2013 NHL Season Thread

I was not expecting the Kings to win last night, but they did! and it was awesome!

anyone else throw up on their shoes when dallas unveiled the new brand? Atleast carolina was just a nice simple uniform change.

Two goals in 17 seconds.

Fuck you, Bosfags. How nice it was to wipe the smug looks off your faces, just like when the Real Sox swept the Fake Sox in 2005. And on your ice to boot.

Chicago Stronger.

Last edited:
You are one hell of a sore winner.

Your tribe brings it on themselves.

Super Bowl XX, 2005 ALDS, 2013 Stanley Cup. Suck it.

Two Stanley Cups, a World Series, and a Super Bowl where we were beaten by the better Manning, unlike the two that your team lost.

This is getting Blackhawkward.

Think about it from my perspective:

In 1985, I was in my senior year of college. I was born in 1964. I had never seen a Chicago team win a title in my lifetime (Bears 1963, Hawks 1960, Sox 1917, Bulls never). I tend to appreciate my sports teams winning titles because of that void. And now I've seen a Super Bowl, a World Series for my baseball team, two Stanley Cups, and six (should have been eight if not for Hue Hollins) NBA Championships. If the Fire win the MLS Cup, I'll be truly happy.

That Super Bowl was delicious, except for one thing: your stinking Bahstun team was there instead of the Dolphins. We wanted revenge for the Bears' only loss that year. You denied us that. We still remember. I remember the 2005 ALDS, and all of the "experts" picking the Fake Sox to beat the Real Sox; Albert Chen of SI, who somehow still has a job there, predicted a Fake Sox sweep. My team swept your team's ass. We remember.

(By the way, we Real Sox fans also have a mad-on for the Astros. They denied us a proper World Series against the Cardinals. We Sox fans wanted that more than anything. You know why? Because a Sox-Cardinals World Series would have caused mass suicide among Cubs fans.)

We detest the national media using the abbreviation "Sox" for the Fake Sox. We remember. We remember the national media falling all over themselves with "end of curse" stories in 2004 and ignoring the "end of curse" stories in 2005, a curse that lasted two years longer.

We remember the issue of SI after the 2005 World Series. We remember the Real Sox getting a corner blurb and the cover going to some faggot from Michigan who allegedly plays quarterback in the Northeast.

So, yeah, we Chicago sports fans have lots of reasons to hate Bahstun.

Chicago Stronger.

Funny thing is, no one in Boston really cares about Chicago teams.

Two Stanley Cups, a World Series, and a Super Bowl where we were beaten by the better Manning, unlike the two that your team lost.
One Stanley Cup, two World Series, three Super Bowls, an NBA championship... and still I am less sore about losing last night than you are about winning. Go home junior.

Last night's game was unreal and the celebration in city was awesome to watch as well. It was a relief to see this city party and celebrate in a classy manner, no riots, no cars on fire, no one fighting in the streets etc. Good clean fun. Congrats Blackhawks for an amazing win and season, those guys deserve it.

My only critique with last night is with who was dealt the Conn Smythe trophy, IMO I felt Corey Crawford deserved it, he was amazing this post season. Kane had a good showing as well for the most part but Crawford made this team resilient and that was especially evident during the series against the Red Wings. That's just me nitpicking though. Congrats to those guys though, I couldn't have picked a better year to get into Hockey.

Two goals in 17 seconds.

Fuck you, Bosfags. How nice it was to wipe the smug looks off your faces, just like when the Real Sox swept the Fake Sox in 2005. And on your ice to boot.

Chicago Stronger.

Like.

Funny thing is, no one in Boston really cares about Chicago teams.

And here's something you probably don't know, boy: no one anywhere in the country other than your locality cares about your teams or the ones in Noo Yawk. Now go tell the people headquartered in Bristol that we don't want to be force-fed them anymore.

That being said, I think Kaner winning the Smythe was a make-up for Toews getting it in 2010. I thought it would have been perfect to give it to both Crawford and Rask. They both stood on their heads during the playoffs. If we didn't have Corey and Emery, I sure as hell wouldn't mind Rask in an Indian head sweater.

Now go tell the people headquartered in Bristol that we don't want to be force-fed them anymore.

I quit watching ESPN for things other than sports broadcasts for this very reason. ESPN radio in Chicago isn't too bad but I'm WSCR fan and I love when they rag on those ESPN blow-hards.

And here's something you probably don't know, boy: no one anywhere in the country other than your locality cares about your teams or the ones in Noo Yawk. Now go tell the people headquartered in Bristol that we don't want to be force-fed them anymore.

Would you STFU? Seriously, you're the worst winner I've ever seen. And here I thought no one could get worse than fair-weather Yankee fans, boy was I wrong.

Yeah but we don't bitch, piss, and moan about it like you do. Have you noticed how it's the immature "Bosfag" "boy" in this conversation that hasn't said a bad word about Chicago or its teams? Grow up :rolleyes:

Reactions: Jay
You guys should just report him, it's the only way to cut out the cancer.