Rumour Mill: 2013 Lamborghini Cabrera

hounted

Car(s)
Chevrolet Suburban/ Audi A5
The Gallardo has been the most successful car produced by the Sant?Agata based exotic car manufacturers, Lamborghini. But sooner or later, all good things must come to an end and the Gallardo is going to be replaced with an all-new baby supercar called the Cabrera, which is named after a famous Spanish fighting bull.

Like the Aventador, the Lamborghini Cabrera will come with a lightweight carbon fiber monocoque, making it weigh less than its predecessor. The Cabrera will be powered by a V10 engine that will produce 570 horsepower, this engine will be shared with the all-new Lamborghini Estoque sedan set to debut in 2014.

Source: firstsupercars.com

Sounds like a misspelled Cerbera.

Sounds like a misspelled Cetera.

peter-cetera.jpg

It's because guy-AR-doe would not be spelled "gallardo" in the US. Even though LL is y-sounding in spanish, most american's don't look at LL and think "y."

I want to punch my girlfriend in the head whenever we're at a mexican place and she orders "polo con..." *facepalm.* "You grew up half in L.A. and half near Miami! How is it that I, who grew up in rural Wisconsin, knows that it's 'POY-oh'?!?!"

The worst is Jallardo (regular English J pronounciation) I do hear that sometimes.

Like when Guy Fieri's Gallardo got nicked. I think I heard the local newspeople pronounce it at least three different ways.

That's hilarious... Someone! Quick! Make a box of Jell-O say Jallard-O!

A double LL in Italian would be pronounced as a regular L, correct? I realize it is a spanish word, and I do pronounce it as such...just seems somewhat confusing.