Ownership Verified: 2013 Mazda3i Touring Hatchback

I take a break for a couple of months and in that time mooglebunny gets a new job and a new car!

Congratulations, Moogie!

I take a break for a couple of months and in that time mooglebunny gets a new job and a new car!

Congratulations, Moogie!

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with the job and the car, especially since for what the job is, the job pays reasonably well for the area. And it's mineeeee.

Sorry it took a while to get back, between work and the time that I have after work and sleep I just don't have a ton of time it seems like.

In other car news(?):
I did end up buying some generic front car seat covers to help protect the seats, which basically fit on the seats, but a little oddly. At some point, I need to find a good reliable place to buy custom-fit rear seat covers because they really do make a difference in maintaining the seats. If anyone has some really good suggestions in the US, internet or otherwise, on places to buy custom seat covers (and yes I know they are more expensive) please let me know!

Also, my license plates also finally arrived in the mail around the beginning of January, so it took about 5 weeks overall which isn't too bad for license plates based on the estimate I was given.

Note to self: Another time, I need to post some pictures of other things I didn't take pictures of, like the push button start and more of the dashboard stuff.

So I am a terrible cat, but I figured that I'd post an update since originally people were wondering about the long-term reliability and usability of the SkyActiv Mazdas when I first posted the car. I've had the car for about 2 years now, and it's been dead reliable every single time. This includes operating it in temperatures ranging from 10F to 115F. (-12C to 46C) at anywhere from sea-level elevation to 3800 feet. I don't drive as much or far as the average person for sure, but so far I've driven the car at least 5-6 days a week nearly every week since December of 2013. If anyone was considering one of these even used, I'd say go for it because it's a great investment and they still are holding their value quite well compared to other car models from 2013. I have also had zero issues with keeping the car up and it's been incredibly cheap to do so, so those particular reports about upkeep costs are correct from personal experience.

Now for more updated pictures (I moved again, and bought a Canon Rebel T5i):
guntertest1.png

guntertest2.jpg

guntertest3.JPG

guntertest7.JPG

Mainly I just wanted to give a car-related update since it's been quite a long time and I do still have the car. Also, if you noticed, the antenna is missing mainly more to keep it safe since all one has to do is unscrew it from the mount. This is because I removed it from the car and keep it removed as I stream music from my phone thanks to the included Bluetooth.

Thanks for looking!