford at the moment.

They sell the Genesis Coupe too over here (not the sedan though) but judging by the fact that I've seen quite a few i40's on the road already I'd say that Hyundai is in the market to compete with Volkswagen, Opel and Ford at the moment.

And that's a big step up for them. Five years ago, they'd have been competing with Skoda and the cheaper French models, and losing.

I'm starting a new job today that will put lots of hard miles on my vehicle. The Fit's going to hit 50K miles later this week, and I'm going to have to start thinking. Given the lower up-front costs, operating costs, and insurance, and with their focus on reliability, a Hyundai is now a realistic option. When I got the Fit, I didn't even think of a Hyundai. They've come a long way in a short time.

Why wont they just sell this in Europe already?

Now, that's where you're wrong.

There are, and I am not joking, thousands of these damn thing. From Kia Ceed's to Hyundai i cars. Estates, three doors, five doors, you name it, they are buying it.There are little to none Dacias or any other cheap Euro brands.

And here. Those cars you see on that site are the cars they're going to import, and there are 11 left. Not exactly selling like icecream in summer with lackluster reviews and a price tag of ?40 000, which buys alot of better options. Sensible cars is Hyundais turf, and especially so when the badge says KIA (which is korean for "value for money Hyundai from SlovaKIA").

Last edited:
A clearer image of the new front fascia for the 2013 Genesis Coupe

6671321911_10c2d3fb30_b.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I'm not really liking the front, but the rest is good stuff.

The front is much too Veloster-ish, but it's still pretty nice.