2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

unbreakable

Car(s)
2007 Honda Civic
2013_hyundai_genesis_coupe.jpg

Here's more proof the spy photos of a re-styled 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe are real. The new Korean coupe was spotted again with a more Veloster-ish nose in full view.If this photo posted on Hyundai-Blog is real ? and there's no indication it isn't ? this demonstrates the company may finally bring a level of attitude and style found on most new Hyundais but conspicuously missing from the DERP-tastic headlight arrangement of the current vehicle.
If only they'd back up those mean-looking nostrils on top of the hood with a mean-sounding 5.0-liter V8 underneath it.

http://jalopnik.com/5841113/2013-hyundai-genesis-coupe-this-is-it

V8 please!!!

4e985012.jpg

If it had a V8 and if the LED strips looked a bit cleaner on the front bumper. I didn't know it is necessary to have them in Europe though.

May I also add something I notice about the updated front... It reminds me of a GTR for some reason and I'm not largely fond of the GTR at all. :|

Screw the V8. I'm happy about them putting the new 2.0 Turbo DI engine currently only available in the Sonata (274 hp). :D

Why wont they just sell this in Europe already?

Because Europe is all about badge snobbery and the Euros haven't figured out that Hyundais these days are reliable and fantastic value for money (at least when they're assembled in Korea or the US instead of Lower Slobovia). :mrgreen: :p They'd buy a Dacia before they'd buy a Hyundai. :p

If they're not going to buy it, why should Hyundai try to sell to that market when they have the Asian and American markets buying up their entire production capacity? :p

Last edited:
They could buy SAAB and ditch everything but the name. :p

Looks alright, for the most part, but I have a theory about cars looking better with smaller lights. Seeing cars like this get bigger and bigger lights doesn't help the styling.

I love the style, but man wish it wasn't so big.

I love this car. Full stop. That color, with the saddle leather interior....I'd drive that.

I love the style, but man wish it wasn't so big.

I was thinking "*Psfh* How big could it be?" But it's actually bigger than the 370Z, the RX-8 and the Mustang. To the tenth-of-an-inch it's the same size as a Camaro. :blink:

Still not sold on that window "character line" but I dig this a lot!

Because Europe is all about badge snobbery and the Euros haven't figured out that Hyundais these days are reliable and fantastic value for money (at least when they're assembled in Korea or the US instead of Lower Slobovia). :mrgreen: :p They'd buy a Dacia before they'd buy a Hyundai. :p

Now, that's where you're wrong.

There are, and I am not joking, thousands of these damn thing. From Kia Ceed's to Hyundai i cars. Estates, three doors, five doors, you name it, they are buying it.There are little to none Dacias or any other cheap Euro brands.

I love this car. Full stop. That color, with the saddle leather interior....I'd drive that.

Rick just made this car completely uncool. It would be so far down the cool wall that it would be in another country. :p :mrgreen:

Rick just made this car completely uncool. It would be so far down the cool wall that it would be in another country. :p :mrgreen:

Lies. I love this car lol....maybe not as much as that Chinese Tiguan ripoff...jk jk...almost. :p

But honestly, this would be a kickass car for me haha.

Blind_Io made the rule, you have to talk to him about modifying it. :D

If they're not going to buy it, why should Hyundai try to sell to that market when they have the Asian and American markets buying up their entire production capacity? :p

You're thinking of the British market, which is another beast entirely when compared to the rest of Europe.

Why wont they just sell this in Europe already?

They're sold here. :p

I actually like the current front fascia more than this one. It was subdued, yet not too bland. I saw a Veloster the other day, and it was just far too bulgy for me.

Why does it look so big and bulky?

And Hyundai still has a lot of brand building work to go, not too many ppl will want to spend money on a Hyundai sportscar.