Unveiled: 2013 Toyota Auris

I don't get why all you guys are making such a huge fuss...to me, this looks fine for what's basically a Corolla hatch (the new Camry looks pretty good also). :dunno:

P1140591.jpg
P1140544.jpg
P1140554.jpg

Why drive something that's like an Golf i30 when you could have an Golf i30?

2012_hyundai_i30_australia_03_premium_08-0529.jpg

The current shape Auris is starting to grow on me, strangely. I'd seriously consider buying one. Still has a fairly terrible interior but they do look quite good actually.

Oh my God - an i30 clone, come on Toyota get your act together, still if what you sell is a white good then I suppose any effort wasted on design is really wasted.

what a rubbish looking car... toyotas from the last 5 years have lost all soul...

what a rubbish looking car... toyotas from the last 5 years have lost all soul...

Um...hate to break it to you but they've never had soul for more than the last 5 years...:p

Um...hate to break it to you but they've never had soul for more than the last 5 years...:p

And that's amusing considering it's you saying that.

Anyway, Toyota lost their soul when they stopped making this, for certain:
TC2004GTS-AP.jpeg

Though some would say that it was gone long before, when they stopped making this:
800px-%2793-%2795_Toyota_Supra.jpg

It looks like the hybrid one actually has a deeper boot than the non-hybrid despite battery packs. I never figured out how Toyota manages to make their boots so shallow.

Yawn

Re: 2013 Toyota Auris

Not sure if you finding it boring is a good or bad sign... How would you feel if they added more beige? :unsure:

This car's so bland I cant even recall the shape. And the interior looks shit. Pass.

I quite like it. It's a good, aggressive design. I also like the look of the interior (miles ahead of the current Corolla). I hope the new Corolla takes a lot of design features from this car. The current one doesn't look bad, but it's just so bland. If Toyota wants to compete with the Elantra, Forte, Mazda3, Civic, and Focus, it needs the same good, edgy design of this Auris.

The previous Auris was a much nicer and less boring looking car. Especially the post-facelift model, it's actually a quite unique design, with its short bonnet, steeply raked windscreen and little front quarter windows. The Mazda3 picked up the baton as the dull, characterless hatchback of choice, so you could drive an Auris without looking like someone who would rather be knitting than driving. The interior even had the potential to be quite unique with the centre console bridge, high mounted gearstick and huge dash but they screwed it up by making everything grey, cheap, flimsy plastic.

2010_toyota_corolla_conquest_hatch_exterior_rear3quarter_022-4b9b69632a3d3.jpg

The US-market Corolla sedan had none of these quirky touches and was devoid of any form of character, however, so I can see why this one appears as an improvement.

This car also has one of the weirdest ads I've ever seen. (Spoilered for moderate NSFW)

Re: 2013 Toyota Auris

The previous Auris was a much nicer and less boring looking car. Especially the post-facelift model, it's actually a quite unique design, with its short bonnet, steeply raked windscreen and little front quarter windows. The Mazda3 picked up the baton as the dull, characterless hatchback of choice, so you could drive an Auris without looking like someone who would rather be knitting than driving. The interior even had the potential to be quite unique with the centre console bridge, high mounted gearstick and huge dash but they screwed it up by making everything grey, cheap, flimsy plastic.

2010_toyota_corolla_conquest_hatch_exterior_rear3quarter_022-4b9b69632a3d3.jpg

The US-market Corolla sedan had none of these quirky touches and was devoid of any form of character, however, so I can see why this one appears as an improvement.

It looks like a rolling dumpling....that's NOT a good thing.

I dunno how on earth the Mazda3 was/is considered the "dull" hatchback: it's easily one of the best driving compact's in the class.

Spoiler tag works great and ad makes no sense because Japan.