2013 Monaco Grand Prix

I got a say I was properly pissed about that Perez, R?ikk?nen crash. Perez just can't dive every time and expect people to give the place to you. That's how you drive in F1 Game 2012, not in a actual F1. At least R?ikk?nen still managed to collect a point.
That said, can't be too angry as Nico got his win. Race itself was quite boring though.

Gros started looking quite good at not crashing in every race, but here we are again. We might just see similar kind of mental breakdown he had after the penalty last year. Granted this season he hasn't been able to even deliver the speed.

"...but satisfaction."

lol, Vettel's last lap comment made me laugh.

Laughed out loud to that one. :D

Last edited:
At least Kimi is still on hand to pass Schumacher for most races with points finish.

For all those, who still think Massa made the same "error" twice - Ferrari has already confirmed that sunday shunt was caused by a 'problem on the front of the car'. Now everybody can calculate the odds of him doing an unusual shunt in Saturday by "mistake" and then having the exact same bizarre accident in exactly the same location 24 hours later because of a car malfunction. My guess is that they had some sort of setup tweak that didn't go very well with that bump before St. Devote and it smashed up some suspension part twice. Thios would also explain the strange positioning of the wheels when they locked up. It looked as if he had no steering input whatsoever. :blink:

Overall the race was pretty rotten. The only real highlights were Sutil's smart moves through Loews. We've seen bigger drivers make a hash of such a move in the past (*cough*Berger*cough*Irvine*cough*)
The delta-time hocus-pocus reached epic proportions in Monaco. Basically everyone trundled along 4 seconds off-pace deliberately. Vettel showed up the sheer epic-failness of this 'race'. Trundling along at 1:20 consistently, he pumps out a 1:16 out of sheer boredom and frustration and the Mullahs behind the pitwall have the audacity to give him a ticking off of it. That's were it's gotten us - race car drivers being admonished publicly for going too fast. Ridiculous.

Component confirmed, front-left suspension failed on Massa's car in the race (at the most coincidental and inconvenient point possible).

I still think a car failure or setup issue is highly likely for the first crash as well, despite what Ferrari said. There might've been an unusual characteristic as a result of a particular setup that Massa was unable to deal with.

Obviously a component can fail by itself or be made to fail by driving style (hitting some kerbs too hard). I'm sure Ferrari will dig all they can into this, despite what many people here seem to believe, they don't want Massa not finishing. The constructors championship is a big deal as well.

Obviously a component can fail by itself or be made to fail by driving style (hitting some kerbs too hard). I'm sure Ferrari will dig all they can into this, despite what many people here seem to believe, they don't want Massa not finishing. The constructors championship is a big deal as well.

Nobody said, they want Massa to not finish. What I didn't like was that they tried to make him look like an idiot by insisting the FP3 crash was a drivers error. After exactly the same accident at exactly the same place only 24 hours later they have to admit to a component failure. That's bad style. Mechanical failures can happen, especially on a bumpy track like Monaco, but trying to blame it on the driver is a cheap shot.
I wonder if Alonso's missing pace was down to worries about component failure. He was awfully slow even before the debris got stuck below his car. I'd prefer to see him squeezing that car 2012 style, but I guess the Pirellis don't allow that :?

- - - Updated - - -

I still think a car failure or setup issue is highly likely for the first crash as well, despite what Ferrari said. There might've been an unusual characteristic as a result of a particular setup that Massa was unable to deal with.

Massa might have run a harder setup that puts more strain on the suspension parts, but that's pure speculation.

Last edited:
Nobody loses prestige or anything at all by admitting to mechanical failure. Nobody, not even Ferrari, is that vain. If it was mechanical failure they would have no problem at all coming out with it, like they just did with saying the front suspension broke after the race.

Alonso said after the race there was a clear lack of pace for some reason. For some laps, it was even worsened by a plastic bag stuck in his front wing, and there was considerable damage/debris to his underside. With the amount of crashes there were, and the importance of downforce in Monaco, I don't think even you can come up with a conspiracy theory on this. But I can be wrong.

"The main problem was the pace," he explained.

"We didn't have the pace. Normally on Sunday we have the pace, but today we didn't.

"Apart from that, yes, we did have different problems. The team told me that we had a plastic bag stuck in the front wing for 10 laps, that took away performance from the front. And we had a piece of Sergio's front wing under the floor, and lost around 30 or 40 points of performance.

"But in the first 30 laps, before the red flag, we didn't have a [specific] problem. We were too slow."

Nobody loses prestige or anything at all by admitting to mechanical failure. Nobody, not even Ferrari, is that vain. If it was mechanical failure they would have no problem at all coming out with it, like they just did with saying the front suspension broke after the race.

Alonso said after the race there was a clear lack of pace for some reason. For some laps, it was even worsened by a plastic bag stuck in his front wing, and there was considerable damage/debris to his underside. With the amount of crashes there were, and the importance of downforce in Monaco, I don't think even you can come up with a conspiracy theory on this. But I can be wrong.

Since when did downforce become more important in monaco than low speed grip?

Are you deliberately trying to be obtuse or something? I'm talking about the Saturday crash, which was exactly the same as the one he had in the race ans Ferrari insisted that it was a drivers error. I remember you insisted it was one as well. For everyone with working eyes it was visible that the sunday shunt was exactly the same as the day before. Are you seriously trying to tell us that they have different causes?

That's EXACTLY my point. Ferrari would not lose anything from admitting Saturday's crash was a mechanical malfunction, as proved by Sunday's admission of the facts about Sunday.

If Saturday was mechanical malfunction, they would have said so. They got no reason to hide it.
They did NOT say so.

Is this too hard or should I dumb it down for you even more?

And for everyone with working eyes would have noticed a huge cloud of blue smoke Saturday morning, absent Sunday afternoon.