2013 Malaysian Grand Prix

bone

"bangle for president"
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
the official thread...

article-2120069-12528CBD000005DC-742_634x454.jpg

I reckon Alonso's got this one, he's mighty around sepang and it seems he's got the car for it, Merc are saying they will be faster here than Aus according to some data but well thats just talk and Mclaren have said they won't use the mp4-27.

Bring it on who knows what will happen it's Malaysia for christ sake.

Weather..
http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/48647.html

Friday
34 ?C
T-storms
70% chance of precipitation

Friday Night
25 ?C
Chance of T-storms
30% chance of precipitation

Saturday
33 | 25 ?C
Chance of T-storms
40% chance of precipitation

Sunday
33 | 24 ?C
Chance of T-storms
50% chance of precipitation

Oh and there's two DRS zones again.
123.png

Last edited:
So what do we think of the odds that Lotus have gone and pulled a Brawn by catching everyone out with their pace and by the time the others catch up.....?
Probably unlikely, but the way that thing looked after its tyres in Melbourne could be a very ominous sign for the other teams.

I'd like to think so - but it is looking like Ferrari is the car to beat to be honest.

Last edited:
Kimi seems to have a knack for those Pirelli joke tires. He could be hard to beat if much of the race is dry. If it rains however, I wouldn't count out Rosberg, Alonso and Vergne, who was absolutely flying in the wet at Melbourne.

Kimi seems to have a knack for those Pirelli joke tires. He could be hard to beat if much of the race is dry. If it rains however, I wouldn't count out Rosberg, Alonso and Vergne, who was absolutely flying in the wet at Melbourne.
Add Button to the mix. No matter how bad the McLaren is (and "pretty bad" seems to be how bad it is) Jenson has a knack for wet weather driving.

Podium:

1. Raikkonen
2. Hamilton
3. Alonso

Or so I hope. Go to hell Red Bull! (I almost dislike them as much as Ferrari now, but I'm picking Alonso third over any RBR guys out of principle. I don't want a four-peat.)

fanboys are one thing

but haters are so much worse!

Horner is fine with me, as is Newey (why blast a man for being a Genius?), but Marko's blatant pro-Vettel bias combined with nationalistic and Herrenmensch undertones is just unbearable.

Horner is fine with me, as is Newey (why blast a man for being a Genius?), but Marko's blatant pro-Vettel bias combined with nationalistic and Herrenmensch undertones is just unbearable.

Jealousy.

Could that be you're overshooting the goal here? Marko may not be someone, whom you wouldn't invite for dinner, but I can't remember any 'Herrenmenschen' undertones. What kind of bullcrap is that? And where the effing hell is the logic in hating Vettel and Webber because someone else is an arrogant prick or because Newey is better than the crap designer of your favourite team? That makes even less sense than Ecclestone :?

It seems that Raikkonen is the man to beat here.

Pole: Raikkonen

Podium: Raikkonen, Vettel, Alonso

In other news, for US people here, Bob Varsha will be joining the commentating for Malaysia, Spa, and Korea, so we'll have the whole gang back together for three weekends this season. Excellent!

What happened to Hamilton's very last lap? It was super slow and I was at least expecting something competitive towards Vettel's time.

Monster lap by the kid again.....qualifying jesus.

Great lap by Massa! It's nice to see him back to form!

Could that be you're overshooting the goal here? Marko may not be someone, whom you wouldn't invite for dinner, but I can't remember any 'Herrenmenschen' undertones. What kind of bullcrap is that? And where the effing hell is the logic in hating Vettel and Webber because someone else is an arrogant prick or because Newey is better than the crap designer of your favourite team? That makes even less sense than Ecclestone :?

It isn't much of any kind of logic, but if someone you hate endorses something or someone, you're far less likely to like that thing than if it were endorsed by someone you don't hate. And since Marko is an arrogant old prick and he's supporting Vettel 110%, it's harder to like Vettel than if he were in another team with someone else in charge.

Could that be you're overshooting the goal here?[...] I can't remember any 'Herrenmenschen' undertones.
That's strange, cause according to your location, you are watching the "Deutschland ueber alles" coverage on RTL that gets a much more arrogant, pro-Vettel, superiority-smug Marko than the international press.

What kind of bullcrap is that?
Language, my friend, language! ;)

And where the effing hell is the logic in hating Vettel and Webber because someone else is an arrogant prick or because Newey is better than the crap designer of your favourite team?
I suppose that is not directed at me even though being in reply to my post, as
a) I am an outspoken Webber supporter and
b) I spoke up against the Newey hate in the very post you quoted.

But hey, it was 4am on a Friday night, maybe you were a little intoxicated. :p

In completely unrelated news: The FIA had to disable cockpit warnings due to telemetry problems again. According to Autosport, reason is a change in technology partners. Could that be the same morons who fucked up the timing at the Rallye Monte Carlo earlier this year?

What happened to Hamilton's very last lap? It was super slow and I was at least expecting something competitive towards Vettel's time.

Monster lap by the kid again.....qualifying jesus.

Qualifying in the rain can be a lottery many times, catching a little dryer patch or wetter section and it doesn't matter anymore who you are and what you're driving... If you set your lap earlier before anyone else and it starts raining harder down the track, etc.

Always glad to see the Ferraris up top but I'll be more glad if either of them can be ahead of His Vettelness by the end of the first few corners.

Weather prediction: "Isolated thunderstorms, partly sunny, warm"

Seems Vettel went for a predominantly wet setup which paid off in qualifying but I dont see it working tomorrow because if it's dry he'll be nowhere (as he was in Q1 and Q2) and if it rains the FIA will simply red flag the race anyway.

I would expect the Ferraris to get ahead by turn one. They make rocket starts and it's a long run to turn one.