Unveiled: 2013 SEAT Leon III

Have you looked at ones built in the last, say, four months? I'm just saying that there's a possibility that something's going on down there that we haven't been told about. VAG does like to keep everything quiet when it comes to trouble.

Well, if the new Leon is going to have any built quality/reliability problems those are probably going to be related with it being an entirely new model rather than with any other aspect. And this happens with every new model that enters the market, no matter where it's built.

why is it that, out of all the VAG marques, they're always the best in reliability surveys?
Probably their owners don't expect them to be as well made as the more expensive Audis and VWs so they probaly don't care too much about small niggles that would upset the owners of the more 'up-market' VAG brands. And they are usually older and don't drive as hard as your typical Le?n/Ibiza owners, which always helps to avoid reliabilty problems.

I think you'll have a good test drive, but if that 180hp oil-burner isn't available yet, it's going to be underpowered.
As far as I know, the 181 bhp version is available. If it isn't, I can wait for a bit. I think that test-driving some candidates will reveal which models stay in the race.

That will leave you waiting. If you're not happy with it, I'd say the Octavia was worth a look, size be damned.
The size difference is 31cm by the way - that's not just a bit. I like the Octavia and Skodas anyway. I think they're #1 in terms of built quality of all the VAG sub-brands below Audi and VW. Still, they currently have no model that suits my wishes.

SEAT Leon ST

11673031601854328466.jpg

2057473733829225556.jpg

1828891619864818770.jpg

1412314966356683092.jpg

1424182236184226888.jpg

Hmm... very subtle changes, not really a lot of noticeable stuff going on I think.

Also, I hate the wheels...

Someone's stolen the handbrake.

Someone's stolen the handbrake.

I would gladly give up my hand brake lever for the additional storage afforded by the electronic brake switch that comes in the refreshed model.